Why do atheist try to convert Christians

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 04:49 pm
@ehBeth,
When I said that what I meant was "YOU ARE DOING IT so we will question ourselves?" Then I asked him why. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful or anything. I am really interested in why he would want someone else to question themselves about something, anything really.
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 04:50 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

This is specially for you Arella Mae!
I thought that you might like this!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sEwtnBO5UY[/youtube]

That is one of my favorite videos. It truly exemplifies the sacrifice of one person who loves another. That video always makes me cry.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 04:58 pm
@Arella Mae,
I certainly didn't sense any disrespect from you toward RL in that post.

I think it's healthy for people to question. I personally encourage people to question things all the time - whether in relation to relation/spirituality or things like why they spend personal time with people they don't like.

It made me smile when you posted about believing what you believe and that it was ok for others to believe what they believe, as what some (not all) atheists believe is that they don't know what to believe in the area of spirituality. They are questioners. Some of us come to it from a previous position of belief, others always questioned.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 05:00 pm
@Arella Mae,
Imagine that you have atheist that that can find value in such things! Now if we can get people to realize that ethics are very important we may see gods will here on earth as it is done in haven.

I may not believe in God but that does not mean that I cant find value in the teachings of Jesus!
BillRM

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 05:12 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
don't like your filthy mouth

Filthy mouth could you give a few examples of my filthy mouth or my filthy typing at least?

Are you confuisng me wiht BillO by any chance?
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 05:21 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
don't like your filthy mouth

Filthy mouth could you give a few examples of my filthy mouth or my filthy typing at least?

Are you confuisng me wiht BillO by any chance?

Bill, have a nice day. No hard feelings here. I do not care to converse with you and I have told you why. There aren't that many of you in the world I don't think so no, I didn't confuse you with anyone.
Arella Mae

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 05:23 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Imagine that you have atheist that that can find value in such things! Now if we can get people to realize that ethics are very important we may see gods will here on earth as it is done in haven.

I may not believe in God but that does not mean that I cant find value in the teachings of Jesus!

I don't think you are understanding what I am asking you. You seem to have a reason for wanting others to question themselves. I don't believe the way you do or some others on here but I don't think it would be correct to say I want them to question themselves.

ehBeth is right that we do question ourselves on things and that's fine. But isn't that a decision we should make for ourselves?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 06:13 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
ehBeth is right that we do question ourselves on things and that's fine. But isn't that a decision we should make for ourselves?

I think you are correct, Only we can make decisions for ourselves!

People influence us in many ways, I think that there is very little that you know that is of your own. You have been culled by your environment! We are sheep!
Every thing I know comes from you and others and I can only hope that you have taken the time to question what you have learned and not just believed it without evidence.
Did you watch the video that I shared with you? The video before the one me and you found to be inspirational !

What are your comments on it? Here it is again for easy reference!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUB4j0n2UDU

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 07:46 pm
@Arella Mae,
I still would love to see AM a few examples from you of my filthy postings and as a good god fearing Christian who is not suppose to bear false witness the correct thing to do if you can not back up your statement is to apology to me.

I am assuming the word filthy apply to bad language not any content of my postings you do not agree with and if that is not true then once more you need to clear up your statement if you wish to keep on the good side of your god.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 09:03 pm
(NOT directed at Arella Mae) Why are religious people so quick to demand respect for their beliefs, as if there were something off-limits about one's religion? We often debate about such personal issues as political affiliations, race, gender, nationality, etc. What's with the hands-off attitude towards religion? Could it be that deep down religious people know that such faiths are indefensible due to utter lack of evidence?

Anyway, as long as they aren't crusading...
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 09:10 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
like in a recent discourse on physics that you made believe that you knew of what you were speaking but didnt
You always introduce another topic without giving it the proper debate ! What a weak minded fool you are if you think anyone is going to fall for that ! Tell us about all the topics where you declared yourself the winner...

So there are no atheists anywhere that try to convert Christians ? You must have two dicks, no one could be that big a wanker with only one . Physically you are inferior and your mind is going down the gurgler... your only value is in reminding us of what can happen to humanity if it takes itself too seriously .

Gomer the turd must seek help...for alcoholism, low self esteem, delusions of grandeur, and the use of a spell checker (but not bi-polar disorder) .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 09:12 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
On A2K, its always the religious who comne out with ridiculous crap like this very thread.
Poor Gomer doesn't like this thread... is someone holding a gun at your head ?

Gomer the turd must seek help...for alcoholism, low self esteem, delusions of grandeur, and the use of a spell checker (but not bi-polar disorder) .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 09:16 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Then why did you try to bait people with this thread??Thats really what youve done.
So a thread where atheists can get together and sneer at how stupid religious people are is not baiting ? But this one is ? You need to get over yourself... were you an abused child because you are an emotional ratbag of several personality disorders .

Ionus

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 09:17 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Farmerman not every atheist thinks the same way as you! Don't you know this?
Gomer is unaware of anything but his own infallibility . He doesnt believe in God because he cant stand competition.

0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 09:22 pm
@BillRM,
Pointing out a logical failing is a standard treatment for delusions . To apply the treatment you must know that the person is delusional . You have tha cart before the horse . Proof religious people are delusional first, then you can use the logical failings of their belief .
BillRM

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 09:35 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Proof religious people are delusional first, then you can use the logical failings of their belief .

You mean that the sun was stop in it tracks or that rotting dead men are brought back to life or virgin births or ..........and anyone would need no more proof beyond the proof of their own claims that religious people are delusional?

Seems very self evidence that they are delusional.
Ionus

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 09:55 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
that rotting dead men are brought back
You mean when a man had been buried alive (in a cave) for religious offences and "stank" because he had not been able to perform ritual bathing ? And was raised "from the dead" by the authority of Jesus, King ?

Quote:
virgin births
You mean a virgin as in a young woman gets pregnant or perhaps the title of a head nun who was also called a virgin because of the amount of time she had been without sex ?

You are aware that you have delusions about religion aren't you ? That we should point out the logical failings of your beliefs ?
tenderfoot

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2011 11:12 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
that rotting dead men are brought back
You mean when a man had been buried alive (in a cave) for religious offences and "stank" because he had not been able to perform ritual bathing ? And was raised "from the dead" by the authority of Jesus, King ?

Quote:
virgin births
You mean a virgin as in a young woman gets pregnant or perhaps the title of a head nun who was also called a virgin because of the amount of time she had been without sex ?

You are aware that you have delusions about religion aren't you ? That we should point out the logical failings of your beliefs ?

Your statement above proves to me .... you are a lot more than delusional
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 07:20 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
Then why did you try to bait people with this thread??Thats really what youve done.
So a thread where atheists can get together and sneer at how stupid religious people are is not baiting ? But this one is ? You need to get over yourself... were you an abused child because you are an emotional ratbag of several personality disorders .

Sneer at how stupid religious people are? Seriously? Ionus, if being an atheist or whatever you call yourself is what causes you speak and act in the manner that you do and allows you to treat people like trash, then sneer at me all you want. I wouldn't have a thing to do with anything that would allow me to treat human beings in the manner that you do.
BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 07:31 am
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
I wouldn't have a thing to do with anything that would allow me to treat human beings in the manner that you do.

Given the last two thousands years of human history then AM you should not be a Christian with that religion sad history of the treatment of not only non-Christians but the wars and deaths between sects for minor differences in beliefs.