Why do atheist try to convert Christians

FBM

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 09:24 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

I think that you may be on to something!

I wonder what it would be like {if} we all did not engage in such fantasies?

There would be no Harry Potter, LOTR, Hollywood movies, Shakespeare, Sunday afternoon football, high school proms, etc, etc. We're raised on fantasies, no?

Quote:
I see nothing wrong with some of this as long as we can come down from this mental high and realize that we are all in this together and that {if} we are able to come down from this mental fantasy type of thinking and back into reality!

And this cuts quite to the chase: what exactly is reality and how do you go about answering that question? Until there is universal agreement on methods and criteria, there's not much chance of agreeing on content, I think.

Quote:
I am sure that I can have this wrong because we have seen college educated people that are not able to come down from this and instead fly passenger jets into buildings.

Those people need to be focused on, not harmless and nice people like Arella Mae, eh? Yes, I know the argument that the existence of religion provides a nursery for religious extremists, but the existence of alcohol makes alcoholism possible, too, and we can see how the policy of Prohibition went over, eh? Drunk

Quote:
Could there be two many ifs in this post?

If only I were wise enough to judge. Laughing
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 09:36 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
So because a drive does not cause perfect behavior it does not exist?
So if it doesnt behave according to plan it does exist ?

Quote:
Amazing..............
You are easily amazed .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 09:39 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
You seem to be overlooking the fact that atheists on this thread have said they DO NOT try to convert Christians.
Criminals in gaol very rarely admit to having committed crime... yet there they are.... do you really expect an atheist to present themselves as a target ?

Quote:
I am starting to really wonder what it is you are trying to accomplish here.
Perhaps atheists could start off by admitting they are jealous of religious people ?
Ionus

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 09:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
From Therapeutae to Frankenstein science worshipers have been around for a long time .
Ionus

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 09:42 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Quote:
In many respects Atheism is as much a religion as any other.
BULLSHIT...............
Spoken with true religious zeal to protect your dogma .
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 09:45 pm
@Ionus,
Cool I have never heard of Frankenstein science worshipers I am surprised being that they have been around so long!

I find it odd that some churches will have discussions about this man and his videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AronRa#p/f/17/DAuFJKQh83Y
Ionus

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 09:45 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Most of the jokes I have seen about religion and God are about the human understanding of both... as such they are justified . It is when they are necessarily hurtful of other people that I object to them .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 09:46 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
If there existed an evil SOB god that the Christian bible painted in the old testament then the moral thing to do would be to resist and interfere with his actions and his agents as must as possible no matter how powerful he happen to be.
Who's interest would you be behaving in ?
Ionus

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 09:50 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Cool I have never heard of Frankenstein science worshipers I am surprised being that they have been around so long!
Really ? Using aborted fetuses for science, cloning, people dont own their own DNA, the list is long....Frankenstein type science worshipers .
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 09:53 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
.Frankenstein type science worshipers .

Oh I see I thought that you may have been speaking of a religion instead of a type of thinking!
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 10:02 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:

The human race as a whole that is my pack.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 10:25 pm
Does this Christian know what he is talking about? If he does he is talking way over my head! What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/user/AronRa#p/f/13/yqc9zX04DXs
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 10:28 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Quote:
The human race as a whole that is my pack.
Even the bad guys ? Are you sure you have no selfish motives ? You will only have selfish motives . At least religion tries to give selfish people selfless motives .
BillRM

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 10:48 pm
@Ionus,
Selfish motives hell you mean like the religion leaders down through history that had used the power of religion to rule either directly or indirectly over the mass of the human race?

Torturing the Jews who had converted to Christianity in order to remain in Spain to death for not being true Christians and seizing their wealth to be shared between the state and the church.

Or the Pope and the King of France drumming up charges of devil worship so they could attack the Templar Order and once more seized their great wealth?

Yes there is many many fine examples of religions showing the path to a more selfless life unlike evil atheists.

Ionus

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 10:53 pm
@BillRM,
But all your examples are of pack behaviour, we just have to belong to a smaller pack . To accept everyone and everything is the goal of religion.. it is just you pack followers that get in the way .
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 11:03 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
To accept everyone and everything is the goal of religion.

Which religion are you referring to?
BillRM

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 11:04 pm
@Ionus,
Interesting idea that when religions go off the rail as they are more off then on it is due to pack behaviors not the evilness inherited in such stupid irrational beliefs systems that grant leadership of the packs to evil men.

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 11:19 pm

Was God ever married?

Yahweh's Wife

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HX1_wmWgjM&feature=channel_video_title
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 11:30 pm
@BillRM,
And I will respond in kind:

I know you are, but what am I?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 11:32 pm
@Arella Mae,
How many Christians are "True Christians?"

Defense of a a school of thought doesn't extend to the imperfect students.