What are some good web forums to go to to discuss Greenlandic culture and language? Please help.

saab

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 12:46 am
@JGoldman10,
Greenland has relatively low violent-crime rates. Muggings, sexual assault, and racially motivated violence are rare. However, there has been a recent increase in violence between outlaw motorcycle gangs and immigrant gangs, which is spreading in some neighborhoods in Copenhagen.
That is really not what you want - gangs in Copenhagen.

Look at this picture and you can see there is not much of street gangs on Greenland.
http://d2d665fk1gw9oe.cloudfront.net/64/f6/i30668388._szw530h275_.jpg
saab

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 01:40 am
@saab,
If you go into you tube you will find a lot of more or less informativ videos about Greenland. Some really good and you see the largest city, traffic, walking tours and many other things.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 02:44 am
Oh, god, here we go again. Look at the topics he wants information on. Having spent months getting answers about Asian street gangs and hundreds of possible villains his dreamed-about-but-still-totally-unwritten comic about street fighting cats and dogs can fight, now he's abandoning all that crap he's given us for months and wants GREENLANDIC cats and dogs fighting Greenlandic street gangs. GREENLAND, of all places. JG. Greenland is sparsely populated with a very low crime rate. It's not very urban with no really big cities and no online indication even of gangs at all. The biggest town is the capital, with 15000 inhabvitants. The second biggest town has 5000, and they get smaller from that. They don't fight in the streets,
they spend their time exploiting oceanic resources. Just leave them alone. They're not good material for your "comic". Stop all this pointless "research"--you've had dozens of suggestions for countries, villains, and characters' eyes. JUST PICK SOME, stop procrastinating, and DRAW SOMETHING
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 07:10 am
@MontereyJack,
YOU are WRONG about you you posted, and you are an IDIOT. I SAID I AM MAKING MY COMIC BOOK ABOUT STREETFIGHTING CATS AND DOGS THAT FIGHT CRIME MULTICULTURAL- WRITING ABOUT AS MANY COUNTRIES AS AI CAN AND AS MANY CULTURES AS I CAN YOU MORON. THEY ARE AMERICANS AND THEY FIGHT CRIME IN THE U.S. AND IN OTHER COUNTRIES. LEARN HOW TO READ. DID I ASK YOU WHAT YOU THOUGHT? DO I TELL YOU HOW TO WRITE YOUR COMICS? NO. BUG OFF.

IF I WANT TO SPEND TIME RESEARCHING AS MANY COUNTRIES AND CULTURES THAT IS MY BUSINESS NOT YOURS YOU FREAKIN' PESSIMIST AND SKEPTIC.

I AM GOING TO WRITE ABOUT OTHER COUNTRIES. IF I WANT INFO ABOUT GREENLAND THAT IS MY BUSINESS.

AND STOP TRYING TO TELL ME HOW TO WRITE MY COMIC BOOK - THIS IS MY VISION NOT YOURS.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 07:12 am
@saab,
saab wrote:

Greenland has relatively low violent-crime rates. Muggings, sexual assault, and racially motivated violence are rare. However, there has been a recent increase in violence between outlaw motorcycle gangs and immigrant gangs, which is spreading in some neighborhoods in Copenhagen.
That is really not what you want - gangs in Copenhagen.

Look at this picture and you can see there is not much of street gangs on Greenland.
http://d2d665fk1gw9oe.cloudfront.net/64/f6/i30668388._szw530h275_.jpg

Why wouldn't I? Those are STILL GANGS. There MIGHT be some STREET gangs in Greenland that you are not familiar with - that DOESN'T MEAN they don't exist. I can ask some GREENLANDERS about this.

Is Copenhagen in Greenland?
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 07:33 am
@MontereyJack,
DO NOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 07:47 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:
Is Copenhagen in Greenland?

Ah-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . .
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 08:39 am
JGoldman says:
Quote:
I AM GOING TO WRITE ABOUT OTHER COUNTRIES

No, you're not. You're going to "research" other countries for years until you run out of countries. Then you're going to find some other way to waste your time instead of actually wwriting something. Stop wasting bandwidth.

No. Copenhagen is not in Greenland. Copenhagen is in Denmark. The gangs in Saab's quote are in Denmark. And before you ask, Denmark is not in Greenland.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 09:24 am
Greenland is PART OF DENMARK. I'll find some Danish forums to go to.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 09:26 am
@MontereyJack,
NO, I AM GOING TO FINISH MY RESEARCH FIRSTAND THEN I WILL WRITE MY COMICS. BUG OFF.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 09:29 am
Research.. I suggest you consult a map before other forums.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 09:31 am
When people write and make animated films or comics or cartoons on TV they do some RESEARCH first- they don't just THROW SOME SLOP TOGETHER AND CALL THAT A FINISHED PRODUCT.
Setanta

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 10:08 am
@JGoldman10,
Oh yeah . . . like Top Cat . . . now there was a monument to carerful research . . .
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 10:31 am
@Setanta,
My comic is CATILLAC CATS MEETS STREETFIGHTER. Don't insult my comics DOG BOY.

You are talking about a somewhat cheesy HANNA BARBERA TV cartoon from the '60s.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 10:34 am
The wise and most sensible thing to do is to COMPRISE a list of ALL the countries I want to write about, that is, ALL the countires I want to make stories about in my comics and do as much research on them as I can at the same time, as opposed to piece-mealing this research, one country at a time.

There's over 160 countries in the world.

I was elsewhere asking people what types of villains my heroes can fight when they visit OTHER countries.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 11:38 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

The wise and most sensible thing to do

is actually try drawing one comic. That will never happen, you will still be 'researching' the day you die.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 12:01 pm
@izzythepush,
I DID draw some - it was TWO PRELIMINARY CRAPPY STORIES I had copyrighted so I could protect my characters and that I tired to solicit to a MAJOR comic book publisher. I am doing them over.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 12:08 pm
@JGoldman10,
Why don't you post just one picture?
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 12:39 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I DID draw some - it was TWO PRELIMINARY CRAPPY STORIES I had copyrighted so I could protect my characters and that I tried to solicit them to a MAJOR comic book publisher. I am doing them over.

FIXED.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 12:39 pm
@izzythepush,
Really? You are interested in looking at my characters?