Candy: the new health food?

chai2

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 03:26 pm
@jcboy,
You're just sweet enough by yourself.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 03:32 pm
Moderation schmoderation . . . i'll have a two pound bag of peanut M&Ms, please . . .
chai2

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 04:09 pm
@Setanta,
set on the other hand....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 05:13 pm
@sozobe,
Bingo, in my view.

I was thinking that maybe those who said they never had sweets were dieting, and, as we know, that's often a yoyo thing.

Reminds me of some of the critiques of the studies that say alcohol in moderation is good....a lot of the non drinkers in some of the studies had previously been alcoholics.

That being said, a degree of sugary stuff WAS there in the hunter gatherer diet.....honey was always much prized, people discovered sweet saps when they were available, honey pot ants are still consumed with pleasure by indigenous folk here, fruits.

It all turns into glucose.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 10:18 pm
Both fats and sugars were crucial for our prehistoric ancestors to survive the winter (or dry season). It has been proposed recently that we are evolutionarily wired to crave fats and sugars. Makes sense to me. Can i have a bag of chips to go with those M&Ms, please?
0 Replies

randyjohn

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 08:01 am
@jcboy,
Same here jcboy Smile
0 Replies