Iran establishing missile bases in Venezuela

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 03:24 pm
http://themoderatevoice.com/110698/venezuela-missile-base-to-offer-iran-capacity-to-strike-enemies-die-welt-germany/

Quote:

Days ago, Germany’s Die Welt published an investigative report on a secret agreement between Venezuela and Iran for a joint medium-range missile base on Venezuelan soil. The 1,100 word article by columnist Clemens Wergin, outlines not only the location of the base, but offers details on its design and strategic purpose, which will not only pose a threat to the United States, but to Venezuela’s Latin American adversaries, including Colombia....

No real American president would tolerate this ****. In fact JFK DIDN'T tolerate that sort of **** when Russians tried it.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 736 • Replies: 13

JTT

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 03:33 pm
@gungasnake,
It's okay for the US to put missiles in sovereign countries that ask and allow them but it's not a right of Venezuela, a sovereign country, to do the same.

How do you figure that?
gungasnake

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 03:41 pm
@JTT,
Find a medium and ask JFK how he figured it. JFK was the last real dem president.
Foofie

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 03:49 pm
Now why would Iran want to foment instability in Latin American? A Christian hemisphere also? What am I not understanding?
JTT

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 03:53 pm
@gungasnake,
I asked you, ya good ole American hypocrite.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 03:57 pm
@Foofie,
Another good ole American hypocrite. If the USA can sell arms around the globe in a volume that is greater than the next, at least five countries put together, plus throwing in the CIA to foment unbelievable amounts of trouble everywhere, what might be the problem with a sovereign nation like Venezuela buy missiles to protect itself from US terrorism and hegemony?
Foofie

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 04:40 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Another good ole American hypocrite. If the USA can sell arms around the globe in a volume that is greater than the next, at least five countries put together, plus throwing in the CIA to foment unbelievable amounts of trouble everywhere, what might be the problem with a sovereign nation like Venezuela buy missiles to protect itself from US terrorism and hegemony?

Thank you for referring to me as a "good ole American."

Well, we are not going to just stand by, I believe, and allow Venezuela to intimidate Columbia. In my opinion, the current administration is too flaccid to address the issue well. We must be patient, until someone comes into the White House that remembers the Alamo, or some such attitude.
JTT

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 05:02 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
Well, we are not going to just stand by, I believe, and allow Venezuela to intimidate Columbia.

This is most important part you missed, the hypocrite part coming in a few lines late. You've stood and sat silent while your governments have not only intimidated but have slaughtered or aided and abetted the slaughter of millions.
Ionus

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 05:05 pm
@JTT,
I am surprised you can even spell the word, given your avoidance of any introspection .

Do you understand anything about a world power and a regional power ? Nothing at all ? Of course if Venezuela and Iran use their missiles it will be to counter the Imperialist Running Dogs....they would never use weapons against the Freedom Loving Victorious Workers of the Motherland .
JTT

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 05:20 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Do you understand anything about a ...

How very insightful of you? In addition to being a big W writer, now you're a political commentator.

What a doofus!
Ionus

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 05:24 pm
@JTT,
Answer the question, drop kick...why does a regional power need missiles ? Do you understand the difference between a regional power and a world power ? HINT : it involves the economy and location of the state...
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 05:30 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Well, we are not going to just stand by, I believe, and allow Venezuela to intimidate Columbia.

This is most important part you missed, the hypocrite part coming in a few lines late. You've stood and sat silent while your governments have not only intimidated but have slaughtered or aided and abetted the slaughter of millions.

"Hypocrite"? And, how can one stand and sit silent at the same time?

You are off topic.
JTT

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 06:05 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
"Hypocrite"?

Yes, Foofie, you are a terrible hypocrite, a gigantic hypocrite.

Quote:
And, how can one stand and sit silent at the same time?

Don't try and do language. You know squat about how language works.

The present perfect use in,

you've stood and sat silent while ...

shows a progression of time. It does not point to a set point in time. It is the same progression of time that one sees in,

Foofie has lived in the US for [___] years.
Ionus

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 06:11 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
you are a terrible hypocrite, a gigantic hypocrite.
The sort of hypocrite who allows war criminals to go without criticism whilst finding any link possible to the USA and labeling every man woman and child (including babies) as a war criminal...THAT sort of hypocrite ?

Quote:
The present perfect use in,
you've stood and sat silent while ...
Laughing My God but you are delsuional....
0 Replies