Why do atheist try to convert Christians

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 07:31 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
I will respect your choice

What if he/she is gay will you still respect him/her or will you cast stones, "I mean a vote" against him/her?

How I vote and what I vote is none of your business.
BillRM

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 07:52 am
@Arella Mae,
Quote:

So her answer is hell yes she will vote against gays if she can not find a stone to throw first as the good book tell her to right by killing anyone who work on Sunday.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 08:56 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

[How I vote and what I vote is none of your business.

That shows a real cultural difference between us. My religious beliefs are personal, but I'm quite happy to tell people how I vote.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 03:45 pm
@izzythepush,
I think that Arella Mae is being honest and I think that is all we can hope form a person! Please do not get me wrong because I also think that being intellectually honest with ourselves is an even greater value!

The reason that I brought up casting stones was because I remember something that I value from the bible and that was the lady who may have went against Gods word and committed adultery and Jesus said let he who has never sinned cast the first stone.
I do not know how most Christians interpret that but I interpret that as not to judge or condemn others even if God forbids what they have done but instead share with them why you would think that it may be harmful to behave in such away.

Trust me about one thing and that is I can be wrong, even though I feel all alone in this thinking at times!
Krumple

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 03:57 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
The reason that I brought up casting stones was because I remember something that I value from the bible and that was the lady who may have went against Gods word and committed adultery and Jesus said let he who has never sinned cast the first stone.

Well first of all that is not "exactly" how the story went. The story is that two men were dragging the woman before jesus as an attempt to trick him into going against his previous statements. They accused the woman of being an adulterer and thus request that jesus put her to death as the law demands of him to. Instead of doing that he said to the men that often misquoted statement about being without sin should cast the first stone. Which meant that they too should be held accountable to the law and probably put the death over something they had done so are they sure they should berate this woman and force her to face the law.

The interesting thing is many biblical scholars think that this story is actually a forgery since there are older versions that do not include this part in the book of john.

reasoning logic wrote:

I do not know how most Christians interpret that but I interpret that as not to judge or condemn others even if God forbids what they have done but instead share with them why you would think that it may be harmful to behave in such away.

Na it just means that everyone has messed up at some point in their life, should we hold everyone accountable to the letter of the law with absolute strictness. If so then more than likely you are just as deserving as death as anyone else would be.

reasoning logic wrote:

Trust me about one thing and that is I can be wrong, even though I feel all alone in this thinking at times!

This last line is probably the best example of the previous statements.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 04:35 pm
@Krumple,
I like your point of view even though we do not see eye to eye!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 04:44 pm
@Krumple,
I also find it strange that I see it as you but coming from a different angle!
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 05:40 pm
A different point of view!
I am not claiming it to be an absolute! What is your absolute view or claim?

0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 05:40 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

I also find it strange that I see it as you but coming from a different angle!

Yeah and that is a huge problem with the bible and christian theology. The fact that the bible can be taken is so many different ways pretty much leaves it lacking and useless.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 05:48 pm
@Krumple,
What did you think about the short 2 minute video that I shared with you?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 06:48 pm
I do realize that this is way off topic but I have way to many eggs from the chickens that I have been raising for 2 years now so I was looking for a good recipe for pickled eggs and I came across this video ! Beware this may make you sick!

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 06:50 pm
@reasoning logic,
If it might make someone sick WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU POST IT?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 07:01 pm
@Arella Mae,
I guess you could say that I have a sick sense of humor! I have never eaten a pickled egg but I thought that I would try one because I am not a picky eater!

PS. I will pass on one that is 2 years old!
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 07:10 pm
@reasoning logic,
LOL! At least you are honest about it. Personally, just thinking of a pickled egg two years old makes me sick.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 07:14 pm
@Arella Mae,
Me too! I did warn people!
I do not know why but I will be honest that some things I think are somewhat funny should not be in my opinion but from what I understand this is normal for some people!
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 04:43 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
When a person like you tries to be " clever" in reply's... your reply is a lot more than delusional.
Your only contribution is to be pathetic and overly opinionated on other's personalities . Why dont you argue instead of taking pot shots from safety ?

Why would I bother ? BillRM is far superior with his factual "pot shots" that send you crashing to the ground lonarse first.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 08:07 pm
@Arella Mae,
If you thought that was bad look at what this child eats!
He seems to handle it better than the last guy did!

Remy Eats a 1000 Year Old Egg
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 01:32 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

I am saying I am happy for science to have doubt... this is why it shouldnt try to convert religious people....until we know everything there is to know, they can not be certain they are right .

Well, that kinda works both ways, eh? Wink

In terms of probability, though, I'm sticking with what can be observed and/or demonstrated. Scientific knowledge is inductive and therefore its claims are provisional. Science will change its claims when new data appears; religious people cling steadfastly to claims for which there is no supporting data in the first place.

But if it gives you a better life experience, go for it. Smile
rosborne979

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 05:45 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Why do atheist try to convert Christians

They're just trying to get in there first before the Christians try to convert them.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 06:29 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
I will respect your choice

What if he/she is gay will you still respect him/her or will you cast stones, "I mean a vote" against him/her?

This is your quote as well.
Quote:
If you knew anything about the bible, then you would know that homosexuality is also condemned in the NT.

I have a great job that I get paid very well for and I am a "rockstar" according to my customers.

I think it is cool that your customers think that you are a rock star!

Can I ask you a few questions? I will try my best to respect your answers and even though you may not care what I think about them, "I do care what you and others think of them!

Sorry about my compassion for humanity that you may not agree with!