Your Quote of the Day

vonny

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 04:05 am
Don’t use words too big for the subject. Don’t say “infinitely” when you mean “very”; otherwise you’ll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite.
- C.S. Lewis
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 05:06 am
“More dangerous than bayonets and cannon are the weapons of the mind.”
― Ludwig von Mises, Liberalism
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 10:56 am
@JTT,
Iraqi blogger Layla Anwar wrote this. Why not say it?
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 12:47 pm
http://www.brainpickings.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/emerson.jpg

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 05:02 am
“What kind of name is Siler-Spence? I mean, what's wrong with these women who use hyphens? What if her name was Skowinski and she married a guy named Levondowski? Would her little liberated soul insist she go through life as F.Gwendolin Skowinski- Levondowski?”
― John Grisham, The Pelican Brief
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 05:38 am
“The cure for anything is salt water - tears, sweat, or the sea.”
― Isak Dinesen, Seven Gothic Tales
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 04:05 am
“Parting is such sweet sorrow that I shall say goodnight till it be morrow.”
― William Shakespeare,
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 07:25 am
“If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.”
― Steven Wright
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 08:56 am
A poor man asked the Buddha, “Why am I so poor?”

The Buddha said, “you do not learn to give.”

So the poor man said, “If I’m not having anything?”

Buddha said: “You have a few things,

The Face, which can give a smile;

Mouth: you can praise or comfort others;

The Heart: it can open up to others;

Eyes: who can look on the other with the eyes of goodness;

Body: which can be used to help others.”

So, actually we are not poor at all, poverty of spirit is the real poverty.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 04:34 am
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oxdG5M5LI48/UbsL_jIPGUI/AAAAAAAAFFk/WnaWiF1qzOs/s1600/fake+friends+quotes.jpg
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 05:40 am
@vonny,
that should be written down somewhere....oh wait....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 06:21 am
“It's no use saying, "We are doing our best." You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.”
― Winston Churchill
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 03:25 pm
“Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer”
― Sun Tzu
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 09:30 am
“Let me say something about that word: miracle. For too long it's been used to characterize things or events that, though pleasant, are entirely normal. Peeping chicks at Easter time, spring generally, a clear sunrise after an overcast week--a miracle, people say, as if they've been educated from greeting cards.”
― Leif Enger, Peace Like a River
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 01:24 pm
“The thing you fail to grasp is that people are not basically good. We are basically selfish. We shove and clamour and cry for adoration, and beat down everyone else to get it. Life is a competition of prattling peacocks enraptured in inane mating rituals. But for all our effacing and self-importance, we are all slaves to what we fear most. You have so very much to learn. Here. Let me teach you.”
― Christopher Nolan
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 01:28 pm
As an example to others, and not that I care for moderation myself, it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep, and never to refrain from smoking when awake.
- Mark Twain
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 04:56 pm
“I believe entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot.”
― Steve Martin
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 05:11 pm
13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.
6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor. Romans

Take that Clive Bundy, american Christian
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 05:13 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Can I get a wo Bundy?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 06:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
huh?