https://www.autismspeaks.org/sites/default/files/docs/untitled_design_18.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2017 07:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
I like that. Thanks for sharing it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 04:28 pm
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.
Edward Abbey
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2017 04:59 am
Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum floats to the top.
Edward Abbey
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2017 11:19 am
The missionaries go forth to Christianize the savages -- as if the savages weren't dangerous enough already.

The tragedy of modern war is that the young men die fighting each other -- instead of their real enemies back home in the capitals.

There is science, logic, reason; there is thought verified by experience. And then there is California.

Three more by Edward Abbey
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2017 07:35 am
My favorite piece of information is that Branwell Brontë, brother of Emily and Charlotte, died standing up leaning against a mantelpiece, in order to prove it could be done. This is not quite true, in fact. My absolute favorite piece of information is the fact that young sloths are so inept that they frequently grab their own arms and legs instead of tree limbs, and fall out of trees.
Douglas Adams
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 06:22 am
We never forgive those who make us blush.
Jean-Francois de La Harpe
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 05:25 pm
"I'm sorry but we're intellectual opposites. I'm intellectual and you're opposite." Mae West.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:41 am
The years between fifty and seventy are the hardest. You are always being asked to do things, and yet you are not decrepit enough to turn them down.
T S Eliot
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2017 05:59 am
The job of the writer is to make revolution irresistible.
Toni Cade Bambara
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2017 07:16 am
Madam, I may be President of the United States, but my private life is nobody’s damn business.
Chester A. Arthur
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 06:18 am
“When the rich rob the poor it’s called business. When the poor fight back it’s called violence.” –Mark Twain
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2017 05:45 pm
And she's got brains enough for two, which is the exact quantity the girl who marries you will need.
P G Wodehouse
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 04:02 pm
Richard Burton is now my epitaph, my cross, my title, my image. I have achieved a kind of diabolical fame. It has nothing to do with my talents as an actor. That counts for little now. I am the diabolically famous Richard Burton.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2017 07:32 pm
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
Archibald MacLeish
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2017 11:39 am
A safe but sometimes chilly way of recalling the past is to force open a crammed drawer. If you are searching for anything in particular you don't find it, but something falls out at the back that is often more interesting.
J M Barrie
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 11:59 am
“Neither love nor terror makes one blind: indifference makes one blind.”
―from IF BEALE STREET COULD TALK by James Baldwin
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 07:23 am
Everybody knows there is no fineness or accuracy of suppression; if you hold down one thing, you hold down the adjoining.
Saul Bellow
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 05:31 pm
Daland (Wagner, Flying Dutchman), talking about sailing but easily could have been talking about "renewable energy(TM)":

Quote:
Wer baut auf Wind, baut auf Satan's Erbarmen...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 04:56 am
The Government of the absolute majority instead of the Government of the people is but the Government of the strongest interests; and when not efficiently checked, it is the most tyrannical and oppressive that can be devised.
John C Calhoun
0 Replies