How do you make inter-special relationships work in a cartoon/comic?

MonaLeeza

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 09:14 pm
@JGoldman10,
Seriously, I'd skip 'Mountahound'....
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 09:31 pm
@MonaLeeza,
Those are Italian names so I need to come up Italian cat and dog puns, i.e., use Italian cat and dog terms to create the name puns.
MonaLeeza

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 12:19 am
@JGoldman10,
Yes, I understood that. But don't you think 'mount a hound' sounds a little bit like dogs mating?
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 01:28 am
@MonaLeeza,
I got the name wrong - it's Montague.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 02:17 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I got the name wrong - it's Montague.

I don't think that argument will stand up in court.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 03:03 am
@MonaLeeza,
MonaLeeza wrote:

Yes, I understood that. But don't you think 'mount a hound' sounds a little bit like dogs mating?
Did you not get the memo? Jgoldman10 does not want to talk about sex, it is not Christian.
0 Replies

Johnspartan1981

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2021 11:28 pm
Anthros, Xenos, mutants, androids/cyborgs and magical creature folk are people who are different and Jgoldman10 is an ignorant person.

https://www.deviantart.com/hattonslayden/art/another-pallet-cleanser-516099339?comment=1%3A516099339%3A4526142190
here's an example of Hatton Slayden's artworks who does both SFW and NSFW fantasy/Sci-fi artworks of worlds even human men having affairs with anthro women and xeno women. I think it's beautiful artworks he does.

And how about this family from Bojack Horseman of a human man and deer woman and this dog-man and human woman couple?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z7A9FQGeVw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8KOp1-XBMc

And how do you feel in live action with interspecies relationships like this?
Vastra and Jenny on Doctor Who
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUFc2VJT8Bw&t=28s

Or this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeUhrLoMIYo
The 1987 to 1990 Beauty and the Beast series.

or this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iTOrQk-ciI
The Shape of water?

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2021 01:08 am
@Johnspartan1981,
How am I ignorant? I am a Christian.

It's accepted when non-human characters of varying species having relationships with each other, but when HUMANS are involved, that's when you start delving into weird territory.

Aren't human and non-human relationships considered bestial, or fringe on being bestial?

I remember the TMNT had a thing for April O'Neil in the original TV cartoon series from the '80s.
I remember Howard the Duck had a human girlfriend.
More famously than that, Roger Rabbit was married to a cartoon woman.
In the original Animaniacs TV cartoon series from the '90s, human and non-human characters pined after Minerva Mink. The Warner Brothers pined after Hello Nurse and other human women, and their sister Dot pined after human men.

I can recall in old Hollywood cartoons, anthropomorphic characters were pining after human women- Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Donald Duck and his Latin bird friends, Woody Woodpecker, and the Wolf from the MGM cartoons all did this.

Even in other '80s and '90s TV cartoons and in more recent TV cartoons, anthropomorphic characters pined after human women.

In one episode from the Looney Tunes Show from about a decade ago, Bugs and Daffy were pining after Starlett Johansson and competing for her attention.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2021 01:29 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

It's accepted when non-human characters of varying species are having relationships with each other, but when HUMANS are involved, that's when you start delving into weird territory.

Aren't human and non-human relationships considered bestial, or fringe on being bestial?

I remember the TMNT had a thing for April O'Neil in the original TV cartoon series from the '80s.
I remember Howard the Duck had a human girlfriend.
More famously than that, Roger Rabbit was married to a cartoon woman.
In the original Animaniacs TV cartoon series from the '90s, human and non-human characters pined after Minerva Mink. The Warner Brothers pined after Hello Nurse and other human women, and their sister Dot pined after human men.

I can recall in old Hollywood cartoons, anthropomorphic characters were pining after human women- Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Donald Duck and his Latin bird friends, Woody Woodpecker, and the Wolf from the MGM cartoons all did this.

Even in other '80s and '90s TV cartoons and in more recent TV cartoons, anthropomorphic characters pined after human women.

In one episode from the Looney Tunes Show from about a decade ago, Bugs and Daffy were pining after Starlett Johansson and competing for her attention.

-FIXED.
neptuneblue

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2021 01:38 am
@JGoldman10,
Do you not fully understand the work of fiction vs non-fiction?

Do you need that explained to you?
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2021 01:51 am
@neptuneblue,
Yes to your first question. You didn't answer the question:

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2021 04:23 am
@neptuneblue,
I don't see how a human "making love" to some anthro creature is any different than doing that with a real animal. That's bestiality.
cherrie

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2021 06:06 am
@JGoldman10,
You're talking about cartoons.

They're just drawings.

They aren't real people or real animals.

neptuneblue

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2021 06:54 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

JGoldman10 wrote:
I don't see how a human "making love" to some anthro creature is any different than doing that with a real animal. That's bestiality.

I know I'll regret responding to such farcical and discriminatory statements but here it goes:

When someone says they "love" pizza, in your mind does that mean they want to copulate with it? I am a cat "lover," I have two of those furry, funny and fantastic things. Does that mean I want to "make love" to them? The answer to both questions is, no. I can go on forever about the things/people I love but don't copulate with.

That's because there is enough humanistic characteristics in the alien persona that transcends into the human emotion of Love. It's a rare and complicated and wonderful yet excruciatingly painful emotion.

Try it some time, maybe it will cause you to smile more. Because nobody likes a man who doesn't smile.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2021 06:58 am
@JGoldman10,
It’s possible, actually quite normal, to have a pet and not have sex with it.

What is it with you and bizarre sex, first fart fetishism and now dog shagging?

You need to see someone about this because it’s not healthy.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2021 03:58 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:

That statement alone shows your ignorance. Christians are not immune to being ignoramuses.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2021 05:08 am
@izzythepush,
I don't have a fart fetish.

I was talking about human characters having intimate and/or sexual relations with non-human ones.

Did you ever watch the original Howard the Duck movie? Howard almost has sex with his human girlfriend Beverly in one scene.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2021 05:11 am
@cherrie,
cherrie wrote:

You're talking about cartoons.

They're just drawings.

They aren't real people or real animals.

It's the principle of the thing.

I remember in Who Framed Roger Rabbit Jessica Rabbit boasted about how great a lover Roger was. It was inferred they had sexual relations with each other. Jessica is a cartoon woman, not a cartoon rabbit.

Assuming they could procreate with each other, no one wants to think about what their potential kids would look like.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2021 05:19 am
People are getting off-topic. Bestiality is NOT what this topic is about.

In some cartoons you have two non-human characters that are different species, who get married and produce offspring.

In some cartoons the kids are half one species and half the other.

In others half of the kids are one species and the other half the other.

How do you decide what should work?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2021 05:46 am
@JGoldman10,
I heard it was terrible.

You made this thread about bestiality.

When Bugs Bunny dresses up as a woman most people don’t find it attractive.

When WB characters are making gooey eyes at celebrities they are reflecting popular attitudes towards said celebrities, not making it about bestiality.

Why do you care anyway, didn’t your mother tell you talking animals are Satanic?