Your Quote of the Day

eurocelticyankee

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 05:43 am
Some day the workers will take possession of your city hall, and when we do, no child will be sacrificed on the altar of profit!
Mother Jones
spendius

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 01:00 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
"Taste in reading does, in fact, serve to differentiate character in the social world of Jane Austen's novels, a world which offers small scope for difference of opinion in any other matter of general concern."

Mary Lascelles.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 02:26 pm
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.
- Cary Grant
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 02:29 pm
http://i.brainyquote.com/photos/j/johnsteinbeck103825.jpg
Kolyo

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 07:24 pm
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Sir Winston Churchill
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 07:27 pm
@vonny,
Are those are trees growing on that rock? That's astounding!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 04:32 am
“Diplomacy is the art of saying ‘nice doggie’ until you can find a rock.”
― Will Rogers
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 08:17 am
"Too much sanity may be madness. And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be.”
― Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote

vonny

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 01:18 pm
There is a great deal of difference between an eager man who wants to read a book and the tired man who wants a book to read.
- Gilbert K. Chesterton
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 02:30 pm
@Debacle,
This one's for you, D:

"Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair."
-- Sam Ewing
vonny

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 02:47 pm
“The strength of a woman is not measured by the impact that all her hardships in life have had on her; but the strength of a woman is measured by the extent of her refusal to allow those hardships to dictate her and who she becomes.”
― C. JoyBell
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 03:56 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
That used to be the case, L.A. But I'm deflated now ... just ears, nose and eyebrows, and the missus sees to them. For $3.oo a month, which she takes out in trade.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 2 Aug, 2013 09:20 pm
@Debacle,
Julien Devereux @jndevereux wrote:
2h
If you time-traveled back to a simpler time, the residents would probably wonder why you hadn't gone back even further, to a simpler time.

Retweeted by Austin Kleon
https://twitter.com/austinkleon
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 02:31 am
At the heart of male bonding is this experience of boys in early puberty: they know they must break free from their mothers and the civilized world of women, but they are not ready yet for the world of men, so they are only at home with other boys, equally outcast, equally frightened, and equally involved in posturing what they believe to be manhood.
- Frank Pittman
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 12:52 pm
“I may not know much, but I know chicken **** from chicken salad.”
― Lyndon B. Johnson
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 01:59 pm
“Don't worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try.”
― Jack Canfield, Chicken Soup for the Soul
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 08:21 pm
"Four-fifths of all our troubles would disappear if we would only sit down and keep still."
~~ Calvin Coolidge
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 10:41 am
@Debacle,
The streets are filled with vipers who've lost all ray of hope
You know it ain't even safe no more in the palace of the Pope
- Bob Dylan
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 10:59 am
“Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. ”
― Pete Seeger
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 11:26 am
“No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does.” ~Christopher Morley
0 Replies