Why do atheist try to convert Christians

Thomas

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 07:35 am
@Setanta,
Oh, good. For a moment there, I thought Mr. Spademaster might be more than a matter of indifference to you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 07:36 am
If so, just barely . . .
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 01:13 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I bet if you asked ten people anywhere, they'd have given no thought as to whether I am a theist, atheist, agnostic or Pastafarian. They wouldn't care and I wouldn't care that they didn't care.

Well, apparently, this needs to be said to Setanta, because he is the one who found it to be a problem, not me, and not even yourself....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 01:18 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
what is the relevance?

The relevance is, that I can apologize to you, if you are insulted or took offense to what I have said...

It does not seem to bother you, and it does not seem to bother me...

So this question would be best, if it was said to Setanta...Since he decided to bring it up...and felt I was insulting you by my actions...I have said, you seem in no way to be offended...So, I do not understand why he even said it to begin with...The only thing I can do, is ask you, so that you will tell me, and I can apologize for it, if you want me too...Or were insulted...other than that it has no relevance to me, and it seems it is not that big of a deal or subject for you either...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 01:25 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
If so, just barely . . .

Cool, because I find entertainment, in what some of you have to say as well...

But, unlike you, I still listen to them, and take them serious...

Too bad, you and others actually think it is funny to laugh at something you think is ridiculous, that someone else says...

If I am just not that important, which basically three of you have said...There is no reason to discuss now is there?

Do you really need laughs, and entertainment that bad??

I do not believe it...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 01:35 pm
@Setanta,
And, you do not seem to get it...So I will try to explain it once more...

Others say that theism's are wrong based upon atheism, and its beliefs, or lack of beliefs...

I am doing the same exact, using theism's to say atheism is wrong...

If you find that to be irrational, then so are they...

And if they are not, then it is not irrational for me to do so...

I find it funny, that an atheist fully sees this, and understands what I am in fact doing, as soon as a theist, uses backwards logic to prove it and show it...

It is not my problem, that this is how atheists speak about a theism, and not my problem, if I am getting you and others to think about it, the way they per port it...Using the logic they do!

And it does not mean I do not understand what atheism is...I know what and why I am doing what I am doing...And know exactly why people see the illogical aspect of it...but do not accept they do the exact opposite, in regards to a theism...So as long as they keep doing it, I will per port what they are doing, from the other side...

Maybe one day, someone will be smart enough to understand what is in fact happening...

If they do not...I will not cease to stop, as I am doing...

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 02:41 pm
To per port you are logical, rational, and something you are, based upon something that is not logical, rational, and something that does not exist...

Is the same exact, as me saying I am a theist, because of how illogical, irrational, and wrong atheism is...

And that includes saying, atheism is a belief that God are not real, from a theistic perspective...
ehBeth

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 02:57 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
because he is the one who found it to be a problem, not me, and not even yourself....

Quote:
Quote:
Why do you assume that Beth is an atheist?

[quote="XXSpadeMasterXX']Because, she conducts herself in such a way...I highly doubt she is a theist...She may be an agnostic...If she is, I am sorry to her for assuming...I would more than likely be surprised if she was not some type of irreligious...

But I have asked her to explain that to me, as I have asked her before...And she did not give me the answer...

So, I am going off of a judgment call...

it may not be a problem for you, but it does seem to be an ongoing matter of curiosity for you
ehBeth

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 02:59 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
atheism is a belief that God are not real, from a theistic perspective...

atheism is not a belief system

doesn't matter how you try to twist it to fit into your worldview, atheism is not a belief /belief system
Setanta

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 03:58 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Since you don't seem to get this, i'll explain it once more. What others say has nothing to do with me. Stop trying to throw that "you guys" **** up in my face.
tenderfoot

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 06:41 pm
@ehBeth,
I
think that simply in XX SM XX mind ...that if you have not been taught the Christian beliefs and don't live in a Christian country and therefor never learnt about their God you are a atheist, unfortunately for him that leaves him and his God believers in a minority.... But of course he will very smartly prove me wrong, in his mind at least.

Krumple

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 12:53 am
@reasoning logic,
Actually when it comes right down to it, christians convert themselves to atheist because they finally wake up and realize their theology is bullshit.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 04:03 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
Actually when it comes right down to it, christians convert themselves to atheist because they finally wake up and realize their theology is bullshit.

There might be some truth to that. Have you ever heard of an educated atheist that became a theist? I have not and if I did I would not trust him to be truthful.
failures art

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 04:23 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:

There might be some truth to that. Have you ever heard of an educated atheist that became a theist? I have not and if I did I would not trust him to be truthful.

I have heard of such people. Education and knowledge play a role in people's beliefs, but I'm putting my money on emotionalism trumping most reason when it comes to things like death and gods.

Being smart does not make you fearless. I think there are plenty of well educated who find comfort in theism.

A
R
T
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 04:28 pm
@failures art,
Quote:
I'm putting my money on emotionalism trumping most reason when it comes to things like death and gods.

This does seem to be true and I have thought about it myself. Who knows what a mind may want to believe if circumstance become emotional enough?

Quote:
Being smart does not make you fearless. I think there are plenty of well educated who find comfort in theism.

I do not deny there being very educated theist it just seems "less" likely to me for a well educated atheist to become a theist than a theist that gets an education to become become an atheist.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 06:41 pm
@ehBeth,
it may not be a problem for you, but it does seem to be an ongoing matter of curiosity for you

No, it isn't...The only curiosity I have, Is whether what Setanta said, is true or not...And why he in fact even said it...Other than that, you seem to be like a nice person...

It does not bother me, what your personal choice of lifestyle is...

The ONLY reason why I am even talking about it, is because Setanta seemed to think, I was somehow being offensive...

If you do not believe it is important...I am all hands on deck with you about it...The only reason I even explained, the fact I have asked you, is because I did not want to misrepresent you...

Which (according to Setanta) I did anyways...So all I am doing is trying to say I am sorry, if I am wrong....and will even say, If you are not an atheist, I am sorry...And you do not have to tell me what you are, or are not, if you do not want to...To put it to bed....

If you have any more questions, concerning it...

Please ask, Setanta, why he seems to think I am being offensive about it...
Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 06:44 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
What a complete jerk you are. You can't blame this on me. You are the one who was obsessing about her point of view. Then, with her having said she would not tell you, you tried to get me to tell you. That would be betraying at trust. You are always on about character, and your own virtue, yet you expected me to betray a trust? You're not just a jerk, you're a creep.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 06:52 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
atheism is not a belief system

doesn't matter how you try to twist it to fit into your worldview, atheism is not a belief /belief system

That is fine, But to every atheist out there...Neither is a theism wrong, based upon atheism, then....

It is not illogical, irrational, delusional, nonsensical etc...It is all about perspectives...

And if they believe theists are all those things, based upon atheism, which they claim is not a belief...Then I "think" that atheists are just as much the same, based upon a theism...

Even though, they per port that the same can not be said, as atheism is not a belief...And you can not pin it down to one...I happen to disagree....

As things currently stand, they are able to speak about theism's like that, and atheism like that...because of their self-descriptions of themselves....

I am not OK with them thinking like that...

As things currently stand, they have the luxury of evading such things, and the luxury of doing that double negative they do....

So if they "believe" or think it is OK to have a rejection of belief, but pretend that they know what a belief is, and what it means...And are an intellect about it....I have no problem saying I have a rejection of atheism....and am a theist...and base atheism upon a belief, as I am a theist...And I can pretend to know what atheism means and is all about...

The thing is, I know what I am doing, and how irrational it truly sounds...

Not one atheist who claims all that stuff about theists have actually addressed this yet...

And until they stop, I will continue to do it....
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 06:55 pm
@Setanta,
And I will say this once more for you! You know you have said that kind of stuff in the past about me being nonsensical, delusional, irrational, illogical etc...all of the above...And more than once...I am NOT WILLING TO WASTE MY TIME TO PROVE IT! If you are not self honest enough to admit you have, and let it go, as it is no big deal...that is not my problem....

If you do not want me to "throw it in your face" than think before you speak, and do not post it for the world to see it!!!!!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 06:58 pm
@tenderfoot,
Quote:
I
think that simply in XX SM XX mind ...that if you have not been taught the Christian beliefs and don't live in a Christian country and therefor never learnt about their God you are a atheist, unfortunately for him that leaves him and his God believers in a minority.... But of course he will very smartly prove me wrong, in his mind at least.

This, is not at all what I think...It would have been better if you asked me, rather than telling me what you "believe" I "think"....

What I just said, is a smartly way, of proving you wrong....but not indeed only in my mind! And probably not what you thought I would say...Wink Wink Very Happy
0 Replies