Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 10:39 pm
@Joe Nation,
It's a secret son.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 10:48 pm
@laughoutlood,
What the hell did I say?

@jcboy,
Sorry, but like, whatever. Those attract you. They are not the air you must breathe.

since -

You all take that as some anti gay diatribe?
What a bunch of fools.
I don't just get to talk with jc?
This is fairly annoying.

dlowan

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 10:50 pm
@laughoutlood,
laughoutlood wrote:

It's a secret son.

You can tell us....we promise not to laugh out loud at you.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 11:01 pm
I love to read. I love to sing. I love photography. There are times when you could call any of the above an obsession. However, as all consuming as they are, they come in spits and spurts. I've found that aside from the above, my obsessions mostly have to do with my hands. Cooking, woodworking, handmade stuff and the like, but at the moment it's all about the pots. Hypertufa baby! A mixture of portland cement, peat and vermiculite or perlite or sand or paper, whatever. Once I perfect it I'll find something new.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 11:08 pm
@ossobuco,
I get it - I said that I was impatient with jc's thing with shoes and watches and wanted him to just breathe the air he breathed.

Jesus, you are all very ******* punitive.

Bunch of toad whistlers.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 11:30 pm
@ossobuco,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5quYQ4JH6c
ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 11:33 pm
@Rockhead,
perfect
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 12:37 am
I used to be obsessed with beautiful clothes, fine fabrics, and magnificent accessories. Loved to wear something that felt good--and that sounded good when I moved. Loved to have interesting, attention-catching accessories adorning simple, good clothes.

I saved a silk dress from the 1960s. The fabric is divine. I will never wear the dress again. It doesn't take up much room. I also saved a pair of gold satin shoes. They don't take up much room either.

I can think of many events in my past life and remember what I wore.

These days I'm obsessed with health, money, and tsuris.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 12:50 am
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
I've been doing every day now for just short of two years.

Whether I'm here in NYC or traveling to the Outer Banks or at my friend's house by the pond in Connecticut, I get up, go out, take the shot and write down what comes to me.

I haven't missed a day in those two years.

Hello, Joe

What you describe seems to me to be a salute to every morning, to every new day.

I think that's a wonderful thing to do .... sort of a morning meditation.
You've gotta have a good grip after doing that at the very start of each new day!
Say nothing of the sheer magic of being there, awake, to watch the start of each new morning!

In summer, when it isn't so damn chilly here (like right now) , I do much the same thing, without recording it like you do: I sit on my back veranda & watch each new day begin. I'm not quite sure what that achieves, exactly, but it makes me feel very connected to where I live, to life moving on.
It is a very soothing, calming experience ... then those first noisy bird sounds, which signal that the new day is about to get properly under way.
Time to get moving soon!

But, as for your question about secret obsessions ......

You really don't think we'll reveal those, do you?

They are secret for very, very good reasons! Wink

So it is OK if we stick to revaluations about our normal, everyday obsessions, which we feel OK about revealing?

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 01:52 am
@Ragman,
That's the spirit!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 01:55 am
What's this "air you must breathe" horseshit. None of us are bound to meet another member's standard for replying to such a thread.

If i could, i would live on carbs, butter and salt. That's obsession enough for me.
msolga

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 02:05 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
What's this "air you must breathe" horseshit. None of us are bound to meet another member's standard for replying to such a thread.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean.
Could you elaborate a bit on your post, Setanta?

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 02:17 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

What the hell did I say?

@jcboy,
Sorry, but like, whatever. Those attract you. They are not the air you must breathe.

since -

You all take that as some anti gay diatribe?
What a bunch of fools.
I don't just get to talk with jc?
This is fairly annoying.

msolga

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 02:20 am
@Setanta,
Oh right.
I see what you're saying now.
I agree with you that jc's post was a perfectly OK response to the topic & didn't warrant any criticism.
I genuinely couldn't figure out what you meant before, probably because it wasn't linked to any particularly post.
Thanks for explaining.
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 06:37 am
@laughoutlood,
You have a SECRET SON??
Is that you, Arnold?
No.
Wait.
That's not a secret anymore.

Joe(Anthony?)Nation
dlowan

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 06:50 am
@Joe Nation,
You're also obsessively funny..... Wink
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 06:55 am
@Ragman,
I am working on a "best of" . It's the oddest thing. I find something I wrote, I know I wrote it, but I have no memory of doing it. I've even checked some of them online to see if maybe I lifted a phrase from somewhere.
Your 'obsession' is one that I would love for everyone to have. Reaching out to others, seeing growth, feeling a bit responsible, knowing your own limits(sending them on to better trained, though not necessarily more instinctive, people); we should sign up the rest of humanity. \\
Joe(You have 5,231,987,221 calls holding)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 07:01 am
@ossobuco,
oh, osso, I am an obsessive reader.
I cannot stand in a line or wait on a platform without reading (or listening to a book being read).
I must have something to read while on the jon.
As I once said to a friend of mine:
"It's a problem. Yesterday, I just about **** my pants because I couldn't find anything suitable to read."

Joe(I now keep a supply nearby)Nation
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 07:06 am
@wayne,
Quote:
I am curious as to whether you find an identity within that devotion.

What a lovely obsession - fishing - at least the way my father fished. He waded into streams, put a nightcrawler on a number nine hook and leader, let it float down the river past the drowsy trout of summer. Trout not hungry, he not caring because the rhythm in the water was what soothed his soul.

Yes. Identity, I think, is key to why we obsess.

Joe(Now I am late and have to go.)Nation
laughoutlood

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 07:43 pm
@Joe Nation,
Hello everyone.

I must be obsessed with housework , luckily there's no end to it.

My other thing is that I can't seem to stop giving people pieces of paper so that they will do stuff for me or otherwise provide.
0 Replies