Your Quote of the Day

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2022 05:55 am
"We'd get in the car. I'd look over at John and say, 'Christ. Look at you. You're a bloody phenomenon!' And just laugh - because it was only him." - Ringo
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2022 01:09 pm
We’ve got this perverse situation in which the vast analytic powers of the entire world are being spent trying to understand a guy [Trump] whose thoughts are often just six fireflies beeping randomly in a jar.
-- David Brooks
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2022 08:15 am
“We'd forgive most things if we knew the facts.”
Graham Greene, The Heart of the Matter
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2022 06:30 am
"The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame." -Oscar Wilde
IT'S BANNED BOOKS WEEK. READ A BANNED BOOK TODAY.
Tai Chi

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2022 08:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
If reading books was money
If spinning records was investing
If drinking was consulting
Baby we'd be rich

Old Man Luedecke (Lyrics to Baby We'd Be Rich)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2022 08:23 am
“Movies are a fad. Audiences really want to see live actors on a stage.”
― Charles Chaplin
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2022 05:55 pm
Henry Miller: "You know, Bob Dylan came to my house ten years ago. Joan Baez and her sister brought him and some friends to see me. But Dylan was snooty and arrogant. He was a kid then, of course. And he didn't like me. He thought I was talking down to him, which I wasn't. I was trying to be sociable. But we just couldn't get together. But I know that he is a character, probably a genius, and I really should listen to his work. I'm full of prejudices like everybody else. My kids love him and the Beatles and all the rest."
Bob Dylan: "I like Henry Miller. I think he's the greatest American writer.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2022 02:07 pm
The surest way to work up a crusade in favor of some good cause is to promise people they will have a chance of maltreating someone. To be able to destroy with good conscience, to be able to behave badly and call your bad behavior 'righteous indignation' — this is the height of psychological luxury, the most delicious of moral treats. ~Aldous Huxley
(Book: Crome Yellow
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2022 06:41 am
“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.”
— Aesop
0 Replies

Bubbles66

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2022 07:57 am
"Do not let making a living prevent you from making a life." -John Wooden
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2022 08:36 am
One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back. ~Carl Sagan
0 Replies

Bubbles66

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2022 05:15 am
Never give up hope under any circumstances or situations, no matter how bad it may seem right now, because there is hope, and things will get better if you don't give up.
June Myrick.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2022 09:35 am
"Only those who risk going too far can find out how far they can go." -T. S. Eliot
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2022 01:09 pm
"All over the world the wildlife that I write about is in grave danger. It is being exterminated by what we call the progress of civilization."
~ Gerald Durrell
0 Replies

Bubbles66

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2022 06:31 am
“A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” —Walter Winchell
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2022 09:08 am
“A man deserves a second chance, but keep an eye on him.”
attributed to John Wayne
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 05:40 am
"If all the history you're reading makes you feel warm and cozy and proud, you're not reading history. You're reading propaganda. History should hurt sometimes. Because it's ugly and harsh." @CharmedMagnolia
0 Replies

Bubbles66

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 10:08 am
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
― Oscar Wilde
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2022 10:58 am
Live or die, but don't poison everything.
Saul Bellow
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2022 07:02 am
"A poem cannot stop a bullet. A novel can't defuse a bomb. But we are not helpless. We can sing the truth and name the liars." -Salman Rushdie
0 Replies