Terror in Norway: Shootout, bomb explosions kill 11

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:44 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
What the Norwegian govt is claiming happened i.e. one guy to do that much killing on that island with just a submachinegun is vanishingly close to impossible, and I assume they're lying.

That's an interesting statement.

There were a coupple of locals as well as holiday-makers helping to save those children.
I've listened to a German and some Norwegians who saved some dozens - are you implying that they all are lying?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:45 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

That isn't much of a plan for killing 90 people; you'd think they'd figure it out after he killed two or three that way...

You should listen or read what they testified before you make such stupi comments!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:45 pm
@LionTamerX,
Quote:
And why do you seem so comfortable defending terrorism
I am not defending it but terrorism is to be expected when you combine collective moral decline with politcal systems that dont work. This also is to be expected according to Fraud who said that that which is suppresed/oppressed can always be expected to erupt unexpectedly and dangerously.
LionTamerX

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Quote:

And why do you seem so comfortable defending terrorism

I am not defending it but terrorism is to be expected when you combine collective moral decline with politcal systems that dont work. This also is to be expected according to Fraud who said that that which is suppresed/oppressed can always be expected to erupt unexpectedly and dangerously.

You just basically summarised what Bin Laden said about 9/11.

Congratulations.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:07 pm
@LionTamerX,
Quote:
You just basically summarised what Bin Laden said about 9/11
are you under the impression that because Bin Laden said it it must be wrong?
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
I think that Hawkeye does have a point here!
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:10 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

I think that Hawkeye does have a point here!
I usually do....
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yes you do but is it always a logical point?
LionTamerX

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
The problem is that your intended point, and the actual point are at opposite points of the compass.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:16 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Yes you do but is it always a logical point?
Of course not, humans are both rational and irrational, if I stuck to logic only I would be wrong a lot more often than I am!
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:18 pm
@LionTamerX,
LionTamerX wrote:

The problem is that your intended point, and the actual point are at opposite points of the compass.
That is quite a charge, can you make such an argument and then support it or are drive by's the best you can do?
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:18 pm
@LionTamerX,
Point out precisely what you see wrong about his points when you think that he may be wrong!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
If I stuck to logic only I would be wrong a lot more often than I am!

What if I said logical reasoning instead of just logic?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:23 pm
@Fido,
Irishk wrote:

How awful! What kind of people could get that mad at Norway???

Thoughts are with the victims.
Fido wrote:
My guess is: Right Wingers... They stay mad and get madder...
I find humor in that.

I 'll have to remember that.

David
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:25 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
It does seem to be true from my observation!
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 03:54 pm
@hawkeye10,
The problem with your arguments are that they are de facto saying that terrorism is justifiable and appropriate due to the “moral decline” or “failed political systems” of the targets.
In my world, terrorism is an abomination, whose means are never justified...ever.
Revolution ? Sure. Go ahead and try, if you think your cause is strong enough, but leave the innocent out of it.
This nut job was essentially driven to slaughter nearly 100 innocent people because the white male is rapidly losing his grip as the dominant force in the world, and there ain't a thing you, he, or anyone can do to stop it.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 04:04 pm
@LionTamerX,
Quote:
The problem with your arguments are that they are de facto saying that terrorism is justifiable and appropriate

Is this how Hawkeye10 sees things? If so I would have to agree that it is wrong!
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 04:05 pm
@LionTamerX,
Quote:
The problem with your arguments are that they are de facto saying that terrorism is justifiable and appropriate due to the “moral decline” or “failed political systems” of the targets

"it is to be expected" does not equal "is justified" or "is appropriate" . Evil is to be expected but is evil ever justified or appropriate in your books? What I am saying is that dont go on about how shocked you (the figurative you) are that this happened when it is predictable and when we fed the destructive energy with oppression/suppression.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 04:06 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
The problem with your arguments are that they are de facto saying that terrorism is justifiable and appropriate

Is this how Hawkeye10 sees things? If so I would have to agree that it is wrong!
LionTamerX is rarely correct about anything, if you take his word for anything you are a fool.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 04:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
we fed the destructive energy with oppression/suppression.

Do you think that the shooter was oppressed or suppressed by the people in his country? He may have felt that way because things were not going the way he thought that they should have.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 03:56:32