Your Quote of the Day

Ben Smith

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 02:43 pm
@izzythepush,
"If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don't be surly at home,
then go out in the street and start grinning 'Good morning' at total strangers."

Maya Angelou.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:34 am
A tart temper never mellows with age, and a sharp tongue is the only edged tool that grows keener with constant use.
Washington Irving
Ben Smith

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 02:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed"
http://www.great-quotes.com/static/images/authors/182568-small.jpg   Mahatma Gandhi.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 04:32 am
Why shouldn't things be largely absurd, futile, and transitory? They are so, and we are so, and they and we go very well together.
George Santayana
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 08:09 am
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend."
~ Albert Camus
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 10:49 pm
Scrubbing floors and emptying bedpans has as much dignity as the Presidency.
Richard M. Nixon

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 11:05 pm

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 09:38 pm
If you play more than two chords, you're showing off.
Woody Guthrie

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 07:04 am
The elusive nature of love... it can be such a fleeting thing. You see it there and it's just fluttering and it's gone.
Mick Jagger
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 04:39 am
Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
Isaac Asimov
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 09:54 pm
My old drama coach used to say, 'Don't just do something, stand there.' Gary Cooper wasn't afraid to do nothing.
Clint Eastwood

0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 06:05 pm
Finger lickin' good!
~ Col. Sanders
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 06:16 pm
"I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: - 'No good in a bed, but fine against a wall.'" -- Eleanor Roosevelt
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 06:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
Isaac Asimov

That one's signature worthy Sir Edgar. Smile
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 07:05 pm
@tsarstepan,
Isaac was purty clever.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 07:17 pm
I hate a song that makes you think that you are not any good. I hate a song that makes you think that you are just born to lose. Bound to lose. No good to nobody. No good for nothing. Because you are too old or too young or too fat or too slim, too ugly or too this or too that. Songs that run you down or poke fun at you on account of your bad luck or hard traveling. I am out to fight those songs to my very last breath of air and my last drop of blood. I am out to sing songs that will prove to you that this is your world and that if it has hit you pretty hard and knocked you for a dozen loops. No matter what color, what size you are, how you are built. I am out to sing the songs that make you take pride in yourself and in your work. And the songs that I sing are made up for the most part by all sorts of folks just about like you. I could hire out to the other side, the big money side, and get several dollars every week just to quit singing my own kind of songs and to sing the kind that knock you down still farther and the ones that poke fun at you even more and the ones that make you think you've not got any sense at all. But I decided a long time ago that I'd starve to death before I'd sing any such songs as that. The radio waves and your movies and your jukeboxes and your song books are already loaded down and running over with such no good songs as that anyhow.
- Woody Guthrie
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 12:13 am
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 08:38 pm
A narcissist is someone better looking than you are.
Gore Vidal
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2011 04:18 pm
“The moment that I realized my name was going to be said in the same sentence as children and sex, that's really intense. That's something I knew from that very moment, whatever happens past that point, something's out there in the air that is really bad. ”
Paul Reubens

0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2011 10:12 am
Work is the curse of the drinking class.
~ Oscar Wilde
0 Replies