Your Quote of the Day

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 09:12 am
“Eschew surplusage.”
― Mark Twain
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 05:01 am
“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 08:22 am
We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
Orson Welles
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 02:15 pm
“Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can't accept who you are.”
― Turcois Ominek
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 02:16 pm
“If you can’t believe in miracles, then believe in yourself. When you want something bad enough, let that drive push you to make it happen. Sometimes you’ll run into brick walls that are put there to test you. Find a way around them and stay focused on your dream. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.”
― Isabel Lopez
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 04:59 am
“I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.”
― Bill Watterson
spikepipsqueak

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 06:00 am
@edgarblythe,
Edit Value
"Brainwashing people with fundamentalist ideals is a far easier was to generate an army of willing assassins than creating clones." Elizabeth Finkel
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 03:37 pm
Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent.
Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.
Carl Sandburg

0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 21 May, 2014 03:56 am
"I am a strong person, but every now and then I would like someone to take my hand and say – everything will be alright."
- Sharon Kahn
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 May, 2014 04:49 am
“I sometimes look into the face of my dog Stan and see a wistful sadness and existential angst, when all he is actually doing is slowly scanning the ceiling for flies.”
― Merrill Markoe
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 21 May, 2014 12:37 pm
Light, God's eldest daughter, is a principal beauty in a building.
Thomas Fuller
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 04:59 am
“The trouble with being in the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.”
― Lily Tomlin
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 03:50 am

The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity
G B Shaw
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 05:20 am
“Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habit. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.”
― Lao Tzu
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 05:38 am
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 07:40 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 02:37 pm
“When a child first catches adults out -- when it first walks into his grave little head that adults do not always have divine intelligence, that their judgments are not always wise, their thinking true, their sentences just -- his world falls into panic desolation. The gods are fallen and all safety gone. And there is one sure thing about the fall of gods: they do not fall a little; they crash and shatter or sink deeply into green muck. It is a tedious job to build them up again; they never quite shine. And the child's world is never quite whole again. It is an aching kind of growing.”
― John Steinbeck
0 Replies

shumicpi

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 03:08 am
"Nothing goes unpaid"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 07:17 am
“On soft Spring nights I'll stand in the yard under the stars - Something good will come out of all things yet - And it will be golden and eternal just like that - There's no need to say another word.”
― Jack Kerouac, Big Sur
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 02:32 pm
“One small crack does not mean that you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and you didn’t fall apart.”
― Linda Poindexter
0 Replies