8 SHORT BEEPS

gasp

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 07:14 am
Every morning at the exact same time, I hear 8 short beeps. I narrowed it down to a certain corner of the living room but that is the best I can do. I cannot figure out if the beeps are in the wall or not. Because the beeps are very soft and only last 8 seconds each time, it does not give me time enough to find it. Before the beeps start, you can hear something that sounds like a tape rewinding. It is not loud and you have to be right at the corner of the wall to hear it. What could this be?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 2,123 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 07:56 am
@gasp,
Is it a wall that adjoins your kitchen? It's possible that it's a timer of some sort, or some type of clock.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 08:07 am
It sounds like you need one of those bug detection wands that will help you find hidden electronic equipment.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 08:59 am
@gasp,
you'll be happy to know we have all the evidence we need to get a conviction, we'll be removing the listening devices in a few days

better get someone in to look after the cat, you might be going away for a long time
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 10:28 am
@gasp,
If I didn't know better, I'd say it was an older tape answering machine (rewinding an audio tape at the end as it's full). The sound coming from the wall might be misleading or misdirected.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 10:58 am
Do you have any smoke detectors in that area? The smoke detectors in our house are hard wired and have back up batteries in case of power failure.

Every once in awhile one of them will start chirping periodically to indicate a battery needs replacing.

Could also be an old motion detector from an alarm system that is chirping when it detects your motion in the mornings.
0 Replies