Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 12:27 pm
GO GET HELP CHRIST WILL COME ... PR+ by Leo
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 12:41 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Still, not really clear enough, or right to the meat and potatoes....

What is the simple beauty and elegance of the natural world to you??
Everything about it; trees, stars, air, water, thought, feeling, time, space, life, death, change, growth... everything.
BillRM

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 12:56 pm
@rosborne979,
I do not know about you but to me a personal god that is mainly interested in humans that exist on one small planet out of the untold trillions for a time period of a million years or so would sharply degrade the majestic of the universe at least in my eyes.

To say nothing of the god as describe in the bible, in terms of human morals, is as evil as evil can be.

rosborne979

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 01:18 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

I do not know about you but to me a personal god that is mainly interested in humans that exist on one small planet out of the untold trillions for a time period of a million years or so would sharply degrade the majestic of the universe at least in my eyes.

To say nothing of the god as describe in the bible, in terms of human morals, is as evil as evil can be.

I agree. And I actually think it's a requirement for every person's personal view of God, that it be something which seems impressive and transcendent.

So if the notion of an anthropomorphic God seems petty to you, then it becomes automatically impossible for you to accept that concept as a God. And visa versa, people who are impressed with anthropomorphic deities are prone to accepting God within that vision.

0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 01:34 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Oh i understand it. The problem you have here is that you don't or can't explain your train of thought. You think that an atheist cannot have a purpose in life or any basis for a moral compass, precisely because an atheist doesn't believe in god. So, without having explained that, you demand that Roswell explain himself, rather than accepting his point of view. Neither i nor Roswell, however, have any problem understanding that theists believe that "god" gives life purpose and a moral foundation. So neither of us would ever say to you that we don't understand the importance of theism to you. We just neither believe in that, nor need it for purpose in life and a moral compass. Quite apart from that, neither of us is obliged to justiffy ourselves to you.

That is a pretty cocky, and condescending way of thinking indeed!

If I am an a theist, but do not fully understand atheism...Then it stands to believe by logic, if your an atheist, and I am a theist, you do not fully understand theism...

If you claim otherwise, it to me, is just to act or sound superior, which no one is...

Quote:
So neither of us would ever say to you that we don't understand the importance of theism to you.

I never said you would...I never said I do not understand the importance of lack of belief, to you...all that I am saying is (to me) it ultimately is a belief, not a rejection....And it takes a belief, to be either here or there on something...a rejection, means inconclusive...

And if you disagree...

From the flip side...

You guys tell me all the time, how believing in a God is irrational, nonsensical etc...

Which would imply, you have a deeper thought on theism, than an actual theist does...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 01:35 pm
@rosborne979,
Thank you!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 01:37 pm
@BillRM,
As all your rambling about this, over and over, With this spectacular universe, and this tiny planet...could not be seen as Christ's backwater?

Gods mind is incomprehensible...

It is one thing to disagree, it is another, when you do not even understand the concepts of it...
rosborne979

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 02:42 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

As all your rambling about this, over and over, With this spectacular universe, and this tiny planet...could not be seen as Christ's backwater?

No, because it would diminish the grandeur of the Universe to associate it with such a simplistic and irrational idea. And no concept of God can (in the mind of the observer) diminish the grandeur of the Universe or it automatically fails as an acceptable representation of God.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 03:08 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
...although, it is a belief

it is not a belief
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 03:09 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
I could! Tell me what you do embrace, in your lifestyle, for lack of belief in Gods...

not believing in gods does not necessarily leave a gap in someone's life that needs to be filled
failures art

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 03:15 pm
@ehBeth,
Bingo.

A
R
T
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 03:34 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Gods mind is incomprehensible

Gods that are created by humans are hardly incomprehensible and in fact tend to be child like and evil..............

Neither Zeus or the three in one god of the bible is anything but poor reflections of the a human idea of what a god who concerns revolved around humans would be.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 06:13 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
not believing in gods does not necessarily leave a gap in someone's life that needs to be filled

Why does your main centralism of your belief/lack of belief...Still center around a God, who is not?? If there are no gaps?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 06:17 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Gods that are created by humans are hardly incomprehensible and in fact tend to be child like and evil..............

Neither Zeus or the three in one god of the bible is anything but poor reflections of the a human idea of what a god who concerns revolved around humans would be.

Are you absolutely 100% sure? What does your probability say about that? Does it say that what you said is 100% true? Do you believe it is 100% true? If you do not, you have the smallest amount of faith in you, that you reject...
Setanta

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 06:20 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Why do you assume that Beth is an atheist?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 06:24 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
No, because it would diminish the grandeur of the Universe to associate it with such a simplistic and irrational idea. And no concept of God can (in the mind of the observer) diminish the grandeur of the Universe or it automatically fails as an acceptable representation of God.

That is exactly what I am saying...God is everything...Not just one tiny planet that Bill keeps talking about....That would not make him a simplistic and irrational idea...

If a God is real, he is in control of everything...he is not just concerned with one tiny small planet like Bill says over and over....

It is one thing for Bill to disagree with this...It is another if he does not understand the concept of a real God...And "thinks" it can only associate itself within one small planet...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 06:28 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Why do you assume that Beth is an atheist?

Because, she conducts herself in such a way...I highly doubt she is a theist...She may be an agnostic...If she is, I am sorry to her for assuming...I would more than likely be surprised if she was not some type of irreligious...

But I have asked her to explain that to me, as I have asked her before...And she did not give me the answer...

So, I am going off of a judgment call...
Setanta

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 06:37 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
If I am an a theist, but do not fully understand atheism...Then it stands to believe by logic, if your an atheist, and I am a theist, you do not fully understand theism...

That's just simple-minded dualism, it is without foundation.

Quote:
If you claim otherwise, it to me, is just to act or sound superior, which no one is...

Sure people are superior, do you really think you can play golf as well as Tiger Woods? You are just projecting your resentments, born of your poor self-image again. No one is obliged to agree with you just so that you'll feel good about yourself. Someone disagreeing with you is not evidence of condescension, nor evidence that that someone considers him- or herself to be superior. Those are your self-image problems, that's all.

Quote:
I never said you would...I never said I do not understand the importance of lack of belief, to you...all that I am saying is (to me) it ultimately is a belief, not a rejection....And it takes a belief, to be either here or there on something...a rejection, means inconclusive...

And if you disagree...

From the flip side...

You guys tell me all the time, how believing in a God is irrational, nonsensical etc...

Which would imply, you have a deeper thought on theism, than an actual theist does...

The lack of that belief is just how it is, it's not important to me. I don't define myself as an atheist, i'm only an atheist by the default definition of theists. Being an atheist is not at all important to my self-image.

You are, once again, deciding that because something is important to you, it must be important to others. It is a form of the hasty generalization fallacy.

Don't give me that "you guys" ****. If you can't quote what i've written, you have no business throwing accusations up in my face.
Setanta

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 06:39 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Yeah, "judgment calls" are your stock in trade. Hasty, uninformed, arrogant and belittling judgment calls. She is not an atheist.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 06:55 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
That's just simple-minded dualism, it is without foundation.

Do you believe I understand atheism better than you do? (no right?)

Do you believe you understand theism's better than me? logic says, (no right?) (if you think you do, please explain that to me...)

Quote:
Sure people are superior, do you really think you can play golf as well as Tiger Woods? You are just projecting your resentments, born of your poor self-image again. No one is obliged to agree with you just so that you'll feel good about yourself. Someone disagreeing with you is not evidence of condescension, nor evidence that that someone considers him- or herself to be superior. Those are your self-image problems, that's all.

Well, then I take it...That you "think" you are superior about theism's than I am? If not, please explain exactly what you meant, for me?

Perhaps, you do not mind then, if I think I have a better grip on atheism than you do??

Quote:
The lack of that belief is just how it is, it's not important to me. I don't define myself as an atheist, i'm only an atheist by the default definition of theists. Being an atheist is not at all important to my self-image.

Well, to me, it does not make much sense to set yourself as a default based upon something you think is not real, in theism's and God...If you truly do not believe there is actually something legitimate there...

Quote:
You are, once again, deciding that because something is important to you, it must be important to others. It is a form of the hasty generalization fallacy.

It is not important to you??? really?? What is something that is important to you?? So I can gauge it...And understand what you mean, fully...

Quote:
Don't give me that "you guys" ****. If you can't quote what i've written, you have no business throwing accusations up in my face.

I do not even have the strength right now, to get into a shouting match with you...If you took insult to me saying that comment, I apologize...

You know I could link one, anyways! We have spatted many times on here...And I can remember at least 5 or 6 times you have said something along those lines...So have I...I am sorry if you took offense to me not directly linking one, to back it up...I am aware, it has happened, and I thought you were too...

My mistake!