Why do atheist try to convert Christians

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 07:01 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
Actually when it comes right down to it, christians convert themselves to atheist because they finally wake up and realize their theology is bullshit.

And what I believe, is this is just a bullshit way of trying to dodge the fact that atheists do try to convert, and is set as a belief, or religion....Just on the opposite side...

Do atheists who convert to theology, then, just wake up and realize atheism is bullshit too, then???
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 07:06 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
What a complete jerk you are. You can't blame this on me. You are the one who was obsessing about her point of view. Then, with her having said she would not tell you, you tried to get me to tell you. That would be betraying at trust. You are always on about character, and your own virtue, yet you expected me to betray a trust? You're not just a jerk, you're a creep.

What is creepy about it all, is that you pointed it out, but refuse to explain why...

Then when Beth and I have discussed it...You seem to be hiding in the bushes...laughing at me, about me....

When the fact of the matter is and has been...The WHOLE reason why it was even thought of and discussed was because of YOU!...and no one else!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 07:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I do not deny there being very educated theist it just seems "less" likely to me for a well educated atheist to become a theist than a theist that gets an education to become become an atheist.

And what Krumple, Art, and You...But you the least of them all...Seem to sum up perfectly is why and how atheists think they are thinking superior...either knowingly or unaware of even doing it....But you guys do it all the time...
Krumple

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 10:18 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
Do atheists who convert to theology, then, just wake up and realize atheism is bullshit too, then???

Atheism can't be bullshit because it doesn't have any dogmas. From my perspective it just means that I am not convinced that here are any gods and haven't ever been. Show me something substantual or shut up basically. Is that so hard to prove? I think it is foolish to adopt something without having something to support it with. Saying you are a believer because it makes you feel good is absurd. Drugs make you feel good, should that be a good enough reason to support drug use? Other than that you have nothing to go on.
Krumple

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 10:20 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
And what Krumple, Art, and You...But you the least of them all...Seem to sum up perfectly is why and how atheists think they are thinking superior...either knowingly or unaware of even doing it....But you guys do it all the time...

The reason you can't understand this is because you have chosen to suspend your ability to use reason and logic. Your theology has built in your mind to toss out this mechinism. The reason it does this is to keep it firmly implanted in your brain or else you would toss it out like the garbage it is.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 10:33 pm
@Krumple,
In all of that, you did not answer my question...

I am not gonna play some silly game, discussing your/my drug use...

Quote:
From my perspective it just means that I am not convinced that here are any gods and haven't ever been. Show me something substantual or shut up basically.

Why don't you show me something substantial, that "shows with evidence" that people who embrace a theism, who become an atheist, just realized they were in fact believing bullshit...

Or show me some "evidence" that people who are in fact theist who then become atheist, means that they were "educating themselves"....

And it will not happen to an atheist, and people would not believe they were truthful if they did the opposite...

And people who are atheist becoming a theist, Not Equal them educating themselves?? Or realize, they were believing bullshit??

If you can!!

There is no such evidence that ever suggest such a thing...

So why would the 3 of you say such a thing? (it is because you "feel" you guys have superior knowledge, which you do not...If you did, you would have realized this, before me explaining it to you)...I thought you guys were hardcore on evidence?

By your statements...It means that you go off that path when you see need be...Not very consistent, and logical to do so...You know, what most of you, go around an tell others, that they are lacking, so much??

So, whether you know this or not, or willingly or unwillingly, you have admitted there is a chance, God is real...

As it requires no proof whatsoever...And when you want to do it...You guys go off that beaten path, and do it...And embrace the "I think this because"...Which is not about proof, but a personal opinion...OR BELIEF....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 10:38 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
The reason you can't understand this is because you have chosen to suspend your ability to use reason and logic. Your theology has built in your mind to toss out this mechinism. The reason it does this is to keep it firmly implanted in your brain or else you would toss it out like the garbage it is.

Nope, The reason, I DO understand this...Is because, there is no such evidence in the globe, or probably anywhere else that would suggest, that a theist disregarding God, is education...And not giving up faith...

And the same reason why an atheist doing it, must mean they were not truthful about it...

And simply can not be educating themselves, or realizing atheism was pure bullshit, they embraced, for personal reasons...And no, saying to me, that it is not possible as atheism, is not a belief, is not an acceptable answer...
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 10:52 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
Why don't you show me something substantial, that "shows with evidence" that people who embrace a theism, who become an atheist, just realized they were in fact believing bullshit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gV6D-mYJWs

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Or show me some "evidence" that people who are in fact theist who then become atheist, means that they were "educating themselves"....

Never said they were educating themselves. More than likily they arn't actually aquiring anything but instead they finally start to analyze their beliefs and their theology in a more rational way and when they do it starts to unravel.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

And it will not happen to an atheist, and people would not believe they were truthful if they did the opposite...

Most atheists that turn theist are convinced by something they didn't actually analyze. More than likily they were already half accepting an idea without considering it.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

And people who are atheist becoming a theist, Not Equal them educating themselves?? Or realize, they were believing bullshit??

Never said educated people can't be theists. However; rarely do they ever analzye their theology or their beliefs. They just let them be seperate to their educated views. If they actually did analzye these views they would more than likely change them.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
There is no such evidence that ever suggest such a thing...

Sure there is, but you want to be in denial of it.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

So why would the 3 of you say such a thing? (it is because you "feel" you guys have superior knowledge, which you do not...If you did, you would have realized this, before me explaining it to you)...I thought you guys were hardcore on evidence?

Na, it always comes back to this superior argument you make even though I have said on many occasions that don't consider myself superior in any way nor is atheism superior. You like this argument beause you always want to be the persecuted victim. Which is another coping mechnism of your theology.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

By your statements...It means that you go off that path when you see need be...Not very consistent, and logical to do so...You know, what most of you, go around an tell others, that they are lacking, so much??

Hey if you were stepping off a curb into oncoming traffic, Id reach out or tell you to stop. It is no different here. Funny how you would think one is perfectly reasonable and the other is rude.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

So, whether you know this or not, or willingly or unwillingly, you have admitted there is a chance, God is real...

Sure there is a chance, but the chances of there not being a god is much greater. In fact there is really no comparison because its 99.999999% likily there is no god and only a 0.000001% chance that there is one. In my opinion of course.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

As it requires no proof whatsoever...And when you want to do it...You guys go off that beaten path, and do it...And embrace the "I think this because"...Which is not about proof, but a personal opinion...OR BELIEF....

There you go again. Funny how you want toss me under the bus where I've already tossed your theology. As if by doing that you are saying, I'm just as guilty or wrong. You don't even realize you are making that argumen when you say things like that.

When I am making statements they are backed up with experiences and conversations I have had with actual theists turned atheists. Not just one or two or three but dozens. When a reoccuring theme pops up you start to see a pattern emerge. This is what science does. I am not saying it is absolute fact, I am saying it is something that can be observed, and varified.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 11:07 pm
@Krumple,
An intellectually honest, and self-honest answer, would have been...

Geez, I had not thought about that, since there is no evidence for it...And (I assume, none of you have ever done it) We fully can not explain it, only give our opinions on the subject...lets see, if we can find some people, who claim to have done both, and ask them what they think, about it...

But you did not do that, all three of you jumped the gun, and gave a superior thinking answer as if you could explain it, which you can not...

I happen to be someone who was an atheist, who converted to Christianity...

I bet, the next things out of your mouth will be, I am not honest, it never happened, Or I somehow am mistaken, right?

That is thinking superior about something you in fact are not, superior in thinking about...

It requires honesty, to fully understand this...

And the acceptance, of some sort of personal opinion, or belief about it, unless you have personally experienced it...
Krumple

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 11:17 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

An intellectually honest, and self-honest answer, would have been...

Geez, I had not thought about that, since there is no evidence for it...And (I assume, none of you have ever done it) We fully can not explain it, only give our opinions on the subject...lets see, if we can find some people, who claim to have done both, and ask them what they think, about it...

But you did not do that, all three of you jumped the gun, and gave a superior thinking answer as if you could explain it, which you can not...

I happen to be someone who was an atheist, who converted to Christianity...

I bet, the next things out of your mouth will be, I am not honest, it never happened, Or I somehow am mistaken, right?

That is thinking superior about something you in fact are not, superior in thinking about...

It requires honesty, to fully understand this...

And the acceptance, of some sort of personal opinion, or belief about it, unless you have personally experienced it...

No but I have heard some of your testemony and well honestly there are perfectly natural explanations for them. You don't need to provoke the supernatural at all to explain them. However; I know your other reasoning is because "atheists are mean" and don't want to associate yourself with them because of that. You always want to play the victim card. Poor you, the christian being persecuted by these mean atheists. Makes you feel important or that you have some cosmic connection to this creator concept in your head.
Ceili

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 11:20 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
How could you have been an atheist when you don't seem to understand the concept?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 11:37 pm
@Krumple,
Are you joking? A youtube video, is not substantial evidence....

Quote:
Never said they were educating themselves. More than likily they arn't actually aquiring anything but instead they finally start to analyze their beliefs and their theology in a more rational way and when they do it starts to unravel.

I could see this as possible...because you embrace atheism, as a belief, or lack of belief...However I disagree with it...The same can not be said about you commenting about an atheist converting to a theism...It takes honesty to realize this...not superior thinking....

Quote:
Most atheists that turn theist are convinced by something they didn't actually analyze. More than likily they were already half accepting an idea without considering it.

How can you "prove this to me"? The honest answer is, I can not...and it is my opinion...It is not a fact...I have opinions and beliefs just like you do, all though I say I do not...I have no idea what a belief is, as I currently do not have one!

Quote:
Never said educated people can't be theists. However; rarely do they ever analzye their theology or their beliefs. They just let them be seperate to their educated views. If they actually did analzye these views they would more than likely change them.

And how can you "prove this for me"? the honest answer is, I can not, as It never happened to me, and I have never asked of one who says it has...

It takes a lot of audacity to "believe" you understand things in which you fully do not...

All you are doing is giving your opinion about it...Which is a form of belief, which again, you reject you have one...

Quote:
Sure there is, but you want to be in denial of it.

I am not in denial about it...SHOW IT TO ME!!! I will watch it! A youtube video is not substantial....It is a website, that is unreliable, because somethings make a lot of sense...Some are completely out there....

You are in denial, because you know you can not "prove it" or show it to me, and it was an ill informed, guesstimate or superior thinking claim, which can not be fully backed up...

Quote:
Na, it always comes back to this superior argument you make even though I have said on many occasions that don't consider myself superior in any way nor is atheism superior. You like this argument beause you always want to be the persecuted victim. Which is another coping mechnism of your theology.

The claim you have made, and are arguing, is a superior thinking claim...It has nothing to do with me thinking I am a victim, or am being persecuted, in fact, I believe, I have opened your eyes to something you were not aware of....

Quote:
Hey if you were stepping off a curb into oncoming traffic, Id reach out or tell you to stop. It is no different here. Funny how you would think one is perfectly reasonable and the other is rude.

OK, so I said it a bit hasty, I am sorry...I do not believe, you guys know the answer to that question, and are just making gross erroneous claims, based upon superior thinking, in which you do, or do not realize you in fact do...But I will keep pointing it out, as it is done so, and needs to be shown...

Was that a better answer?

Quote:
Sure there is a chance, but the chances of there not being a god is much greater. In fact there is really no comparison because its 99.999999% likily there is no god and only a 0.000001% chance that there is one. In my opinion of course.

And that is strictly your opinion...In which I believe the odds are the other way around...I do not believe you are being illogical, irrational, unintelligent etc....But I bet someone on the other side, can not stop themselves from saying such a thing! proves that that .000001% chance is probably right, even if it is that low...Which I do not believe it is...You can not prove a God, and you can not disprove a God...makes it 50/50....And all in your mind as to what you believe is real, once you make the choice, you believe in all of you, you are right...It takes an opinion or belief...

Quote:
There you go again. Funny how you want toss me under the bus where I've already tossed your theology. As if by doing that you are saying, I'm just as guilty or wrong. You don't even realize you are making that argumen when you say things like that.

It is because that is not what I am doing...It takes an opinion or belief, one way or the other...that would suggest a God is right...and there is no reason to question anything else...But you guys insist on trying to validate something that can not be, nor ever will...as faith is not a provable thing...Nor is an opinion, or belief...About theism, atheism...

Your science can say whatever it wants to, and my miracles can say whatever it wants to...At the end of the day, it still takes leap in either direction to be at peace with yourself...theists understand this...Atheists, deny it even exists...

So I will trust theism's, and God...

Not science...and men...

Quote:
When I am making statements they are backed up with experiences and conversations I have had with actual theists turned atheists. Not just one or two or three but dozens. When a reoccuring theme pops up you start to see a pattern emerge. This is what science does. I am not saying it is absolute fact, I am saying it is something that can be observed, and varified.

And can this be applied to seeing theists turned atheist? If it can, is it the same exact thing, as an atheist turned theist? If it is, how it is reputable evidence at all? If it is different, then please explain how it is?? And how that validates science, and atheism, more?

This is another, gross, erroneous, guesstimate...

As anyone can see, logically, it would be the same exact thing from both sides!!

And science means absolutely nothing about it....

Nor, would it do any good, to try to use it, to show otherwise...

And furthermore, How many dozens of people, have you asked this about, BEFORE you made those claims??
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 11:40 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
No but I have heard some of your testemony and well honestly there are perfectly natural explanations for them. You don't need to provoke the supernatural at all to explain them. However; I know your other reasoning is because "atheists are mean" and don't want to associate yourself with them because of that. You always want to play the victim card. Poor you, the christian being persecuted by these mean atheists. Makes you feel important or that you have some cosmic connection to this creator concept in your head.

Again, with the superior thinking...The answer is, No, because you do not even understand what a belief even is! But you can keep on pretending you know and understand, what I am actually thinking, or what happened to me...and how you could naturally explain them!
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 11:42 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
Are you joking? A youtube video, is not substantial evidence....

Of course I was joking because it was a silly question you asked.

It isn't up to me to prove it to you and if you are expecting me to then you first need to prove that a god exists or else this whole thing supports my position not yours.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 11:46 pm
@Ceili,
Quote:
How could you have been an atheist when you don't seem to understand the concept?

Who says that I do not?

Who says, I did not think like others do, when I was an atheist?? Did I??

I know, why I say, what I say, and have even explained it...Now tell me, how you would be able to know...How I was converted if I was not, And what entails a belief about Gods, that are not real? And what you know about a lack of belief to a belief?? To assert, that I never was...When I know who and what I am, better than anyone else??

Who says, from that conversion, I truly do not understand it on a higher level than most do?? Since I was both?
Ceili

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 11:48 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I don't believe you. This is a lie and you know it.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 12:02 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
Of course I was joking because it was a silly question you asked.

I do not believe you...Why? because it would be much easier to say what you thought about it...(read below, then link a youtube video) Which you ADMIT is a joke! So , either you hoped I would fall for it, or you are not being truthful...

Quote:
It isn't up to me to prove it to you and if you are expecting me to then you first need to prove that a god exists or else this whole thing supports my position not yours.

I can not fully prove a God exists, it takes a leap of faith or opinion, or belief to do it....

Now, will you admit, you can not possibly truthfully conceive of what is actually going on, or happening, when a theist turns atheist...or an atheist turns theist?? And you can not fully prove it...And all the evidence you gather, is speculative, from one person to the next?? And is also, a form of belief, opinions, and takes a leap in either direction to believe or reject what they are in fact saying??

Nothing less, or more??

And it does not support you position more! That again, is just superior thinking...

It does not matter, if you say otherwise, or even think it...It is apparent, that many of you, do it, or think it, and are consciously unaware of it even happening!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 12:08 am
@Ceili,
Quote:
I don't believe you. This is a lie and you know it.

If you are at peace with a reply like that...I will say fine! Whatever makes you feel happy....

I am not here to bring you down....And ruin your day....

It is not a lie...

It is 100% actual and factual...all though I understand, there is absolutely no way I could ever prove such a thing anyways...It takes a leap to accept it or not, just like I have said...You choose to reject it...Others have accepted it...If you deny it, I can not change your thought on that...

Just like, you can not truly destroy the fact, I know it in fact happened...

But at least you are not trying to tell me you know and understand exactly what happened like some atheists do...(Krumple)

And I never said, it would be something, that is easy to accept, either....Just for the record....

All that I can say, in my defense, is that was a mighty back down from asking me how I could have been an atheist, if I did not understand it...To me saying something about it...To a reply like, I do not believe you, that is a lie, and you know it...

Even if, I was lying about it, a reply like that, would not get me to tell the truth about it...

Which supports it is not a lie, nor nothing, I need to lie about...

Nor nothing, I need to cover my tracks about...

You see, when you lie, you have to think harder and harder to cover one over the other...if you are telling the truth it is very easy and straight forward...

The fact, I said little about it, and you said that...tells me, you know you think it actually happened...Why you said it is a lie? I do not know? Maybe it is because it made you feel at peace to say that....

Rather than admit you think it actually happened...

Krumple

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 12:25 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
I do not believe you...Why? because it would be much easier to say what you thought about it...(read below, then link a youtube video) Which you ADMIT is a joke! So , either you hoped I would fall for it, or you are not being truthful...

It was a silly question to ask because what else would there be then people talking about their conversion? You seem to think that there is some "other" method that would be acceptable but conversation with converts is not? It is absurd. You are shooting at nothing which is why I didn't take you seriously. This is just another one of your tactics to create unrational opposition. As if I am only allowed to provide some clinical study (as if i did you wouldn't accept it anyway).

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

I can not fully prove a God exists, it takes a leap of faith or opinion, or belief to do it....

Yep and I say if a god exists and requires faith or blind belief in it or else be punished, is not worthy of the title.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Now, will you admit, you can not possibly truthfully conceive of what is actually going on, or happening, when a theist turns atheist...or an atheist turns theist?? And you can not fully prove it...And all the evidence you gather, is speculative, from one person to the next?? And is also, a form of belief, opinions, and takes a leap in either direction to believe or reject what they are in fact saying??

Nothing less, or more??

And it does not support you position more! That again, is just superior thinking...

It does not matter, if you say otherwise, or even think it...It is apparent, that many of you, do it, or think it, and are consciously unaware of it even happening!

I guess you couldn't figure it out. What you are requesting is non-sense. A reoccuring theme is something substantual. The fact that you don't accept it, means nothing to me. I find it funny that you wouldn't accept these conversations as legitimate but you try to use your own testemony as evidence for your own belief. You can't see the contradiction here can you?
Krumple

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 12:30 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVgUCUPGDpo&feature=player_embedded