is perfect boring?

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 05:41 pm
if life were perfect, then we would have no challenges, and no conflict. isnt the challenge and conflict in life what makes it interesting???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,859 • Replies: 8
No top replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 05:53 pm
@hamilton,
If life were perfect it would be so in part because it was full of meaningful challenges.
hamilton

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 05:54 pm
@JLNobody,
hmmm... i always thought of a perfect world as one without challenges at all... you have just changed my view on that. (its now complete bull)
JLNobody

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 05:55 pm
@hamilton,
Perfect!
hamilton

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 05:56 pm
@JLNobody,
YAY! I IS SMART!!!
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 06:49 pm
@hamilton,
Quote:
is perfect boring?
I'm perfect and I'm not boring .
0 Replies

north

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 06:55 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

If life were perfect it would be so in part because it was full of meaningful challenges.

like why is life perfect in the first place ? and how did life become that way , for instance ?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 07:30 pm
@north,
You guys have to come back down to earth where it is not perfect.

Life is full of challenges - good and bad - and it's up to the individual to make the best of what they believe are important to their own lives.

Most on this planet do not have many choices; a minority of us who were lucky enough to have above average genes (good health) and the right environment could optimize what we consider a good life. Even the value of what one considers a good life is a subjective one.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 09:32 pm
I think Dr. Pangloss was right. This IS the best of all possible worlds. Why? Because right now there is no possible world other than the one occurring right now.
0 Replies