0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2015 04:57 pm
From the Bard (King Lear):

Quote:
KENT

Thou whoreson zed, thou unnecessary letter! My
lord, if you will give me leave, I will tread this unbolted
unbolted villain into mortar and daub the wall of a jakes with him.
‘ Spare my grey beard,’ you wagtail!

CORNWALL

Peace, sirrah! You beastly knave, know you no reverence?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 05:03 am
“Those venerable and feeble persons were always seen by the public in the act of bowing, and were popularly believed, when they had bowed a customer out, still to keep on bowing in the empty office until they bowed another customer in.”
― Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 04:58 am
“The biggest challenge after success is shutting up about it.”
― Criss Jami
FBM

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 06:50 am
@edgarblythe,
I like that one a lot...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 04:56 am
“Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.”
― Ambrose Bierce, The Unabridged Devil's Dictionary
0 Replies

rustem kz

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 09:22 pm
@msolga,
I became a teacher in colledge, and playing football for ten years and more...
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 09:24 pm
@rustem kz,
Where did you attend college?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2015 04:33 am
“The enemy is in front of us, the enemy is behind us, the enemy is to the right and to the left of us. They can't get away this time!”
― Douglas MacArthur
argome321

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 06:00 am
@edgarblythe,
“The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.”
― Marjorie Pay Hinckley
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 09:20 am
“I realized these were all the snapshots which our children would look at someday with wonder, thinking their parents had lived smooth, well-ordered lives and got up in the morning to walk proudly on the sidewalks of life, never dreaming the raggedy madness and riot of our actual lives, our actual night, the hell of it, the senseless emptiness.”
― Jack Kerouac, On the Road
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 04:19 am
“Much in life is simply a matter of perspective. It's not inherently good or
bad, a success or failure; it's how we choose to look at things that makes the difference.”
― David Niven
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 04:49 am
“A tragedy is a tragedy, and at the bottom, all tragedies are stupid. Give me a choice and I'll take A Midsummer Night's Dream over Hamlet every time. Any fool with steady hands and a working set of lungs can build up a house of cards and then blow it down, but it takes a genius to make people laugh.”
― Stephen King
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 04:53 am
“If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all.”
― Michelangelo Buonarroti
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 04:47 am
“My momma always said, 'You and Elvis are pretty good, but y'all ain't no Chuck Berry.”
― Jerry Lee Lewis
argome321

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 12:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
"But if my life is for rent and I don't learn to buy
Well I deserve nothing more than I get
Cos nothing I have is truly mine"

-DIDO
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2015 04:31 am
“All that glisters is not gold;
Often have you heard that told:
Many a man his life hath sold
But my outside to behold:
Gilded tombs do worms enfold.”
― William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 07:56 am
“Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... And could you keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles of your life, your pain would not seem less wondrous than your joy”
― Kahlil Gibran
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2015 09:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
Rifftrax wrote:

If you’d like the experience of seeing [Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)] but prefer not to give any portion of your income to Michael Bay, just have a screaming lunatic beat you into unconsciousness with small engine parts

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/10-Worst-Movies-2014-According-RiffTrax-68782-p9.html
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Apr, 2015 09:39 am
“Living in the midst of a world where there was a plethora of the new I attached myself to the old. In every object there was a minute particle which particularly claimed my attention. I had a microscopic eye for the blemish, for the grain of ugliness which to me constituted the sole beauty of the object. Whatever set the object apart, or made it unserviceable, or gave it a date, attracted and endeared it to me. If this was perverse it was also healthy, considering that I was not destined to belong to this world which was springing up about me. Soon I too would become like these objects which I venerated, a thing apart, a non-useful member of society. I was definitely dated, that was certain. And yet I was able to amuse, to instruct, to nourish. But never to be accepted, in a genuine way. When I wished to, when I had the itch, I could single out any man, in any stratum of society, and make him listen to me. I could hold him spellbound, if I chose, but, like a magician, or a sorcerer, only as long as the spirit was in me. At bottom I sensed in others a distrust, an uneasiness, an antagonism which, because it was instinctive, was irremediable. I should have been a clown; it would have afforded me the widest range of expression. But I underestimated the profession. Had I become a clown, or even a vaudeville entertainer, I would have been famous. People would have appreciated me precisely because they would not have understood; but they would have understood that I was not to be understood. That would have been a relief, to say the least.”
― Henry Miller, Tropic of Capricorn
0 Replies