cell phone 101 questions (and maybe email questions too)

Mame

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 11:19 am
@Butrflynet,
I hear you about the manuals - completely useless! I went to where I bought my phone and asked them to show me all the stuff I wanted and I wrote it all down. Had to do that for my camera, too. I don't mind spending some time figuring things out, but geez Louise. I still don't use lots of things on my Mac Smile I have never transferred the photos on my phone to my laptop, either. But I really like that you can SMS them to someone.
Intrepid

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 12:39 pm
@Mame,
You should be able to connect the phone to the computer with a USB cable. |It needs a mini connector for the phone. Then, you can access the phone like an external drive and just copy to the PC.

Butrflynet -- Prepaid is really not the way to go with internet access. A data plan is much, much cheaper.
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 01:54 pm
@thack45,
I got a cable but it was for charging the phone on an electrical outlet. No cable with a usb plug.

I do have one similar to that from one of my digital cameras. Can I do any damage to the phone by trying that cable on it? It only has the one port on it, the one used to charge the phone.

Edit: Just tried it, and none of the connectors are the right shape. I'll have to take it up to Radio Shack and see if they can help me with a cable.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 02:10 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:
Butrflynet -- Prepaid is really not the way to go with internet access. A data plan is much, much cheaper.

I won't be using the internet access much. If I can find the correct cable to do image transfers, I won't be using it at all unless I didn't map out the route before driving and need to use MapQuest.

I only turn on the cell phone when I'm out of the house so BBB can reach me. I've barely used 300 air minutes in the last two years. So far, I've just been using the new phone for texting with my brother over the holidays.

I used it a couple days ago to take some photos of Diane at the dog park surrounded by half a dozen kids and dogs. Wanted to get them on my PC so I could edit them, get her approval and share them with folks on A2K.

I'm ready to give up on it for now and just take more with my digital camera.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2012 02:10 pm
@thack45,
Quote:
That looks like an LG 500g.

You are correct.
0 Replies