Why do atheist try to convert Christians

failures art

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 11:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
In what way is Atheism a religion? Please define religion, and then we can play a game where we talk about what's remains outside of your definition. That sounds like a fun philosophical walk in the park. Especially, when suddenly every person becomes poly-religious.

A
R
T
BillRM

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 12:40 am
@failures art,
I go to my atheist church every Sunday and after the service we go walking around the neighborhood knocking on doors and handing out free copies of the God Delusion.

So how is atheism not a religion?

Oh, please watch our church TV broadcast from our twenty millions dollars cathedral for information on our next big cities tour.

0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 10:29 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
You seem to be overlooking the fact that atheists on this thread have said they DO NOT try to convert Christians.
Criminals in gaol very rarely admit to having committed crime... yet there they are.... do you really expect an atheist to present themselves as a target ?

Quote:
I am starting to really wonder what it is you are trying to accomplish here.
Perhaps atheists could start off by admitting they are jealous of religious people ?
I have found that those claiming to be atheist on A2K are really quite honest about how they feel. Why would I assume they are lying? Jealous? Why would they be jealous of something they don't even believe in? That's an illogical and irrational thought to me.
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 10:34 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

How many Christians are "True Christians?"

Defense of a a school of thought doesn't extend to the imperfect students.

Why would you ask me a question when you know I could not possibly have the answer.
Thomas

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 10:44 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Why do atheist try to convert Christians

Beats me. While you're here, though, can you explain to me why Christians try to convert atheists?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 10:51 am
@Arella Mae,
Someone once said that there was only one Christian, and he was killed. I have also read that Jesus was not a Christian, that Christianity was fabricated many years after his death by Paul.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 11:29 am
@Arella Mae,
I think that he was sharing a logical point of view and it was his later comment that I think should be considered genius

Defense of a school of thought doesn't extend to the imperfect students?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 11:35 am
@Arella Mae,
Have you ever met an atheist that thought Christianity should be taught?

I know of one and I think that there are many more out there!
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 11:53 am
@reasoning logic,
There are plenty out there. They realize we all have the right to speak of our beliefs as they have a right to speak of theirs.
BillRM

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 12:40 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
There are plenty out there. They realize we all have the right to speak of our beliefs as they have a right to speak of theirs.

We even have the right to challenge the logic of that belief system and similar ones and even make open fun of them if we care to do so.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 02:08 pm
@Arella Mae,
I am not sure that I was clear but the person I am talking about thinks that you should be taught regardless of it being true, "he does not believe it but he wants you to believe it!
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 04:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
If he doesn't believe it why would he want me to believe it? I think it's more a matter of it could be taught and let everyone make up their own mind. I could be wrong though.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 05:05 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
If he doesn't believe it why would he want me to believe it?

He thinks that Christianity is the best answer to societies problems even though he does not believe in God, He also thinks that there are economic reasons for this! He is not a bad person but then again I could be wrong. "He just thinks it would be best for society!
This person is Spendius and he is a member of this forum!

Quote:
I think it's more a matter of it could be taught and let everyone make up their own mind. I could be wrong though.

To be honest that may be the best approach but I could be wrong!
BillRM

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 05:24 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
I think it's more a matter of it could be taught and let everyone make up their own mind. I could be wrong though.

Like smoking if you do not get this religion nonsense drill into a person before they reach the age of reason it is far too late in most cases.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 05:29 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

Like smoking if you do not get this religion nonsense drill into a person before they reach the age of reason it is far too late in most cases.

You do seem to be using logical reasoning but the sad thing is that we all are not able to get it! Take your time and be kind if you care about us getting it!

I do realize that it seems hopeless, and at times it is but at other times people actually get it!
I know that these times are far and few but you did not understand all of what you know over night!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 05:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
The guy in the video is Spendius?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 06:12 pm
@Arella Mae,
I am not sure if Spendius has ever made a video!

This is the Spendius that I am referring to!

http://able2know.org/user/spendius/
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 06:57 pm
@reasoning logic,
Oh okay, sorry, I misunderstood.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 08:22 pm
@Arella Mae,
People go to great extremes to get their views across! I myself see lying as a very bad thing but others can find value in them like this video shows!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CknbIgDWKWc&feature=channel_video_title
Krumple

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 08:30 pm
@reasoning logic,
The kid in the video is a moron. If he won't take the time to actually analyze what books he is one staring then why should we accept what he has to say at all? It also points out that he probably has never analyzed his own beliefs because he isn't even willing to analyze anything else. He is the furthest you can get from being scientific and is a pusher of lies and dishonesty. People like that do nothing to make the word progress forward but instead they try to anchor people back into ignorant ways instead.