Your Quote of the Day

spendius

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 05:22 am
@edgarblythe,
And as "abroad" cannot be on this earth it must be somewhere else. As a felt thing I mean. Not as a fact. Feelings only become facts when unquestioned.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 04:40 am
“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”
― Winston Churchill
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 04:59 am
The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. ~Samuel Butler, Notebooks
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 01:22 pm
@vonny,
Thanks Vonny. I'm going to use that as my signature for awhile! Very Happy
~~
Leia Jospe @leiaj wrote:
6m

when I die bury me in a delicious Greek salad

Retweeted by Bryan Lee O'Malley

I'm setting that as the singular clause in my Last Will and Testament.
spendius

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 03:16 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
when I die bury me in a delicious Greek salad

If such a choice was available, a Greek salad, delicious or otherwise, would be a long way down my list of what to be buried in.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2013 04:36 am
“Of course you know, this means war.”
Bugs Bunny
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2013 07:39 am
@edgarblythe,
youngpro wrote:

[T]he only thing worse [then being an active redditor at Reddit] is the Wikipedia 'editor', who simply make up 'rules' as an excuse to revert your facts to their 'facts.'

http://gothamist.com/2013/09/10/guy_shamed_for_bad_subway_etiquette.php
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2013 10:30 am
@tsarstepan,
Be happy and healthy. All else will fall into place.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 04:31 am
“You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She's not perfect - you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's not there.”
― Bob Marley
spendius

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 06:36 am
@edgarblythe,
". . . .the British have been tired for more than a century of American boasting."

Professor Richard Hofstadter. 1962.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 12:00 pm
@spendius,
Yeah? We have Sherlock Holmes living in New York. Watson is a rather attractive woman. You can have him back when the studio execs are done with him.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 12:29 pm
All good is hard. All evil is easy. Dying, losing, cheating, and mediocrity is easy. Stay away from easy.
-,Scott Alexander
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 12:31 pm
My uncle's dying wish - he wanted me on his lap. He was in the electric chair.
- Rodney Dangerfield
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 12:33 pm
We are dying from overthinking. We are slowly killing ourselves by thinking about everything. Think. Think. Think. You can never trust the human mind anyway. It's a death trap.
- Anthony Hopkins
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 04:35 am
“Every period of human development has had its own particular type of human conflict---its own variety of problem that, apparently, could be settled only by force. And each time, frustratingly enough, force never really settled the problem. Instead, it persisted through a series of conflicts, then vanished of itself---what's the expression---ah, yes, 'not with a bang, but a whimper,' as the economic and social environment changed. And then, new problems, and a new series of wars.”
― Isaac Asimov, I, Robot
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2013 07:29 am
“People," Geralt turned his head, "like to invent monsters and monstrosities. Then they seem less monstrous themselves. When they get blind-drunk, cheat, steal, beat their wives, starve an old woman, when they kill a trapped fox with an axe or riddle the last existing unicorn with arrows, they like to think that the Bane entering cottages at daybreak is more monstrous than they are. They feel better then. They find it easier to live.”
― Andrzej Sapkowski
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Sep, 2013 12:37 pm
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
― Heraclitus
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Sep, 2013 09:32 am
“All things old become new again. In my youth the athletes had crew cuts and the hippies had long hair. Now the athletes have long hair and the hippies are bald.”
― Harley King
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 04:14 am
I don't consider myself a pessimist. I think of a pessimist as someone who is waiting for it to rain. And I feel soaked to the skin.
Leonard Cohen
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 04:22 am
If you don't get what you want, you suffer; if you get what you don't want, you suffer; even when you get exactly what you want, you still suffer because you can't hold on to it forever.
― Dan Millman
0 Replies