HELP!! am i too late to become one of his close friends?

minchop

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 10:32 am
theres this shy guy that i like but we ve never had a proper conversation before.i know a few things about him, through some close friends,but i doubt that he knows anything about me other than my name.No, I m not a stalker or anything like that…, but i like him cuz whenever my friends and i go to r school library, we sit near him (they don t know that i like him), i normally tell my best friends some jokes and when i do i can always see him give me a cute,little smile or a small laugh at the corner of my eye, and then thats when i started to like him.We ve been in the same school and the same year group for two years now so, idk if i should go to him and get to know him mbetter and idk how to do that without making a fool out of myself (since I m quite shy around other people) is it too late to be his friend? and how do i get him to notice me? or what should i say to him?

ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 10:46 am
@minchop,
Ask him to join your group when you're in the library, or go in on your own some time and ask if you can join him where he is sitting.
minchop

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 10:58 am
@ehBeth,
my school library is small compared to the normal ones and its normally full of people especially when it rains outside… and how do i ask him?? cuz I feel really shy around him i can't even make eye contact with him.. Sad
ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 11:02 am
@minchop,
start by saying hi/hello/hey each time you see him (or at least once a day)

work on that for a week or so

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 11:13 am
@minchop,
Like ehBeth said, say hi.

See, here's the thing, particularly when both people are shy. Somebody has to step up to the plate and get things started. Since you know you like him, but you have no idea what his feelings are for you (if any), then you have to be the one to get things going.

You may fail.

This will not cause the world to end. You will not die of embarrassment.

And every time you take the initiative and try something new and break out of your comfort zone, it will be easier for you to do that later. This is a skill, and now is a good time for you to start learning it, regardless of what happens with this guy.

Go get 'em, Tiger. Smile
0 Replies