What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 06:28 pm
Did you like it? Was it really good?

Mine is Paranormal Activity 1 and 2. It was super creepy on part 1 how that lady would stand next to her boyfriends bed in the middle of the night and just watch him sleep for hours without moving! I get scared just thinking about it! I wanted to see Incidious but my dad didn't let me Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 17 • Views: 6,579 • Replies: 41
No top replies

Fido

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 08:24 pm
@GracieGirl,
When I saw the Day the Earth Stood Still, I was very young, and very frightened, and I had to put myself to bed and tell myself it wasn't real... I still find the concept frightning... The idea of an impartial, heartless law set over everyone is all about us, and does not work, which does not stop people from looking to law for solutions... Law soes not work, so people demand more law, and then, more law still without realizing the the supposed solution is the cause of most of the problems... Primitives never had super max prisons, or insane Asylums either, and they did not kill everyone who was guilty and they did not have cops on every corner, or lawyers in every pocket... They figured out how to live socially as we have not...
Fido

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 08:30 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

Did you like it? Was it really good?

Mine is Paranormal Activity 1 and 2. It was super creepy on part 1 how that lady would stand next to her boyfriends bed in the middle of the night and just watch him sleep for hours without moving! I get scared just thinking about it! I wanted to see Incidious but my dad didn't let me Sad
My daughter, 17, likes to walk into the bed room and nudge her mother, my wife, that makes her jump, and me wake up just to ask if she can watch the television because she cannot sleep... Christ, Kid!!! You trying to give your folks a heart attack???... I go back to sleep thinking I might get her out of bed the next day banging on a pan lid with a hammer...Like: PLEASE CHILD.... Think about your actions before you do them...
GracieGirl

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 09:10 pm
@Fido,
HaHa!
izzythepush

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 08:14 am
@GracieGirl,
I saw a terrifying movie trailer for a film in the cinema about a year ago. I don't have the stomach to see the whole film, the trailer was terrifying enough. It's called Jonas Brothers, The 3D Concert Experience. Makes my blood run cold just thinking about it.

http://www.entertainmentwallpaper.com/images/desktops/movie/jonas_brothers_the_3d_concert_experience01.jpg
wandeljw

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 08:24 am
When I was a college student I saw Brian DePalma's "Sisters" which starred Margot Kidder as Siamese twins (one good, one evil). For about a year I actually stopped dating because of this movie.
Fido

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 10:56 am
@izzythepush,
Why is it no one can play the guitar without making that guitar face??? Even people playing air guitar have to make the face... I might try to learn to play if I did not have to look all intensly passionate... What is it anyway??? Are we supposed to visualize that force travelling out of the face, down the neck, through the shoulders and out the arm and fingers??? I'm afraid I will never get it...
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 10:59 am
@izzythepush,
HaHahahahahaha!!!! NOOOO!
I LOVE the JoBros! It sucks that they split up....

I didn't see the movie. Razz
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 11:00 am
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

When I was a college student I saw Brian DePalma's "Sisters" which starred Margot Kidder as Siamese twins (one good, one evil). For about a year I actually stopped dating because of this movie.
There is a lot of truth to the evil twin idea...American Indians would kill or adopt out one of the twins, and doing so actually made twinning more common... The genetic logic is that twins would almost always be too much for the mother and kill her, and die themselves... By taking one of the twins, the mother survived to have more children and successfully raise the remaining twin, so the gene for twinning became more common rather than less so....
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 11:01 am
@Fido,
I saw the Day the Earth Stood Still but I saw the newer one with Jaden Smith in it. It wasn't scary to me but it was realllyyy good!

Did you see 2012?
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 03:15 am
I wish I could remember the name of the scariest movie I ever saw. I donĀ“t but I sure remember watching it. The movie was not really scary - it was the
circumstances.
I was going to spend the night alone in our summer cabin and started to watch TV.
Outside no lights, no streetlights, a little bit of a storm, the trees moving, the bushes moving back and forth, sometimes looking as if someone was watching me and the house from behind a bush. The old wooden house was making cracking noices as if someone was moving around in another room. Everything fitted the film, which under normal circumstances whould not have been so scary.
The wind got worse and I could hear the ocean and then it sounded as if someone was walking around the house.
At 10 pm I called some friends in town to come and get me....I had had enough.
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 03:52 am
@saab,
Haha! That Is scary! I would've been freaked.

I like scary movies but they always always freak me out and I get nightmares. Have you seen those Saw movies? Those movies are sick. Like, how do people even come up with that? Smile
wandeljw

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 06:13 am
@GracieGirl,
The people who currently make horror movies (like the Saw films) are trying to outdo each other. They seem to be trying to find new, disgusting things that have not been shown before.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 10:29 am
@GracieGirl,
I first saw The Exorcist when I was in the third grade. It was a truly traumatic experience for me. Because of that I still regard it as the scariest movie I've ever seen. Aside from that, I think it's a very well made movie, horror or otherwise, and it's one of my top ten films of all time.
Reyn

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 11:08 am
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:
What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?

Without a doubt:

Psycho
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psycho_(film)

A clip of the famous "shower scene":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VP5jEAP3K4

You'll notice that at no time do you see the knife go into the body. Hitchcock was good for making you use you're imagination. The fact that it's in black and white heightens this.

0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 12:06 pm
@GracieGirl,
Ni I have not seen it and would not even think about watching a movie which is just made to scare people.
It has to be good actors, good film and you have to feel fear because of that reason. Hitchcock was great in making you scared.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 01:10 pm
@wandeljw,
Well, they're doing a good job, I think.
Ceili

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 01:26 pm
Jaws.
I don't as a rule watch horror flicks, the exorcist was scary but jaws has affected me for life.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 01:26 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:
Well, they're doing a good job, I think.

They are doing a good job. In the last few years, some very unusual horror films have come out that go far beyond the Saw films. I have seen some movie critics tell their readers: "You may think you want to see this movie but you will be happier if you don't see it."

At some movie theaters, audience members had to be taken away by ambulance because they had a bad reaction to a horror movie. I read a lot of movie reviews and feel sorry for critics that are required to watch such movies. I do not know where this trend will end. A few horror film directors seem to be in a "nuclear arms race" with each other to create the most shocking movie.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2011 01:38 pm
I've seen actually two movies that I consider the scariest ones ever. I don't remember the name of either one though.

The first one plays on a rest stop where the girl has to go to the bathroom and there was blood all over and a girl crying in one stall. She told the other girl to get out while she can and when she got out her boyfriend and the car were gone. Only an old RV was there with scary people....it turns out that the people in the trailer had a disturbed son who tortured and killed everyone who stopped at the rest area. Creepy, creepy...

The other movie was where severely disfigured people who lived in the woods were preying on tourists, killed them and ate them. It was the
most disgusting movie I've ever seen....
0 Replies