Terror in Norway: Shootout, bomb explosions kill 11

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 01:03 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

I'll say it again, it really sounds like there had to be more than one guy shooting.

Indeed. Some hundred witnesses must be wrong. And the Norwegian police, well, you told us your opinion about them already ...
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 01:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I am scoring this as 85% probability that this is all about how at least one Norwegian is pissed off that the county has been handed over the the invading Muslim hoard.

I am going to 98%

Quote:
He was a youth and adult member of the conservative Fremskrittspartiet (FrP) or Progress Party, VG newspaper reports, remaining involved until 2007. The party's most prominent manifesto pledge is to minimize immigration.
His membership was confirmed by a senior party member, Jonas Kallmyr, who is quoted by VG as saying that encountering Breivik was "like meeting Hitler before World War II."
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/23/norway.suspect/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
McTag

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 01:13 pm
@hawkeye10,

horde.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 01:14 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

horde.
What can I say, I trained as an engineer...
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 01:20 pm

It's strange. When islamic militants, who say they want a European caliphate or to advance sharia law in this country want to make the point, as in the London bombings etc, they slaughter innocent people.

And when Christian fundamentalists want to protest about immigration policy and "islamification" of Europe, as in the Norwegian atrocities, they also slaughter innocent people.

It's puzzling.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 01:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
About 24 hours ago Walter Hinteler wrote:
The attacks could have come from the Norwegian right some suggest on Twitter and Norwegian media:
1. due to the success [mistake edited] of the Progress Party, the extrem right has lost its traditional ground and supporters,

The Progress Party is a right-wing populist party.
Bergen paid his last member fees for the Progress Party in 2004.
He was a member of that party's youth organisation until 2007. (Twice in leading functions in the Oslo region, between 2002 and 2004.)

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 01:32 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

About 24 hours ago Walter Hinteler wrote:
The attacks could have come from the Norwegian right some suggest on Twitter and Norwegian media:
1. due to the success [mistake edited] of the Progress Party, the extrem right has lost its traditional ground and supporters,

Are you sure??

Quote:
Media reports say the arrested man expressed sympathies for the Progress Party (FrP), Norway's most right-wing mainstream political party. For many years, the FrP has been steadily growing in popularity at the expense of the left-leaning Labour Party and the more moderate Conservative Party, although it is yet to win an election.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14260743
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 01:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Are you sure??

Yes.

Quote:
Media reports say the arrested man expressed sympathies for the Progress Party (FrP), Norway's most right-wing mainstream political party. For many years, the FrP has been steadily growing in popularity at the expense of the left-leaning Labour Party and the more moderate Conservative Party, although it is yet to win an election.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14260743
[/quote]

Well, I've got my informations from Norwegian sources. And they were confirmed by various officials of the Progress Party in several statemants in in tv.

Breiviks data:
Quote:

Behring Breivik har flagget sine holdninger og politiske meninger både på nettet og i den mer ordinære politikken i de senere år. Han meldte seg inn i Frp i 1999 og betalte sin siste kontingent for året 2004.

Han var medlem av lokallaget på St. Hanshaugen i Oslo i perioden 2001–2003 og en kort periode i lokallaget på Frogner i Oslo i 2003. I 2006 ble han fjernet fra registrene, skriver Aftenposten.
Han var dessuten engasjert i Fremskrittspartiets Ungdom (FpU) fra 1997 til 2007. Han meldte seg aktivt ut i 2007.
I FpU hadde Anders Behring Breivik to verv, det første som formann i Oslo Vest fra januar 2002 til oktober 2002, det andre som styremedlem samme sted fra oktober 2002 til november 2004.
LionTamerX

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 01:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
From the alleged killers' extremely chilling, detailed manifesto:

Quote:
"We, the European Revolutionary Conservatives know very well that it will take many years, even decades before we successfully manage to consolidate to a degree where we can seize political and military power in the first Western European country. In the US, the Tea party movement is one of the first physical, political manifestations which indicate that there is a great storm coming. The creation of similar conservative organizations, even the creation of revolutionary conservative movements such as the Knights Templar is just another manifestation that real resistance to the EUSSR/US cultural Marxist/multiculturalist hegemony is about to materialize. The cultural Marxists are losing their momentum to our advantage."

Page 1,228
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 01:59 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
This is what happens when we have absolutist thinking! {beliefs} A type of I am right and you are wrong mentality.

It seems as the shooter pointed this out when he said that 1 person with a {belief] is equal to 100,000 with an interest. He seems to have the idea that he is better than others because of what he believes in!

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:02 pm
@LionTamerX,
All of Europe is turning hard to the Right, which so far the Primary EU leadership is ignoring, they are continuing on with the rather radical leftist agenda as if they have not lost their mandate to run Europe on leftist terms. I see more violent eruptions such as this attack if the EU continues to ignore the people. It is not only the Economic mismanagement that threatens the existence of the EU, it is also revolt fed by political mismanagement that might be the undoing of several decades of hard work.
LionTamerX

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
You just don't seem to get it, do you ?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:11 pm
@LionTamerX,
LionTamerX wrote:

You just don't seem to get it, do you ?
You are consistently proven wrong, but if you have a belief that you think you can successfully argue the first step would be for you to name the point. THEN you can claim that I am wrong after I disagree with you....

Do you see how this works now?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:16 pm
@LionTamerX,
From the Progress Party's (English version) website
Quote:
The suspect was a member of the Progress Party Youth from
1997 to 2006/2007. He paid his last membership fee in 2006, and deleted his
membership in 2007. In this period he had two positions of trust, as deputy
leader of the local chapter Oslo West Progress Party Youth from January 2002
until October 2002, and as a board member in the same local party chapter from
October 2002 until November 2004.

- It makes me feel extra sad to know that this person once
was a member in our party, says Jensen.

Those who knew the suspect when he was a member of the
party says that he seemed like a modest person that seldom engaged himself in
the political discussions. After a while he became inactive, before he stopped
paying his membership fee and in the end deleted his membership.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:28 pm
@parados,
Quote:
They were on a small island with no escape.

The island appears small but not that small and there are lots of trees and wooded areas for people to hide if they want to. What the Norwegian govt is claiming happened i.e. one guy to do that much killing on that island with just a submachinegun is vanishingly close to impossible, and I assume they're lying.
LionTamerX

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:29 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
More of his manifesto:

Quote:
5. Hide a knife behind a smile

Charm and ingratiate yourself to your enemy. When you have gained his trust, move against him in secret.

Usage: For assassinations or for intelligence gathering prior to a mission. Infiltration of enemy organisations might prove an easy way to get close to otherwise impossible targets (prime minister or ministers) or to learn their programme. Getting a job at the youth camp connected to the largest political party is one way of doing this. The prime minister usually visits during summer season. Infiltration can take as long as 24 months.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:35 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
The shooter said that he was a European Revolutionary Conservative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutionary_Conservative_Caucus
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
You are consistently proven wrong,

I've not been proven wrong even once.

And why do you seem so comfortable defending terrorism ?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:36 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
I can't believe those kids would have just stood there while that was going on.

a few of the radio interviews I heard this morning with young people who had been on the scene revealed that some of the youngsters thought that he was from the police - there to help them - and moved toward him

as his manifesto shows, he'd certainly planned to spend some time infiltrating the group - he would likely not have been perceived as a dangerous stranger
gungasnake

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:41 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
a few of the radio interviews I heard this morning with young people who had been on the scene revealed that some of the youngsters thought that he was from the police - there to help them - and moved toward him

That isn't much of a plan for killing 90 people; you'd think they'd figure it out after he killed two or three that way...

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:46:37