Wisconsin GOP takes deadly aim at envirowhack policies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 08:11 pm
Two obvious facts which Formerman leaves out of his calculations....

One is that even if the worlds automakers were to start producing only electric vehicles starting tommorrow, there would still be 25 years worth of gasoline and diesel vehicles on the road.

The other is that this demoKKKrat/green/obunga policy of thwarting all American energy initiatives other than windmills and extracting energy from pies falling out of the sky not only impoverishes us, but it enriches our enemies. The theory I'm still waiting to hear is how anybody thinks FDR and Ike might have prosecuted WW-II while buying oil from Adolf Hitler for $110/barrel. The money sent abroad to pay for energy which libtards won't let us produce here comes back here in the form of terrorism.

farmerman

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 10:31 pm
@gungasnake,
No such luck snorky. You embody the full frontal ignorance of the "Either this or that" policy. Noone in my poants has stated that we should abandon fossils. In fact, Ive been consistently saying that a transfer to a diesel or nat gas/propane economy is easily commited without major changes in infrastructure.
We never seem to embrace long term planning or engineering, we can only react quickly .

Battery technology advances will allow many new generations of real fuel economy hybrids much better than we have now. A gradual translation to electric vehicles with gas generator backup and thence to full e cars is an evolutionary thing that the market will soon recognize.

"Drill baby drill" as the only approach to energy needs is kind of a luddite approach especially since our huge home side energy deposits are gas not oil. ALso, our abilities at generating clean biodiesel can easily provide the next generation of trucks and busses (Even diesel hybrids are a possibility).

You are the one who seems to be stuck in a single groove snorky.
farmerman

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 10:48 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Vehicles that plug-in to recharge rely heavily on the burning of coal
who says? is coal the only thing that you see in your future? Even if it were so, the environmentl controls at a point sources are less diffuese than tailpipe emissions all over.
You are falling into the mindset that the D's and R's are mining to get their bases energized. You are an R therefore you want to ignore the entire means of alternative energy (including natural gas , biodiesel and nuclear). Dems seem to want to HALT the ongoing drilling for gas because of some technology deficiency that can be fixed if only people would start working on it rather than demonizing the energy source.
I get a kick out of listening to both sides argue from ends of the see saw. It seems that Georgeob and I are the only ones who are at least trying to be realistic and wish to approach the solutions from several angles .
gungasnake

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 01:48 am
@farmerman,
I'm not into either/or energy policies but it's clear enough that Bork Obunga is. The good news is that even one month of $5/gallon gas in America might suffice to kill the dem party for an entire generation.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 05:17 am
@farmerman,
It's a scientific fact.
farmerman

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 05:19 am
@gungasnake,
and all your GOP candidates are taqlking like Sarah? You are amazingly near sighted sometimes. You cant see beyond the Freep headlines
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 05:20 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
It's a scientific fact.

When I want anything from you, Ill hold up a kibble.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 05:21 am
@farmerman,
formerman got his butt hurt and resorts to childish behavior, who didn't see that coming Laughing
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 07:23 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
You are falling into the mindset that the D's and R's are mining to get their bases energized.

I've looked for ways to love the republican party and have never found one. But I do not get the absolute sense of loathing from pubbies that I get from democrats. I basically vote against democrats, i.e. for whoever has the best statistical shot at preventing a democrat from holding the public office in question. I have about five or six significant issues with republicans, but pretty much everything dems ever do is some sort of an issue, and they don't even offer any meaningful alternatives in the five or six areas where I have problems with republicans.

0 Replies