Why do atheist try to convert Christians

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 12:03 pm
@BillRM,
For the LAST TIME, yes that word is considered a cussword to me. If it is not a cussword to you, that's you. However, your views of the word don't make your mouth any less filthy as far as I am concerned. So, please just drop it.
BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 12:42 pm
@Arella Mae,
No I do not think so because whatever your personal meaning of having a filthy mouth might be, you are well aware of the meaning of that claim to the bulk of society.

You dishonestly try to claimed that I used language that would be consider filthy by the society as a whole not your own personal meaning and only clarify after being repeatedly challenge over the matter.

For a true Christian I find you very dishonest indeed.

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 12:48 pm
@BillRM,
I did not say it was considered filthy by the society as a whole, Bill. I said IN MY OPINION and I FIND IT TO BE. Now, I am done with this conversation. Enough is enough.
BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 01:15 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
I did not say it was considered filthy by the society as a whole, Bill

No you just implied it strongly and once more shame on you.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 01:32 pm
How about something different to talk about?

I find these videos to hold much needed information in them!

Most {Christians and atheist} around the world find evolution to be true from what I understand. If my understanding of this is wrong please help me to understand!

I wish that everyone could leave the emotions out of their thinking when viewing this video and I also hope that maybe you would watch all 15 of them!

I hope that you may find value in this and try to understand, "that we all have it wrong and that we are all in this together.

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 01:40 pm
@reasoning logic,
Where do you get that most Christians find evolution to be true?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 01:50 pm
@Arella Mae,
I can only guess that it was from poles done around the world. Please prove to me that this statement is wrong, that is why I asked if someone could help me to understand correctly if I am wrong.

From what I understand it is Christians in the USA that are the most against evolution! Most other [Not all but most] Christians in other parts of the world think that it is correct.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 01:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Most {Christians and atheist} around the world find evolution to be true from what I understand. If my understanding of this is wrong please help me to understand!

Quote:
From what I understand it is Christians in the USA that are the most against evolution! Most other [Not all but most] Christians in other parts of the world think that it is correct.

Your two statements are conflicting as I see it. Still, please provide something that states most Christians find evolution to be true.
BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 01:59 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Where do you get that most Christians find evolution to be true?

The major Christian churches as churches including the Catholic church accept evolution.

It seems that only the fringe groups that think that every word in the bible should be taken as the given word of god have a problem with evolution.

Now as far as the great unwashed Christians belonging to those churches who accept evolution I would not be surprise if they question the theory even if the leadership does not.
fresco

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 02:04 pm
@Arella Mae,
From Wiki
Quote:
Since the publication of Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species in 1859, the attitude of the Catholic Church on the theory of evolution has slowly been refined. For about 100 years, there was no authoritative pronouncement on the subject. By 1950, Pope Pius XII agreed to the academic freedom to study the scientific implications of evolution, so long as Catholic dogma is not violated.[1] Today, the Church's unofficial position is an example of theistic evolution, also known as evolutionary creation,[2] stating that faith and scientific findings regarding human evolution are not in conflict, though humans are regarded as a special creation, and that the existence of God is required to explain both monogenism and the spiritual component of human origins. Moreover, the Church teaches that the process of evolution is a planned and purpose-driven natural process, actively guided by God
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 02:04 pm
@BillRM,
I DIDN'T ASK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU did not make the claim. You are on ignore. I won't even see your posts anymore.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 02:08 pm
@Arella Mae,
Please try and do some of the research yourself, you have shown to me that you are open minded when you want to be.
You could start with the Catholic church accepting evolution and move forward from there to find out how many other Christian churches around the world accepts it. Smile
Thomas

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 02:08 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
I can only guess that it was from poles done around the world.

Richard Dawkins's book The Greatest Show on Earth lists a collection of such polls for the 30-or-so largest countries in the world. It confirms what you're saying. In most predominantly-Christian countries, people accept the fact of evolution by margins that are larger than the share of non-Christian in those countries. America's share of evolution deniers stands out from the rest of the world.

Of course, biological evolution is a fact, no matter how many people deny it. Believing or disbelieving in god may be a matter of opinion. Denial about evolution is a denial of entire fields of factual knowledge, including genetics, geology, and biogeography. Teaching this denial to ones children is an instance of fraud, not the sharing of an opinion. And fighting fraud is a matter of honesty, not an act of proselytization.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 02:12 pm
@Arella Mae,
Here is a link that give some interesting breaks down on the great unwashed Christians and other groups and their belief or non belief concerning evolution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support_for_evolution

Oh I love that you do not see my postings but still response to them AM!!!!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 02:12 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Please try and do some of the research yourself, you have shown to me that you are open minded when you want to be.
You could start with the Catholic church accepting evolution and move forward from there to find out how many other Christian churches around the world accepts it. Smile

YOU made a claim. It is not incumbent upon me to back a claim that you make. It is up to you to provide proof for your claim. I keep trying to have a conversation with you but I'm starting to feel like farmerman and think you aren't really interested in a conversation.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 02:17 pm
@Arella Mae,
God works in mysterious ways! Do you think that it is possible that god could teach us something wise through someone who appears to be a fool at times?

Isn't even a fool considered wise when he holdeth his peace ?
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 02:18 pm
@reasoning logic,
I see. That's how it is. Toodles!
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 02:25 pm
@Arella Mae,
My claim was that I can be wrong and I was hoping that someone might correct me if I was, Please do not take it that I am not interested in your viewpoints.

I think farmerman is smart but I do find it odd that you would feel like farmerman and that you are ok with him because I see him attacking people at times not a whole lot but I just do not see the point in attacking people.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 02:29 pm
@Arella Mae,
I type slow so I can only guess that you thought that I was replying to your last post. If you look you will see that I was replying to you a few post back!
0 Replies

igm

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 02:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

My claim was that I can be wrong and I was hoping that someone might correct me if I was, Please do not take it that I am not interested in your viewpoints.

I think farmerman is smart but I do find it odd that you would feel like farmerman and that you are ok with him because I see him attacking people at times not a whole lot but I just do not see the point in attacking people.

Isn't it because of how we view reality and what we believe will give meaning to our lives? As I said earlier:

igm wrote:

Isn’t it possible that having a ‘father figure’ (God/Jesus) and reason to be virtuous (fear of hell, desire for heaven), a belief that death is not the end (soul goes to heaven), feeling special (Christians are loved by Jesus and God) is all they want. It’s blind faith but then they just get on with their lives unquestioningly but happier because they need these things to give meaning to their lives. They can’t doubt it because it won’t survive that investigation. So they don’t they’ve got what they need to live their life and that’s all their personality type needs or wants.

For atheists to doubt and investigate that doubt gives meaning to their lives and they can be happier because that is their personality type.

Having reflected for a while on this that’s how I see it. How I see it is not fixed, but that’s how I see it for now.