Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,066 • Replies: 16

Chights47

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 02:04 pm
@hamilton,
Yes
hamilton

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 02:09 pm
@Chights47,
for the sake of conversation, i say nay, and why?
Chights47

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 02:51 pm
@hamilton,
Well I say that you're wrong for the explaination that you called your question a "simple question". The only way in which you could really say Nay nay would be if you complicated the question in which was not in the criteria of the original question. So the only way in which you could say nay nay would be to change the question. I'm really just nit-picking with that so I'll just assume that you wish to change the question.

It really depends what the nature of your question branches from, since you've stated this in philosophy, you are wrong. A pot-shot would be that it exist due to the fact that you have addressed it and typed it out. So at least as a word and idea, it exist philosophically and that's really all that's needed to make the point valid.
farmerman

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 02:04 am
@hamilton,
I have, in my pocket, several quarters , dimes and a few nickles. SO yes, change does exist.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 07:26 am
@farmerman,
...yes but given time you always end up spending them... Wink
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 08:17 am
@farmerman,
Brother? Can you spare a dime?
hamilton

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 08:36 am
@Chights47,
bah! word choice...
Chights47

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 08:51 am
@hamilton,
If you would like state a reason in which you think change does not exist then we can start from there instead?
hamilton

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 08:52 am
@Chights47,
ok...
change exists only for a temporary moment, before reverting to the original form. in the long run, change does not exist.
Chights47

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 09:16 am
@hamilton,
Based on your post, you have stated that change does exist, but is just fleeting and not permanent, that's actually a point for the "yes" side.
hamilton

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 12:13 pm
@Chights47,
and half a point for the no side, because it is temporary in itself
Chights47

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 01:20 pm
@hamilton,
How do you justify getting half of a point? The question is whether change exists which is an absolute, the answer will then be either yes or no. So regardless of the time frame in which the change occurs, it still occurs regardless of whether it lasts a fraction of a nanosecond or eons.
hamilton

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 02:28 pm
@Chights47,
if you insist...
1 point.
Chights47

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 02:40 pm
@hamilton,
I actually wasn't insisting, nor do I really don't care about points. I'm just trying to prolong the discussion by shifting the topic. I don't really see anyway to prolong our discussion about change unless you were to state specific examples of things that don't change but I can see that growing old fast.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 04:27 pm
@tsarstepan,
Brother? Can you paradigm?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 04:32 pm
@Chights47,
I would start with Heraclitis...(Re):stepping in the same river twice.
There may be nothing but the Will to Power (Nietzsche) and Change or impermance (Heraclitis and Siddartha Gautama). Everything else is epiphenomenal.
0 Replies