What are the creepiest, annoying or stupid commercials that bother you.

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2019 11:09 pm
Just to start this off, my offering for creepy is the Chantix smoking commercial all done in slo mo? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I have to mute it, it creeps me out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 2,423 • Replies: 17

View best answer, chosen by glitterbag
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2019 11:12 pm
Designer drug commercials.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2019 11:13 pm
Flo, of Progressive fame, annoys me.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2019 11:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
OMG yes
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2019 11:19 pm
I also hate those stupid "Twizzler" commercials where they claim you 'must laugh' if they stick one of those crappy pieces of **** in your face, and then you start laughing hysterically........what utter bullshit.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2019 12:09 am
@glitterbag,
Yes.
The GEICO Gecko also annoys me. He's not funny, not that cute.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2019 12:17 am
I've told this on here before. When I was a kid, the Inner Sanctum radio show, we always listed to it from in bed, with the lights off. None of the stories bothered me, but I hid under the cover in fright when the Bromo Seltzer commercial played. This chorus of voices whisper-chanted, "Bromo Seltzer, Bromo Seltzer, Bromo Seltzer."
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2019 12:23 am
I thought of another. Some kind of wheat crackers; one of the crackers ends up devouring the rest of them.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2019 10:38 am
The Aspercreme "Don't smell like Walter" commercial.

A middle-aged woman nuzzles up to a younger woman in the supermarket,
saying "You smell just like my Walter used to." Creeps me out.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2019 11:22 am
@George,
Eeeewwwwwwww... That IS disturbing
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2019 12:02 pm
Hard to choose from the selections above - I dislike them all. One addition is the endless Liberty Insurance commercials all filmed in the same spot overlooking the Statue of liberty in NY, and most very self-serving and selective in disclosing and hyping their terms.
farmerman

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 07:01 am
@georgeob1,
Trumpy Bear commercials are pretty weird . I cant imagine, ven if someone is a Trump supporter, why the hell youd spend money to stick that thing on your bike or in the passenger seat of your SUV.

Any of tho Testosterone supplement ads should be closed down and the perps jailed. Med science has shown that Testosterone supplements do nothing and, in fact CAN do harm.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 07:07 am
@glitterbag,
The Michelob "I like beer" commercials. Kavanaugh has forever spoiled the taste.
0 Replies

Roberta
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 02:38 pm
Josephine commercials bother me too. What happened to her poof?

A man dressed like a pilot is shown from the waist up. As the camera pans down, we see that the pilot sitting on a toilet bowl with his pants down around his ankles. I think that the commercial is selling something that covers/disguises the smell of poop.

There's another commercial for a similar (the same?) product. In this case, there's a party. Different people go to the bathroom and poop. The poop is shown floating around in the toilet bowl. It's shown as little brown cubes. Hey, if you're shitting brown cubes, smell is the least of your troubles.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 03:25 pm
The Hormel pepperoni commercial is weird in an annoying, stupid and creepy way.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2019 08:20 am
The ad with the woman excited that she found bladder control underwear that’s actually pretty!! It’s not, but hey if she’s happy, I’m happy for her.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2019 08:44 am
How about Tom Selleck hawking reverse mortgages? You get all that money every month; just pay it back when you leave the house. How you going to pay it back without selling the house? But he tells you you won't lose the house. These loans were illegal in Texas for many years, but, no more.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2019 11:09 am
@edgarblythe,
Reverse mortgages concern me, they say you don’t pay until you leave the house so what happens if you are hospitalized for 2 months???? Reminds me of those time share scams, paints a terrific picture but doesn’t deliver.
0 Replies