Are atheists being more illogical than agnostics?

carnaticmystery

Mon 20 Jan, 2014 09:19 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Remember that "levels" is just another empty concept.

you remember that all concepts are only empty ULTIMATELY, but their apparent conceptual existence is as real as the word real can possibly be.
Quote:
So the idea that there is not only a duality but a PLURALITY of levels rich with all sorts of truths is just another empty concept.

yes. duality leads to plurality, and ultimately, it all leads back to emptiness from whence it came. so what?
Quote:
Plus it contradicts your "non-duality" motto.

there is no contradiction whatsoever. as i said. there is non duality, ultimately. then there is duality, plurality, and whatever other ality you want. all comes and from and ends as non duality.

Quote:
Proving you wrong is so easy it gets boring...

i agree. proving anyone wrong about anything is infinitely always easy, there are infinite possible perspectives. but i agree, you are boring.
Olivier5

Mon 20 Jan, 2014 09:23 am
@carnaticmystery,
Or so you think when you have a little too much chars... Alright, enough time wasted on you. Go get lost in your contradictions.
carnaticmystery

Mon 20 Jan, 2014 09:27 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Really difficult for you to acknowledge you are being absurd, isn't it, CM?

really difficult for you to face absurdity rather than run from it, isn't it frank?
Quote:
It is absurd on its face, CM. It makes no sense...and the only reason you continue to spew it apparently is because this religion your are trying to build requires it. Sorta like needing a son sacrificed in order to forgive the easily forgivable...if you get my meaning.

wrong. the statement 'the ultimate truth is there is no ultimate truth' is not all that absurd at all. the only absurdity is the single, obvious paradox in it. you are just choosing to stop there and say it makes no sense.

i am building no religion, nor does anything i say require anything.

Quote:
a pure intellect will NEVER ever say it doesn't know, it will find out. plain and simple. argue away dumb ****.

Quote:
That does not make any sense at all. But I guess it provided a vehicle for you to use "dumbfuck" a couple more times.

it makes PERFECT sense. lol. what about that makes no sense? a pure intellect will continuously seek to find out, never stopping at i don't know. i am certain everyone on this board would agree with that statement, except you.

Quote:
I am trying to figure how you consider what you are doing as productive...as headed in the direction you are pretending you are headed.

i consider these discussions productive because i learn more about other people and how their minds work. that direction has been openly stated many times right from the start of the thread by me. it is an all inclusive discussion on ultimate reality/truth and whatever else.
Quote:

So...you want me to take lessons from you about how to be reasonable and intellectual in a discussion of this type.

umm. no. don't particularly care what you do. but my lessons are always available for you.

carnaticmystery

Mon 20 Jan, 2014 09:29 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Or so you think when you have a little too much chars... Alright, enough time wasted on you. Go get lost in your contradictions.

never tried charas actually (if thats what you refer to), although that would be interesting. but no, i am not lost in any contradictions, i am beyond them, and not intimidated by them, unlike you.
Frank Apisa

Mon 20 Jan, 2014 09:42 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:
Remember that "levels" is just another empty concept.

you remember that all concepts are only empty ULTIMATELY...

And this HAS TO BE ACCEPTED because it says so in the Bible of your religion, CM????

Stop digging.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 20 Jan, 2014 09:48 am
@carnaticmystery,
carnaticmystery wrote:

Quote:
Really difficult for you to acknowledge you are being absurd, isn't it, CM?

really difficult for you to face absurdity rather than run from it, isn't it frank?

I face absurdity all the time...stare it straight in the face...every time I read one of your posts, CM.

Why not give it up...and stop digging?

Quote:

Quote:
It is absurd on its face, CM. It makes no sense...and the only reason you continue to spew it apparently is because this religion your are trying to build requires it. Sorta like needing a son sacrificed in order to forgive the easily forgivable...if you get my meaning.

wrong. the statement 'the ultimate truth is there is no ultimate truth' is not all that absurd at all. the only absurdity is the single, obvious paradox in it. you are just choosing to stop there and say it makes no sense.

The entire thing is absurd, CM. Face up to it.

Quote:
i am building no religion, nor does anything i say require anything.

Actually...you don't want to acknowledge that is essentially what you are doing, but you are.

Quote:
Quote:
a pure intellect will NEVER ever say it doesn't know, it will find out. plain and simple. argue away dumb ****.

Quote:
That does not make any sense at all. But I guess it provided a vehicle for you to use "dumbfuck" a couple more times.

it makes PERFECT sense. lol. what about that makes no sense? a pure intellect will continuously seek to find out, never stopping at i don't know. i am certain everyone on this board would agree with that statement, except you.

Continue to dig if you must. But stay away from philosophizing. You are terrible at it.

By the way...what makes you think that I am not searching for things????

Quote:
Quote:
I am trying to figure how you consider what you are doing as productive...as headed in the direction you are pretending you are headed.

i consider these discussions productive because i learn more about other people and how their minds work. that direction has been openly stated many times right from the start of the thread by me. it is an all inclusive discussion on ultimate reality/truth and whatever else.

Well...it sounds more like you trying to offer your religion and beliefs as revelations, but maybe the sound of all that constant digging is interfering with your ability to hear.

Quote:
Quote:

So...you want me to take lessons from you about how to be reasonable and intellectual in a discussion of this type.

umm. no. don't particularly care what you do. but my lessons are always available for you.

Sounds to me as though that is what you are saying...but you apparently are not ethical enough even to acknowledge that.

C'mon. Get with the program.

Isn't this fun. We can do this forever! Wink
igm

Mon 20 Jan, 2014 10:52 am
@carnaticmystery,
I don't agree with how you express all of your relative truths but I agree that it makes relative sense and is definitely far from nonsense (which both Frank and Oli seem to believe it is) and on the subject of non-duality, I can hardly find anything to disagree with, in relation to your choice of how to explain it using the tools of conventional/relative truth.... which of course are the only tools available.
anonymously99

Mon 20 Jan, 2014 12:27 pm
@igm,
Frank Apisa

Mon 20 Jan, 2014 12:30 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:

I don't agree with how you express all of your relative truths but I agree that it makes relative sense and is definitely far from nonsense (which both Frank and Oli seem to believe it is) and on the subject of non-duality, I can hardly find anything to disagree with, in relation to your choice of how to explain it using the tools of conventional/relative truth.... which of course are the only tools available.

You agree with him because you also want to pretend that you know what the REALITY is.

Hey...two people pretending makes the pretending more palatable. Glad you are going for it.
0 Replies

igm

Mon 20 Jan, 2014 04:15 pm
@anonymously99,
Meditation is the only tool to uncover the ultimate truth... which doesn't mean just sitting in a trance... life is a meditation if you let go into it... without error... no need to just sit, when that which is beyond words and concepts appears... the state free from suffering... even in the midst of so called suffering.
anonymously99

Mon 20 Jan, 2014 04:20 pm
@igm,
One's mindset has a good part in it.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 20 Jan, 2014 06:03 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:

I don't agree with how you express all of your relative truths but I agree that it makes relative sense and is definitely far from nonsense (which both Frank and Oli seem to believe it is)

cm hardly ever explained what he meant by relative truths and all these levels of reality, or levels of consciousness. It's all very vague, conveniently so.

Quote:
on the subject of non-duality, I can hardly find anything to disagree with, in relation to your choice of how to explain it using the tools of conventional/relative truth.... which of course are the only tools available.

The point is: one cannot express something like "non-duality", because to express is to paint a mind's view of something. To REpresent. To picture. To tell. A mind is required to view and tell; and a medium of expression too, different from the thing that is being told or pictured. And here you are deep in dualist territory.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b9/MagrittePipe.jpg
anonymously99

Mon 20 Jan, 2014 07:04 pm
@Olivier5,
It's not that I don't understand but I don't try to want to care to understand.
Olivier5

Mon 20 Jan, 2014 08:30 pm
@anonymously99,
Safe attitude.

The French means: this is not a pipe. Because it's a painting of a pipe. Symbols and things they represent are different. The map is not the territory. And in philosophico-blablah, this platitude is expressed by: "words and other symbols are in a dualist position respective to the stuff they represent."

Dualist as in mind and body. Mind and matter are different.

Anyway, just remember to never smoke a painting.
anonymously99stwin

Mon 20 Jan, 2014 08:47 pm
@Olivier5,
I still don't understand.
Olivier5

Mon 20 Jan, 2014 08:52 pm
@anonymously99stwin,
Hahaha that's ok. I'm just defending plain common sense against a band of jokers who seriously insist they don't actually exist...

What do you care anyway?
anonymously99

Mon 20 Jan, 2014 09:15 pm
@Olivier5,
I don't know. Guess I'm bored. Why does it matter. Socializing. Boredom. Socializing.

You may be arguing with a wall. Or several. Or do you get off to that as well.
Olivier5

Tue 21 Jan, 2014 01:12 pm
@anonymously99,
I get bored very easily so I sympathize, and it's true these boards can help kill time. But for their entertainment value to crank in, you have to pretend you care a little more... You're not actively participating in discussions here, as far as I can tell. Wouldn't you rather hang around with pals, or play some game, or perhaps you are bored about that too?

I like breaking through walls... Happens every now and then.
anonymously99

Tue 21 Jan, 2014 01:32 pm
@Olivier5,
Good luck breaking through Fabulini.

What game. What pals. I'm in this thing called life that was greatly affected by this thing called mental situation.

Are you wanting to play with me? Rouse me up? Entice me? Mm. As I think to myself that hot temperature feeling needs to go away.
Olivier5

Tue 21 Jan, 2014 04:21 pm
@anonymously99,
If Fabulini was a wall, he wouldn't be high enough to be worth breaking through.

You have a mental situation bothering you? Which situation is that? I'm one of several self-appointed mental case assistants around here... I charge nothing for the first advice. Wink

0 Replies