I Need a Googling Expert!

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 08:06 am
A couple of weeks ago I ran across a verse in the bible that stated something like "person of the holy spirit" or something like that. I had written it down but now cannot find it. I was rather surprised it actually said person and that's why I remember it was there. I may be wrong about it being "of the holy spirit" but I do know it was talking about part of the Godhead. I don't remember the exact context of the verse so I cannot google it that way. I don't remember what translation it was either. I was listening to a sermon and heard the verse and looked it up and thought I had bookmarked it. I cannot find it and it's about to drive me crazy so I was wondering if anyone out there might know the verse I'm talking about or might be willing to put your Google expertise to work and help me out? It would be greatly appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 2,919 • Replies: 26
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 08:28 am
@Arella Mae,
I Googled the following based upon the details of your post:

Quote:
bible verse person of the holy spirit Godhead.

Do the same and check out the references.

Here are a couple to get you started:

http://www.montney.com/inspire/trinity.htm

http://preachersfiles.com/who-is-the-holy-spirit/
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 08:38 am
@Butrflynet,
Thank you so much!
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 09:05 am
You can also try...
Quote:
bible verses "person of the spirit" godhead.
By wrapping a phrase in quotation marks, Google will provide some links with that exact phrase along with the other search terms.

(Incidentally, there seems to be quite a lively debate on the subject). Wink
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 09:23 am
@thack45,
Indeed there is a great deal of debate about this and it's why I need to find it. There are many that absolutely will not use the word "person" when referring to the triune Godhead. To my understanding, the Godhead is not comprised of actual "persons" as we understand human beings to be persons and that is a debate all in itself. When debating scripture it's really important to be able to provide proof of your claims and I have to admit I thought I had the proof last night but found out I didn't have it readily available and told the person I was conversing with I would have it tonight. So, I either find it or will have to apologize for not being able to provide it, which I can do without a problem but I'd rather have my proof. Thanx for your help!
manored

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 10:25 am
All bibles in english are translations from the original language, and translations are never 100% accurate and will always involve the personal interpretation of the translator. So I dont see why give so much importance to particular words in the bible when what you are reading is not the original thing.
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 10:29 am
@manored,
If I read a book and I tell someone "it says such and such in that book (any book)" then I need to be able to provide the proof of my claim.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 08:33 pm
@Arella Mae,

I found these first 2 of 15 million by googling advanced search "this exact wording or phrase" holy spirit and "all these words" person, but don't imagine for one scintilla of a moment that god made me do it.

www.theholyspirit.com/holyspiritperson.asp

www.letusreason.org/Trin4.htm
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 09:03 pm
@laughoutlood,
LOL I do appreciate your help. I still haven't found it but I know it is there. I am obviously not remembering the right words.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 09:06 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I ran across a verse in the bible that stated something like "person of the holy spirit" or something like that

which translation of the bible did you find it in - that should help narrow the search considerably
manored

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 10:06 pm
@ehBeth,
If she knew that the search would be over already =)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 08:36 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Arella Mae wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I ran across a verse in the bible that stated something like "person of the holy spirit" or something like that

which translation of the bible did you find it in - that should help narrow the search considerably
ehBeth I wish I knew! This is really irking me because I know there is a verse that says person and is relating to the Godhead in some way. I have searched everything I know how to and looked at every scrap of paper on my desk and in my file cabinet at home thinking maybe I wrote it down but alas no! Sometimes it is really frustrating being a redhead and being stubborn. LOL
manored

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 11:35 am
@Arella Mae,
Did you find the said verse on the internet? If yes, you could try searching your browser's historic. Internet browser's keep a record of all the sites you have visited, in the order you did.
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 11:49 am
@manored,
I honestly couldn't tell you where I found it. I did check my browser history at both home and work and no results there. I know that I had posted the verse in the chatroom one other time but I have no clue when it was and to go through all the archives would take forever. For some reason, I keep thinking I heard it in a sermon and then I looked it up. So, I am going through the sermons I have listened to that are on my computer hoping to run across it. I am probably confused on all of the details and it probably says something totally different than what I thought. LOL. Hmm, I am listening to Thomas a Kempis' Imitation of Christ. I wonder if that is where it was?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 12:00 pm
@Arella Mae,
try this in google

bible + translation + godhead + person

it may be slightly different in google.com v google.ca but there looked to be some references about 5 or 6 entries down the page
Foofie

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 12:39 pm
Possibly Google "bible forum" and you might find a forum that you can join and then get an answer from those that are very well versed in the good book.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2011 12:58 pm
@ehBeth,
I will try that. Thanx. I am not gonna rest until I find this. Silly, huh?

Foofie, thank you. I will try that!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 08:38 am
I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!! My mistake though. It is speaking about the Son and not the Holy Spirit. I was listening to a sermon and he referenced the verse:

Quote:
Hebrews 1: 3 - Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 02:20 am
@Arella Mae,
I wonder whether u might consider
reading the body of literature of people who have returned
from somatic death in hospitals and who describe their experiences concerning your question.

David
izzythepush

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 05:27 am
@Arella Mae,
The phrase 'Holy Spirit' is usually said as 'Holy Ghost' this side of the pond.