Martini’s

jcboy

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 04:47 pm
So I come home from work and the boy I’ve been dating had a Martini waiting for me. It’s a Key Lime Martini and boy is it yummy! What’s your drink of choice?

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae16/Marne444/martini.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 3,303 • Replies: 16
No top replies

mags314772

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 05:06 pm
@jcboy,
at first glance, I read your post as "and boy is he yummy." That martini sounds great, too. My favorite, though is a top shelf gin, kept in the freezer, poured into a chilled martini glass with three huge olives. And I hope he WAS yummy!
jcboy

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 05:18 pm
@mags314772,
Oh honey he is yummie Smile and the Martini isn't bad either.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 07:19 pm
I like a good single malt scotch (oh, Laphroig or Talisker or Macallan) over a few rocks. Fat chance, with the prices.
jcboy

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 07:31 pm
@ossobuco,
Sure sounds good though Jo. I’ve never really liked beer or wine. I would say Vodka is my cocktail of choice.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 08:19 pm
@jcboy,
Well, it's been a long time since the friend who had the great stocked bar used to have us over on a Friday evening before we would hit the chosen Chinese restaurant. We'd watch Washington Week in review, the host having a good bourbon or scotch, my husband having a bourbon, and me, a scotch. He had everything he figured people might like - was a professor who had faculty parties.

A long time gone, I liked Tangeray gin and tonic. Makes me gag at the idea now, not the gin but the tonic. Yaack. I never understood vodka. Do like rum. Haven't had tequila in decades. Also usually no to beer.

Well, that's all very nice.. I'm presently having a strange new drink - Pinot grigio and orange juice with mint leaves on a lot of ice.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 03:12 pm
I should have known better then to have a second one, payed for it today.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 03:18 pm
@jcboy,
Was that a vodka martini? My business partner and husband liked those for celebrations. The odd times I've had vodka I get a sicky feeling fast - not meaning being blotto, just sort of a non pleasant sensation after, say, one. Maybe it was from a given distillery, don't know. Or maybe I needed some olives.
jcboy

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 03:27 pm
@ossobuco,
It sure is, it's Vanilla Vodka, Key Lime Cream Liqueur, squeeze half of a lime and Half n half, shake with ice and Wallah! If you want to be fancy, grind graham crackers and put on the rim of the glass.
kickycan

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 03:29 pm
I always go with a vodka martini (usually Ketel One) on the rocks with an olive. Extra dry. I always get it in a rocks glass because a martini glass is just too damn girly.

0 Replies

barkingmoon21

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 02:13 am
@jcboy,
Wow! I love the Martini Smile
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 08:13 am
Last night after dinner we stopped to have a martini with friends. I had a carrot cake martini. Not bad, a little on the sweet side though.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg96/scaled.php?server=96&filename=photoela.jpg&res=landing
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 09:15 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

It sure is, it's Vanilla Vodka, Key Lime Cream Liqueur, squeeze half of a lime and Half n half, shake with ice and Wallah! If you want to be fancy, grind graham crackers and put on the rim of the glass.
I agree with the Vanilla Vodka.

Courvoisier or Armagnac are other choices of cognac.
Regarding wine: Chateauneuf du Pape.
I used to know a lawyer and judge descended
from and bearing the name of that family of vintners.

I seldom drink at home; don 't think about it much.
Sometimes I drink in restaurants, with friends.

I don't care for beer.
Sometimes I had to drink beer as a kid -- did not like its taste.

David
0 Replies

mackllinvinger

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 06:22 am
why you angry
0 Replies

outgoingpeep

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 07:19 am
@jcboy,
A banana split martini is also good!

http://s3-media2.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/zCV3xM9rRcOn9_9EJG2NSw/l.jpg
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 07:38 am
What's up with calling just about any mixed drink a martini?
To my mind, a matini is gin or vodka with vermouth.

I like a vodka martini, straight up, twist of lemon.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 08:25 am
@jcboy,
My drink of choice was a martini, dry strait up. My variant was the one called a "Gibson" which had two small onions intead of olives.
When I quit drinking the only thing I missed was my Boodles orBeefeater martini very dry.
Its a sippin drink, no apples or limes.
0 Replies