Football (not soccer)

ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2013 09:04 am
@Region Philbis,
Now I can't find that article to see if it included gm's in the average firings per year. I am guessing it was coaches.

Almost-consensus seems to be disbelief that Lovie Smith was canned.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 12:04 pm
Quote:
Ray Lewis: My Last Ride

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis announced Wednesday that he will retire at the end of this season,
closing one of the greatest careers in NFL history.

Lewis told the team that "this will be my last ride."

Lewis says "it is time for me to create a new legacy" after 17 NFL seasons.

He's not ready to say if he's going to be healthy enough to play for the first time since tearing his triceps
two months ago when the Ravens play host to the Colts in Sunday's wild-card game. All he said was that he's
on the active roster.

Sunday will likely be Lewis' final game in Baltimore.

He returned to practice on Dec. 5, and in order for him to be eligible for the playoffs, the Ravens added him
to the active roster later in the month.
(espn)
Ragman

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2013 12:41 pm
@Region Philbis,
One of a kind!
Old school - he's no fool!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 10:42 am
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
Quote:
'zona to fire head coach + GM.
Not a fan of the move. GM should go, without a doubt. They kept Ray Horton, the D Coordinator, and the rumor is he'll be offered the head job. Maybe we'll pick up Norv as O Coordinator.
it's lookin' an awful like the new KC HC will be Andy Reid, and Norv may end up as OC of the NYJ...
Ragman

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2013 12:02 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
it's lookin' an awful like the new KC HC will be Andy Reid, and Norv may end up as OC of the NYJ

Awful is right!

If that is the case then my prediction is that for both teams it'll be status quo. Neither team has a decent first-string QB nor enough defensive talent to go around to make the playoffs or even go 8-8. On top of that the current crop of potential new QBs do/does not even remotely resemble the quality of the one from last year. Drafting a difference-making QB from this year's crop won't help either of these 2 team's chances.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 01:12 pm
@Ragman,

reid in, GM pioli out...
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 01:47 pm
@Region Philbis,
I didn't want Reid here any way ... nor do I want Haley back. What's wrong with Ray Horton? I'd take Lovie also.
djjd62

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 01:57 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:
I'd take Lovie also.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dc/Lovey_Howell.jpg
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 02:15 pm
@djjd62,
I'm glad to see you participate in our football discussion, dj!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 11:20 am

Jags have fired HC mularkey...
Ragman

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 11:50 am
@Region Philbis,
Oh? Are they an NFL team or Arena football?

Then they need to solve their QB problem. Oh yeah, that's when they do a Tebo. Nice!
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 04:02 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
they do a Tebo
jag's GM denies it...
Ragman

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2013 06:42 pm
@Region Philbis,
Tebo on the shelf? Oh, how the already-humble fall and tumble!

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2013 01:25 pm
@Ragman,

ex-jets coach westhoff on handling of tebow this season: "It was a mess"...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 02:48 pm
Quote:
Raiders trade Carson Palmer to Cardinals ...

Yay? (Is he the next Kurt Warner?)

Pardon me, but does anyone have a spare O-line hanging around we can use next season?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 12:39 pm

... why, Rex, why???

Quote:
He’s known for being full of bull, but there was nothing phony about Rex Ryan running with the bulls in Spain.

The Jets’ coach got a jump on training camp by hoofing it for his life at the famed man-vs.-beast challenge in Pamplona.

The Jets confirmed Monday that Ryan participated in the death-defying act not just once, but twice.

“Rex ran on Sunday and Monday, and was uninjured after running both races,” a team official said.
(read more)

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x336/RegionPhilbis/RexRyan-Pamplona_zpse84cae88.jpg
Ticomaya

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 07:13 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
“Rex ran on Sunday and Monday, and was uninjured after running both races,” a team official said.

Methinks Rex was safe because he was nowhere NEAR the actual bulls. Like, as far away as you can be from the bulls and still be considered to have "run" with them.

Photoshopped!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2013 12:43 pm
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 08:00 am
When are these players going to learn to hold on to the ball when they score a touchdown. Barry Sanders always found the closest official and tossed him the ball. Larry Fitzgerald does the same thing. Hall of Famers, both of them. If you want to look like a putz, by all means, drop the ball before you score.

SMH.

http://i.imgur.com/DFFymPs.gif
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 11:54 am

in an otherwise boring game in the rain last night, this kid made an amazing grab -- but they ruled it incomplete after a review...

0 Replies