Gross out ads, what is your take on them?

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2011 11:29 pm
I just installed ad-block because I had my last straw looking at the boy with the cleft lip for probably the 200th time....there is enough ugly in the world, I dont need to get mega doses more from those who are pan handling for cash. I feel the same way about the current TP ads on tv that are all about how their product is strong enough that you will not get **** on your hands when you wipe...I do not need to hear that message three times an hour tyvm, and if when I go to by TP if I remember that your company has repeatedly uglied up my days I will most certainly not be buying your product.

What say you?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 02:16 am

I abhor ugliness. I am a quick eye-snapper.
I agree with boycotting ugliness.

I love to look at BEAUTY.

David
0 Replies

PhoebeKate

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 02:39 am
Why do they have to resort to grossness just to sell their product? Probably coz no one's buying them! I am turned off with such crassness. I end up avoiding the product because of the ad.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 05:45 am
@PhoebeKate,
WELCOME to the Forum, PhoebeKate !

What do u teach?
( I recommend fonetic spelling. )

David
0 Replies

BenG

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 07:40 am
@hawkeye10,
We need more positive messages!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 07:43 am
@hawkeye10,
Okay I cannot resist. YOU are grossed out by a boy with a cleft lip? YOU? I swear I have never laughed so hard in my entire life. Laughing Laughing Laughing
royable

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 08:01 am
@hawkeye10,
I agree those ads are really annoying and disgusting. It's strange how companies get too cheap with such kind of ads.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 12:50 pm
@royable,
royable wrote:

I agree those ads are really annoying and disgusting. It's strange how companies get too cheap with such kind of ads.
I suspect that the TP company expects to get points for honesty, but in my case they come off as unnecessarily crude, they get negative points...
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 12:51 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

Okay I cannot resist. YOU are grossed out by a boy with a cleft lip? YOU? I swear I have never laughed so hard in my entire life. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Yes, in the same way I am grossed out by a fat woman in a bikini...have some decency and keep it out of my viewing range. In the case of the pan handling ad I never liked it but it was not a big deal until it kept showing up on my browser for months, often.
djjd62

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 01:20 pm
weird, i watch almost no commercial tv and rarely notice ads on the internet (safari has a pretty good ad block i guess)

i also podcast (some paid) radio programs, so i almost never have to hear audio ads (sometimes something slips through, and one show makes some of their live reads into comedy bits so they're pretty entertaining)
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 01:32 pm
@djjd62,
AdBlock so far seems to have sped up Crome as well as blocked the ads, I should have done this years ago. Ads did not bother me much till lately though, it was not only the constant pic of the facial deformity that got to me, it was also that there are more ads, more obnoxious ads, and the ones before video clips have gotten long....in the last week I have come across ads of 45 seconds before viewing a 30 second clip, which is outrageous. Ads have been overall increasingly ruining my internet experience at the very same time I am less willing to put up with ads because between Netflix and DVR I almost never have to suffer through them anymore on the TV.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2011 05:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
But yet you want to flaunt your lifestyle that causes the same kind of reaction in other people that you get from that fat woman in a bikini. It seems the only things you want to put a stop to hawkeye, are the things that bother you personally. Kind of makes me wonder..........................
wmwcjr

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 01:27 pm
@Arella Mae,
hawkeye10 wrote:
I just installed ad-block because I had my last straw looking at the boy with the cleft lip for probably the 200th time....there is enough ugly in the world, I dont need to get mega doses more from those who are pan handling for cash.

I could comment here, but I don't want to get a nasty response. Smile
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2011 02:06 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
It seems the only things you want to put a stop to hawkeye, are the things that bother you personally. Kind of makes me wonder..........................
I try to have the things in my life that I like, and not have the stuff that I dont like, which makes me normal. I flaunt my lifestyle?? Where?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 04:33 am

Its good to look at BEAUTY
and to look away from its opposite

David
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 10:02 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Quote:
It seems the only things you want to put a stop to hawkeye, are the things that bother you personally. Kind of makes me wonder..........................
I try to have the things in my life that I like, and not have the stuff that I dont like, which makes me normal. I flaunt my lifestyle?? Where?
I am not going to get into some argument about your lifestyle again. I am pretty sure everyone who has read much of what you say understands exactly what lifestyle I am referring to. I know that you know what I'm talking about. But, that was not my point. My point is you seem to want to change the things that only bother you and those things don't seem to bother the majority of the population the way it does you and I found it rather ironic. If something bothers you like the ads, good, do something about it, which you did. Caso chiuso
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 02:34 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
My point is you seem to want to change the things that only bother you and those things don't seem to bother the majority of the population the way it does you and I found it rather ironic.
It should strike you as the behavior of a person who believes in the individual....to me the collective is a collection of individuals all striving for what we need/want/desire and I see fighting for such things a good functioning of the collective. You will remember that I consider good relationships to be both cooperative and combative, fighting for what we want with-in relationship is healthy, fighting for what we want with-in the collective is healthy. I dont for instance begrudge the feminists fighting for getting power over men as they have done, I meerly point out that it has gone to far and it is time to stop the process of giving more power to women. Unlike most people I think I do not regret or dismiss the battle for power between the genders, I consider it the only way to regulate power effectively and with some semblance of justice.
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2011 03:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
I told you I am not going to get into an argument about this. In my opinion, and it is strictly my opinion, you don't have the foggiest idea of what a real loving relationship is. Now, I know you don't agree with my opinion and that's just fine. You don't have the same values as I have. That's just the way it is, hawkeye.

As long as you are "swapping" your wife out there to pretty much anyone, don't try to BS any of us that you want to empower women. Now, that's all I have to say on this.
0 Replies