Is Sex Selecting Children Wrong?

izzythepush

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
Then why don't you use a more appropriate example?
djjd62

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:03 pm
@izzythepush,
because, i believe, it's some nebulous fear he has (one of many) not something real
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:36 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

What is this example that you are bitching about?
Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
And you are more bullshit artist cum drama queen . . . once again, no surprise there.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:52 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

And you are more bullshit artist cum drama queen . . . once again, no surprise there.
That fails because I am right a high percentage of the time....I am a thoughtful provocateur, with the noble motive of trying to get others to open their minds. You on the other hand seem only interesting in measuring your dick out on the table.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 05:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

What is this example that you are bitching about?

I think I've got a handle on your stupidity, then you post something like this. I shouldn't have to explain something so simple.

You are trying to make the point that America is on the verge of a demographic catastrophe, due to various factors, that limit the amount of heterosexual women in the general population.

In order to prove your point you don't use an EXAMPLE of an American woman seeking to alter the gender of her child. No, because that would make sense. You use the EXAMPLE of a woman who has recently come to America from India. So instead of it being an EXAMPLE of attitudes towards gender in American society, it becomes an EXAMPLE of Indian attitudes.

If that wasn't stupid enough, you can't even see it when it's pointed out to you. You don't even understand what the EXAMPLE is. Please tell me you understand it now, I'm tired and I want to go to bed.
Pemerson

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 05:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

That fails because I am right a high percentage of the time....I am a thoughtful provocateur, with the noble motive of trying to get others to open their minds. You on the other hand seem only interesting in measuring your dick out on the table.

Lordy, Hawkeye, said like a pompous ass.
And, if Setanta decides to measure his dick on a table, could we all be invited? Shouldn't there be witnesses?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 05:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

You on the other hand seem only interesting in measuring your dick out on the table.

You and J Goldman share a common interest, Setanta's knob.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 05:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
Ha ! ! !

You're a legend in your own mind. Noble motives--bullshit. You troll the online new services looking for some obscure story about which you can wax righteously indignant--and far from being right even a modest proportion of the times you post, you almost always make it embarrassingly (if you were at all self-aware) obvious just how ignorant and uninformed you are. Your silly, childish display of ego here is truly hilarious.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 05:16 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
You troll the online new services looking for some obscure story about which you can wax righteously indignant-
I see that you have missed that the themes of what I chose to post tend to be recurring. Your poor perception comes as no surprise.
Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 05:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
Oh, i'm well aware of your obsessive attempts to make every obscure story you dredge up some glaring example of liberty denied, of the encroaching evil of the all-powerful (but never specifically identified) "them." That's why i call you Chicken Little. In your sad little world--which, if you do reside in Seattle, appears to mostly occupy the hours between midnight and about 5:00 a.m.--the sky is always falling.

As i said before, you're a legend in your own mind, and you're hilarious, too.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 05:36 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Oh, i'm well aware of your obsessive attempts to make every obscure story you dredge up some glaring example of liberty denied,
Wrong as usual, most everything I post has to do with the end of this current civilization and with power. The subjects are combined too because a big part of why this civilization is ending is that we have become ignorant about power, which sets us up as patsies for every con that comes down the pike.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 05:39 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
In order to prove your point you don't use an EXAMPLE of an American woman seeking to alter the gender of her child. No, because that would make sense. You use the EXAMPLE of a woman who has recently come to America from India. So instead of it being an EXAMPLE of attitudes towards gender in American society, it becomes an EXAMPLE of Indian attitudes.
I dont need anymore of your discriptive of the example, if you want me to talk about it you will need to show me what the example that I used is that you raving about. Do you have a link? A post number? A quote? I did a fast scroll and could not find any such example.

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 05:58 pm
@Pemerson,
Quote:
Lordy, Hawkeye, said like a pompous ass.
****, these days anyone who stakes a position without preceding it with at least 10 qualifiers and three declarations of humility is considered a pompous ass.....So thanks for the compliment!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 06:48 pm
@hawkeye10,
You can play all the word games you want, it won't change the fact that you almost always attempt at some point to wrap yourself in your deluded flag of freedom. Note also how you carefully edited my post, to leave out the reference to: ". . . the encroaching evil of the all-powerful (but never specifically identified) 'them.'" It's very naughty of you to cut that clause off, and then try to pretend i don't know the nature of your bullshit cons when i see them coming down the pike.

I have never yet seen you provide a shred of credible evidence that "the civilization is ending." These sort of vague appeals to murky conspiracies and looming disasters are your stock in trade. Providing no reliable details of exactly who these nefarious powerful people are, nor in what the collapse of civilization consists are the other side of your silly rhetorical coin. Civilizations change, assuredly--but they don't end. The Vandals, Visigoths, Ostragoths, Alans, Avars, Burgundians, Lombards, etc., simply learned a little Latin, dragooned some clerks and set up themsevles as the new masters. Care to tell who the new barbarians are supposed to be? Care to provide some evidence for your bullshit stories.

Roman authority collapsed in the west, but it continued for another thousand years in the east. Many of the European nations have based their legal codes on Roman code. You can't conduct a complex discussion without using latin roots, and in the west, at least, the more than 2000 years of the Roman Empire is the standard against which modern powers are judged, and the most common basis for rhetorical comparison. Your ignorance is pathetic, but more pathetic is your ignorance of the extent of your ignorance.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 02:03 am
@hawkeye10,
This is the example you used, you bloody dopey sod. I sometimes think you don't understand English.

Quote:
The first thing she said to me was, 'I know it's a girl, and I need your help to get it out of me.' "
Dr. Carpenter's brow furrowed as she told me about the first time she met Priya. Carpenter was an OB-GYN resident at the time. Priya was a recent immigrant from India who worked as a manager in a retail store and had come to the central California clinic on her lunch break. Punctuating her story with glances at her watch, she told Carpenter how, one week earlier, she had used another lunch break to go to a private ultrasound clinic, where she learned that she was pregnant with a girl. With her arms tightly crossed along her abdomen, she explained that her husband and his parents expected a boy, and that Carpenter's help could change her life.

"I have a daughter," Priya said. "I don't need another one."
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 05:21 pm
@izzythepush,
That is the lead of a peice that deals pretty well with the subject, I was not caring about the content of the lead, I was only trying to provide a resource to those who are not familiar with the subject.
spendius

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 05:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
Messing about with the gender ratio is certainly anti-evolution.
spendius

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 05:40 pm
@Pemerson,
Quote:
And, if Setanta decides to measure his dick on a table, could we all be invited? Shouldn't there be witnesses?

Count me out. I don't own a magnifying glass.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 05:44 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Messing about with the gender ratio is certainly anti-evolution.
I am not convinced that allowing everyone to choose would change the balance much in a technical society. If it would I am opposed. I am also highly concerned that we are on the express lane to cloning humans, which is a horable idea.
0 Replies