Your Quote of the Day

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 05:50 am
“Mort Sahl, while attending a preview of Otto Preminger's film Exodus, stood up and called out, "Otto, let my people go!”
― Mort Sahl
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 02:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

Martin Luther King, Jr.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 08:54 am
Um - - Embarrassed

“[The little black boy] had seen Tarzan bring down a buck, just as Numa, the lion, might have done... Tibo had shuddered at the sight, but he had thrilled, too, and for the first time there entered his dull, Negroid mind a vague desire to emulate his savage foster parent. But Tibo, the little black boy, lacked the divine spark which had permitted Tarzan, the white boy, to benefit by his training in the ways of the fierce jungle. In imagination he was wanting, and imagination is but another name for super-intelligence.

Imagination it is which builds bridges, and cities, and empires. The beasts know it not, the blacks only a little, while to one in a hundred thousand of earth's dominant race it is given as a gift from heaven that man may not perish from the earth.”
― Edgar Rice Burroughs, Jungle Tales of Tarzan (Tarzan, #6)
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 10:36 am
@edgarblythe,
Wow, an ignorant bigot authored some good movies as kids, and it took this long to really see this imbecile for who he really was. Some people have the need to feel superior by their bigoted little brains.
https://www.greenleft.org.au/node/46535
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 11:42 am
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks for that, CI.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 11:46 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Thanks for that, CI.

Ditto
0 Replies

room109

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 01:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
realitly is what ever i say it is, the over seerer
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 01:51 pm
"The fact that people fight for relativity over reality, just shows the idiocy of our species."
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 02:30 pm
"Reality is for people with no imagination."
--Anonymous (seen on a bumper-sticker)
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 03:56 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
"Love is not blind - it sees more, not less. But becaue it sees more, it is willing to see less."

Rabbi Julius Gordon
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 06:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
[The little black boy] had seen Tarzan bring down a buck, just as Numa, the lion, might have done... Tibo had shuddered at the sight, but he had thrilled, too, and for the first time there entered his dull, Negroid mind a vague desire to emulate his savage foster parent. But Tibo, the little black boy, lacked the divine spark which had permitted Tarzan, the white boy, to benefit by his training in the ways of the fierce jungle. In imagination he was wanting, and imagination is but another name for super-intelligence.

Imagination it is which builds bridges, and cities, and empires. The beasts know it not, the blacks only a little, while to one in a hundred thousand of earth's dominant race it is given as a gift from heaven that man may not perish from the earth.

Are you sure Romeo Fabulini didn't write that?

I had told several of you guys I wouldn't post again, but I just couldn't resist the temptation. Dang it! Embarrassed
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 06:20 pm
@wmwcjr,
Hard to understand how whole generations grew up thinking that way.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 08:17 pm
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

I had told several of you guys I wouldn't post again, but I just couldn't resist the temptation. Dang it! Embarrassed

Very happy we could tempt. Stick around, I look forward to your posts.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 09:50 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
From one of my heroes.

"Men wanted for hazardous journey;: small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness - constant danger, safe return doubtful - honor and recognition in case of success."

Ernest Shackleton, advertising his Endurance, South Pole expedition.
It is claimed that over 5,000 replied to this ad.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2014 08:53 am
“The forceps of our minds are clumsy forceps, and crush the truth a little in taking hold of it.”
― H.G. Wells
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 04:49 am
“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”
― Isaac Asimov, Foundation
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 02:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."

James A. Lafond-Lewis
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 05:04 am
“Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 10:43 am
"I have a conscience, although the world gives me no credit for it; I am now repenting, not of the few sins I have committed, but of the many I have not committed."
Byron.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 11:35 am
"I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse."
-- Florence Nightingale
0 Replies