Afghanistan War Over

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 08:44 pm
Is it really? How many soldiers and how much equipment is still there?

roger

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 08:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well, we declared victory and we can all go home.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 08:58 pm
I bet they are still at it after Obama leaves office.
roger

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 09:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
Oh, all right! Our next pres can declare victory.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 09:04 pm
@roger,
Hope the next Pres has the wit to get our boys and equipment out before declaring victory next time.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 11:07 pm

I thought it was cheaper to leave equipment behind (heavy equipment at least).

Anyway, we still have troops in Japan and Germany. Is WWII over?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 05:25 am
@oralloy,
Are they still fighting and using drones in Japan and Germany? If so, the media neglected to let me know.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 03:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
If so, the media neglected to let me know.

So.....it really doesn't give you an accurate picture of things anyway. And apparently Japan and Germany are not national security issues.

It is more than clear Muslims are not going to kill terrorists. If they don't who will?http://www.alien-earth.org/images/smileys/s1057.gif
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 04:23 pm
Here is something I don't understand. People like you hate Muslims. Most of Muslim terrorist victims are other Muslims. You should be over there fighting alongside of them.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 10:13 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
People like you hate Muslims.

No, people like you can't think of anything else to say. The things Islam sanctions and does are brutal and barbaric. You can hate their actions without hating the Muslim.

I am sorry that your quest to be the magic liberal is just a bunch of ****.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 10:38 am
I was under the impression the withdrawal date wasn't until sometime around 2016?

In any case, I know it is too little but the US has released five more Guantanamo prisoners.

U.S. Releases 5 Guantanamo Prisoners, Sends Them To Kazakhstan
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2015 07:58 am
Quote:
The Afghan government is investigating new reports that Taliban leader Mullah Omar has died, a spokesman said.

The Taliban has yet to comment on the claim, which was made by top sources within the Afghan administration and intelligence agency.

The sources said the reclusive militant leader had died two to three years ago.

The latest claims of Mullah Omar's death are being taken more seriously than previous such reports. The Taliban is expected to issue a statement soon.

A spokesman for Afghan President Ashraf Ghani said on Wednesday that the authorities were trying to verify the reports.

"As soon as we get any more authentication... we're going to let the media and the people of Afghanistan know about that," Sayed Zafar Hashemi said.

The Afghan government, elected last year, has embarked on a peace process with the Taliban.

A security official in Pakistan, the country hosting the talks, told the Associated Press news agency that the claims of Mullah Omar's death were mere "speculation", designed to destabilise the negotiations.

Taliban spokesman Qari Yousef Ahmadi, quoted by Sky News, said that Mullah Omar was "still alive and leading the movement".

But a second spokesman, Zabiullah Mujahid, told the BBC a statement would be made in the coming hours.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-33703097
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 06:47 am
Quote:
The Taliban have appointed a successor to Mullah Omar, their leader who was reported dead by the Afghan government on Wednesday, the BBC has been told.

Mullah Akhtar Mansour, Mullah Omar's deputy, will replace him, sources close to the Taliban leadership said.

Correspondents say the move is likely to divide the militants, and that many senior figures opposed the appointment.

Pakistan says peace talks it was due to hold between the Afghan government and the Taliban have been postponed.

The Taliban had earlier distanced themselves from the talks, which correspondents said was a further sign of division within the group.

It is thought some in the Taliban would have preferred Omar's son to succeed him, and accuse circles within the movement close to Pakistan of imposing Mullah Mansour on them.

There has been no confirmation yet from Pakistan on Omar's death.

The Taliban leader died two years ago in a Karachi hospital according to Afghanistan, but Pakistan has always denied that he was in the country.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-33721074<br />
0 Replies