Monster movie smackdown: Zombies v. Vampires

Linkat

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 08:42 am
@Linkat,
Vampires also can have some sort of morals whereas zombies are just looking to eat flesh thus they go after their own parents as in the original black and white zombie movie Day of the Dead.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 08:53 am
@Linkat,
If a vampire attacked a zombie and drank it's blood wouldn't it then be a zombie vamipire? Now that would be scary!

Mo thinks ninja zombies would make a cool movie.
Linkat

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 08:55 am
@boomerang,
Yeah but does a zombie have blood? And if it did, would a vampire want to drink the blood of the dead? I'd think they would prefer living fresh blood. In the Anne Rice book, one of the vampires hated the idea of drinking/killing another person so he would go after rats - but the blood wasn't any where near as satisfying.
boomerang

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 09:10 am
@Linkat,
That reminds me of the Christopher Moore vampire books where they have a blood donor friend who supplies them with "food".
sozobe

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 09:13 am
Quote:
Monster movie smackdown: Zombies v. Vampires

I'm not sure I've watched a single zombie or vampire movie (I'm just way way behind on movies, in general), if I have I can't remember. None of the ones mentioned so far anyway.

In general I'm partial to zombies.

But the title seems to have potential. Has there been a zombies vs. vampires movie yet?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 09:15 am
@boomerang,
Have you ever seen "Love at First Bite"? An old comedy where George Hamilton stars as a vampire. There is a scene where he breaks into the hospital and steals all the donated blood so he has a supply to drink.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 11:31 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
for scary movies i prefer psychopaths (devils rejects, saw type things) or unknown monsters (slither, jeepers creepers)

Or Aliens!!! Are you watching Spielberg's Falling Skies?It's on one of the cable channels on Sunday nights, I think (I'm taping the series). Only 4 or so episodes in so far, but I'm bonding with the Skitters lol (6-legged creatures -- tres scary looking)! They invaded earth for our resources and we didn't attack because we thought maybe they came in peace and then they nuked us!!! We won't make THAT mistake again! Smile
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 01:02 pm
Let The Right One In definitely breaks the mold for vampire stories. The Swedish author who wrote the book takes the point of view that vampires have a truly agonizing existence if you follow the classical myth. The romantic view of the Twilight films is unwarranted.

Another movie that breaks the horror mold is a 2009 movie called Grace. It is so intense that audience members were taken away by ambulance when the movie was premiered at the Sundance Film Festival.

In a way Grace combines both vampire and zombie themes. A mother wishes her stillborn baby back to life. Here is the way that IMDB describes the storyline:
Quote:
After losing her unborn child, Madeline Matheson insists on carrying the baby to term. Following the delivery, the child miraculously returns to life with an appetite for human blood. Madeline is faced with a mother's ultimate decision.
Irishk

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 11:19 am
@wandeljw,
The American version, Let Me In, was directed by Matt Reeves, who is rumored to possibly be directing the movie version of Justin Cronin's vampire book, The Passage (can't wait!!!)

Or, it might be directed by Ridley Scott -- who purchased the movie rights after reading just 300 pages or so of the book.

Either way, I hope whoever does it doesn't mess it up! One discription I've read is, "like 28 Days Later on steroids" LOL!

0 Replies