Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,483 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 09:18 pm
Algis- What IS that, in the background?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 09:36 pm
Phoenix,I believe I remember having been told those are the remains of ancient coral formations, from a time when the oceans were much higher. I saw them nearly 40 years ago, and at the time, sightseeing was a minor consideration. I have more vivid memories of a rather different Thailand, centering primarily on the Uta Pao District of Bangkok. I was much younger then, and had other priorities.

timber
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 09:54 pm
Yeap, thats just an amazing island sitting there in the bay.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 09:55 pm
It looks like a monster head, made of chocolate. It is amazing!
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 10:12 pm
Good Evening Phoenix,

Yes, I put some digital plastic wrap on it. I was playing Christo with the computer. Both the original and this are visually the same except for the glob. What's interesting is that when applied, to images, they reveal things not seen in the original graphic. This is similar to the techniques they use to reveal other information from flat and still photographs. Sometimes one can strip down the photographs to their extreme basic color components and see amazing other details not readily apparent in the original.
I hope, in some cases that a face or something unexpected forms that creates a life for itself , in the final distorted algorithum that unfolds from the computers clutches.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2002 10:17 pm
Phoenix,

If you like this sort of thing see "Stone Faced Sober" again. There in some of those pictures, are other sprits. Hint: The first in the series has one in the upper left. When you tweak these images to their extreme, sometimes these added sprits are a little more visual. These in the show are straight unmanipulated images.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2002 08:17 pm
Algis, have you tried to 'manipulate' them? Because in the unadulterated state they already reveal so much it might be totally amazing what could be seen (but on the other hand, perhaps it is better to leave them as is).
0 Replies