Why do atheist try to convert Christians

igm

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 07:33 am
igm wrote:

Isn’t it possible that having a ‘father figure’ (God/Jesus) and reason to be virtuous (fear of hell, desire for heaven), a belief that death is not the end (soul goes to heaven), feeling special (Christians are loved by Jesus and God) is all they want. It’s blind faith but then they just get on with their lives unquestioningly but happier because they need these things to give meaning to their lives. They can’t doubt it because it won’t survive that investigation. So they don’t they’ve got what they need to live their life and that’s all their personality type needs or wants.

For atheists to doubt and investigate that doubt gives meaning to their lives and they can be happier because that is their personality type.

Having reflected for a while on this that’s how I see it. How I see it is not fixed, but that’s how I see it for now.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 07:53 am
@BillRM,
You have no idea what a true Christian is. You make that very obvious everytime you try to tell me what it is I believe or try to "guilt" me into apologizing to you by threatening me with whom I worship.

You show me anywhere in scripture where Jesus said we could treat people like Ionus, and yes, even you do? You won't find it because He never gave us the authority to hurt anyone with words or deed.

BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 08:14 am
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
You have no idea what a true Christian is

True Christians as compare to untrue Christians?

I assume that you are claiming to be a true Christian unlike the bulk of the leadership of the Christian faith who had shown little caring about their fellow man to say the least in two thousands years of history along with their followers.

The true loving and caring Christians must be rarer then a three dollar bill at least compare to the untrue Christians.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 08:23 am
@Arella Mae,
Oh as far as my trying to force you into an apologize I would think if you was a true Christian and had made a statement that someone had a filth mouth without there being any truth behind it you would at once wish to correct the matter.

True Christians do not care about telling the truth?

Hmm perhaps you should help us all understand the different between a true Christians and the untrue Christians who had done so must harm in the last two thousands years.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 08:50 am
@BillRM,
You are being very dishonest bill and we all know it. I am not going back through that rape thread and pull up the posts where you posted in a filthy manner. I do not owe you an apology for stating the fact that you have a filthy mouth.

You are the one making the claim that it is Christians that have done so much harm. YOU should be the one to do some research and find out what Christianity is really about before you start making claims.

Now, stop trying to "guilt" me into anything because I did not lie.
BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 08:57 am
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
You are being very dishonest bill and we all know it. I am not going back through that rape thread and pull up the posts where you posted in a filthy manner. I do not owe you an apology for stating the fact that you have a filthy mouth.

In others word a true Christian is not willing to back up her claims and likely even knowing it is baseless keep it up.

Off hand if you are holding yourself out as a true Christian then my opinion of Christians does not need to be review.

An yes if you can not back up a claim the honorable thing to do Christian or otherwise is to withdraw that claim.

Filthy mouth indeed............................
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 10:16 am
@BillRM,
How odd I find it that you are more concerned with me saying you have a filthy mouth than the fact that I don't like your morals or your personality.
BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 10:27 am
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
that I don't like your morals or your personality.

I could care less about your opinion of me and an opinion is one thing however a claimed that I had use filthy language is either true or not true.

Assuming that we are both using the common meaning of the term filthy language opinion does not come into it at all.

So once more either you should document such a claim or withdraw it.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 10:32 am
@BillRM,
Bill, are you going to honestly tell me and everyone else reading this you have not said any cusswords or anything sexually offensive? Surely, you would not lie? If you don't care about my opinion (which it is my opinion you have a filthy mouth) then I suggest you do as Mame said and JUST SHUT UP! Like I said, this is what I am seeing from you from now on, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. Rolling Eyes
BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 10:55 am
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
not said any cusswords or anything sexually offensive?

Off hand I do not remember using any cusswords as doing so is not in my nature a fact that you are claiming is otherwise and I would like you to back such a claim up or withdraw it.

If that is my normal manner of posting you should have had no problem finding hundreds of examples out of my thousands of postings as we both know.

As far as being sexually offensive with my postings that is in the eyes of the readers that I do not have any control over and is a matter of opinion.

However using filthy language is not a matter of opinion within the common meaning of using filthy language.
Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 10:57 am
Bill the almost incoherent wrote:
Sorry I do not see a damn thing wrong with pointing out the logical failings of someone beliefs that they had been program into them as children before the age of reason.

To someone with religious scruples, the use of damn is cursing--it is filthy language. Your opinion on the subject is not relevant.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 10:58 am
@BillRM,
bottom
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:03 am
@Setanta,
Damn is using filthy language LOL and so Gone with the Wind is a filthy movie for example because the word damn is used.

That is a very very weak claim to back up the idea that I am in the habit of using filthy language in my postings.

Shame on you for such silliness.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:04 am
@BillRM,
wee wee
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:07 am
@BillRM,
Shame on you for willfully offending someone who was not attempting to offend you. As Izzy says . . . wee wee . . .
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:14 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Bill the almost incoherent wrote:
Sorry I do not see a damn thing wrong with pointing out the logical failings of someone beliefs that they had been program into them as children before the age of reason.

To someone with religious scruples, the use of damn is cursing--it is filthy language. Your opinion on the subject is not relevant.

Quite right Setanta. I find it strange he cares more about my opinion of whether he has a filthy mouth than my opinion of his morals.
BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:28 am
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Quite right Setant. I find it strange he cares more about my opinion of whether he has a filthy mouth than my opinion of his morals.

So your idea of using filthy language is using the word damn????!!!!????

Then you are way out of the mainspring of this culture in what you consider filthy language and had been at least since the released in the 1930s of Gone with the Wind. Oh I had hear the word in an over the air broadcast of this movie so not even the FCC consider Damn a filthy word it would seems.

Oh well you had just proven that even true Christians are not honest in debates.

I hope neither one of you had harm yourselves by reaching so far for this example of my filthy language.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:33 am
@BillRM,
You seem to have missed something. I said you have a filthy mouth because you use cusswords (in my opinion they are) AND you have made sexually offensive statements (also my opinion). For someone who doesn't care about my opinion, you surely are going on and on about it.

I sincerely hope my pointing out the word AND to you will put this to rest.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:37 am
Why cant we all just get along and forgive each other for their trespasses?

I don't think that bill is deliberately trying to be hateful nor do I think Arella Mae is trying to be the way that she seems to you bill, maybe we all are just being ourselves and that can seem rude or mean at times even though we do not try for it to be that way!
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:49 am
@Arella Mae,
So it is your opinion that using the word damn is using filthy language?

Most of us share a rough idea of what filthy language happen to be or not be and Damn is not for most of us a filthy word in and of itself and somehow I have a feelings if you could find it in your good Christian heart to be truthful such is not even your opinion.

This is another example at least in my opinion of your willingness to be dishonest.