Your Quote of the Day

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 05:36 am
“The mind once enlightened cannot again become dark.”
― Thomas Paine, A Letter Addressed to the Abbe Raynal on the Affairs of North America
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 06:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
"Eternity is someone reloading the projector for more home movies."

Milton Berle

de ja vu!
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2014 06:47 pm
"One of the attractive things about flowers is their beautiful reserve."
--Henry David Thoreau
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 05:05 am
Each day holds a surprise. But only if we expect it can we see, hear, or feel it when it comes to us. Let's not be afraid to receive each day's surprise, whether it comes to us as sorrow or as joy It will open a new place in our hearts, a place where we can welcome new friends and celebrate more fully our shared humanity.
- Henri Nouwen

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2014 05:25 am
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 05:32 am
“Contrary to what you may assume, I am not a pessimist but an indifferentist- that is, I don't make the mistake of thinking that the... cosmos... gives a damn one way or the the other about the especial wants and ultimate welfare of mosquitoes, rats, lice, dogs, men, horses, pterodactyls, trees, fungi, dodos, or other forms of biological energy.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 05:36 am
“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as savage tribes have left off eating each other when they came in contact with the more civilized.”

― Henry David Thoreau,
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 05:51 am
“One of the greatest problems of history is that the concepts of love and power are usually contrasted as polar opposites. Love is identified with a resignation of power and power with a denial of love. What is needed is a realization that power without love is reckless and abusive and that love without power is sentimental and anemic. Power at its best is love implementing the demands of justice. Justice at its best is love correcting everything that stands against love.”
― Martin Luther King Jr., The Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 03:02 pm
Insight into character comes from listening intently to the spoken word. The physical person, their charisma, charm and dramatic flair is more often used to persuade audiences, as they use these stealth tools of disguise and deception.
- Maximillian Degenerez
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 03:43 pm
@vonny,
A modificaton on Milton Berle's quote.

"I read so much bad things about food and drink, I quit reading."
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 09:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
"If you're going to do something tonight that you'll be sorry for tomorrow morning, sleep late."
-- Henny Youngman
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2014 09:21 pm
Life is like sitting on the toilet taking a ****.

Sometimes when you're going dry, you have to go through pain at first pushing the first heap out.

If you're lucky, water will come up and lube your ass hole, giving you a much smoother ride the rest of the way.

That is life.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 06:49 am
“Americans are getting stronger. Twenty years ago, it took two people to carry ten dollars' worth of groceries. Today, a five-year-old can do it.”
― Henny Youngman
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 08:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
"True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked."

Erich Segal
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2014 08:12 pm
The next time you are eating, imagine yourself kissing someone at the same time. Try not to imagine you kissing them with food in your mouth.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 09:50 am
“The most mentally deranged people are certainly those who see in others indications of insanity they do not notice in themselves.”
― Leo Tolstoy, The Devil
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 01:05 pm
I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.
~ Hunter S. Thompson
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 01:25 pm
When you make up stiff. Don't worry about it. Walk out of that room twice a man.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 01:50 pm
"I never take counsel of my fears."

George Patton

When I travel around the world, that's been my motto. I'm still alive, ain't I?
Went to Egypt a few weeks after the Hatshepsut Temple massacre, and we had the whole place to ourselves. Visited Israel soon after their war with Lebanon, and my family and friends said "are you crazy?"
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2014 02:56 pm
“Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home.”
― Anna Quindlen
0 Replies