GOOGLE BANNER

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 03:41 pm
This may sound like a dumb question but when I logged onto Google this morning, there was a banner of birthday style cakes, etc. I scrolled the mouse over the banner and it said "Happy Birthday Wendy". My question is would someone have done that for me? If not, where's the privacy on our computers for Google to do that and is it on only my computer. Would love to know.
Thanks to anybody who knows the answer to this. :-)

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 04:36 pm
@WendyLou,
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/this-week-in-search-101610.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:%20blogspot/MKuf%20(Official%20Google%20Blog)&utm_content=Google%20Reader

Quote:
A birthday surprise
Because doodles are such a fun part of the search experience, we thought we’d share a fun little way Google will help celebrate your birthday. When you include your date of birth on your Google profile, you may notice a special treat on the Google homepage on your birthday (be sure to sign in). Click on the doodle for another birthday surprise!
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2013 05:11 pm
@WendyLou,
WendyLou wrote:
If not, where's the privacy on our computers for Google to do that

If you chose to tell Google your birthday, you cannot whine that it is "private".
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 09:22 am
@contrex,
The very nature of Google's business model is to learn a great deal about their users. AT this point in their existence, no one should be shocked about or claim ignorance about Google's HIGHLY publicized business practices regarding their using the personal info of their customers.

ME? I personally don't care either way as long as Google keeps running its services free and done well.
0 Replies

kumkum

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2013 01:21 am
@WendyLou,
When we login to our social accounts, google takes our information from there and there is no need of worrying for it. Google's feature call Doodle celebrates birthday of his users.
johncuttsrta

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2013 12:31 am
@kumkum,
Thanks for the information.That is great idea .
0 Replies