Wisconsin GOP takes deadly aim at envirowhack policies

JTT

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 09:57 am
@H2O MAN,
Do you mean like hating a group of people based solely on their sexual orientation so much that y'all want to deny them their rights?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 09:59 am
H2 Oboysays:
Quote:
Liberals are a hate filled bunch

kinda reminds you of pots calling kettles black, doesn't he, JTT?
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 10:02 am
@MontereyJack,
Liberals hate blacks
JTT

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 10:03 am
@MontereyJack,
That of course, MJ, but there's something more, something that I don't believe I've ever witnessed. Here's a guy that is so willing, so ready, so pumped to keep parading his ignorance, his [___].

It is really amazing and likely infectious. Now there's Renaldo too!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 10:04 am
H2 Oboy: Nope.
JTT

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 10:13 am
@H2O MAN,
Yeah, it was conservative groups like the Quakers that formed the underground railroad and sought to end slavery. Conservatives were at the forefront of the Abolitionist Movement.

Back in the 1800s, Conservatives, which equaled whites, had no thoughts of "conserving" slavery just as conservatives today have no thoughts about "conserving" the blatant discrimination against people based on their sexual orientation.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 10:23 am
@MontereyJack,
MJackoff, there's no hope for you.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 10:24 am
@JTT,
Your personal take on American history is laughable... thanks for sharing.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 10:44 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I live in a state where "Gilded Age" mining and resource stripping has fouled almost 33% of our 85000miles of streams.

That would be a legitimate concern. IF you actually are concerned with things like that, you need to set up and organize some sort of a rational environmental movement, the charter of which would forswear any interest or intentions in:

• Destroying the United States by throwing legal monkey-wrenches in every real energy initiative.
  • Attempting to substitute phony technologies (windmills, solar...) for real technologies and infrastructure.
  • Returning the planet's human population to medieval levels.
  • Shutting down major food production centers for snail darters.
  • Shutting down major oil production sites for 3" lizards.
  • Using precious food resources for fuel.
  • Preventing DDT and other effective technologies from protecting human lives.

etc. etc. etc. At the present time, environmentalists and their movement have zero credibility in the eyes of most Americans and certainly the voters of Wisconsin see it that way.
gungasnake

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 10:53 am
Latest on the humans vs "delta smelts(TM)" war front:

http://www.centralvalleybusinesstimes.com/stories/001/?ID=17733

Quote:
A settlement has been reached between a multitude of parties fighting over the tiny Delta smelt, a minnow-like fish that lives in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta and which might be on the verge of extinction.

The agreement, hammered out in U.S. District Court in Fresno, and signed by the state and federal governments, environmental groups, farmers, and water contractors, upholds the scientifically justified protections, including water pumping limits and limits on how many fish can be killed by the State Water Project and the Central Valley Project, which draw water out of the Delta for urban, rural and farming customers.

The agreement runs through June 30 and applies to the two water projects....

This is an abomination. The Central Valley used to produce a major fraction of American vegetables and has been shut down for a number of years now to protect "delta smelts(TM)". I assume it goes on because the poor people out there in Californicatia haven't figured a way to make the libtards doing this **** pay any sort of a personal price for it.

farmerman

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 11:12 am
@gungasnake,
sounding like doofus doesnt help your case at all. THe delta smelt is a "picket" species that is an indicatpr of overall health of the niche. They grow bazillions of tons of veggies in the "valley" and the only differences that have been applied are the decreased uses of water (A resource in jeopardy ) and ag chemicals(the central valley was a real cancer hotspot from overuse of EDB and DBCP in the 60;s and 70's. Thanks to the "ENVIROWHACKOS" your chances of dying of blood and renal cancer have been greatly decreased .
Water supplies are still fucked up cause itll take decades and maybe a century to flush it all out from the Corcorn Clay and the underlying aquifers.

SO, if you wanna be some smart ass who thinks that all those farm workers and citizens were just spontaneously dying of cancer, maybe you should drink a big glass of Krovar on the rocks.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 11:40 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:

Destroying the United States by throwing legal monkey-wrenches in every real energy initiative.

Attempting to substitute phony technologies (windmills, solar...) for real technologies and infrastructure.

Returning the planet's human population to medieval levels.

Shutting down major food production centers for snail darters.

Shutting down major oil production sites for 3" lizards.

Using precious food resources for fuel.

Preventing DDT and other effective technologies from protecting human lives.

You are mixing metaphors and programs snorky.
As far as shutting down industries, noone has supported that, you idiot libertarians want no regs while its been shown that no regs leads to chaos and public health problems. Im on record as having been a spokesman for the gas drilling industry with the proviso that it be done responsibly . OF LATE IT IS NOT and a recent study by Duke U has shown that gas is creeping up into water supplies and people can "light" their spigots. Thats a major issue. SO, Im allowed to modify any positions based upon what is right. Right now, gas drilling is harming the residents who live ner the fracked wells THAT IS A SCIENTIFIC FACT. Should we pay them off and get em to move until the gas is gone?

Your ignorance of the coal barons and the damage theyve done to the states of W Va, Ky, Md,Pa, and Ohio is well known. There are streams in those states with pH's of 2 and 3 (fish cant live in em and the water is unpotable and loaded with heavy metals)If you deny that all the coal mining states have destroyed upwards of 1/3 their streamways in a fashion that may be irreparable then youre head is too far up your ass to b e able to talk common sense with you..

Your stupid position on DDT is well understood here. Thats a position that you probably mined from some right wing talk show host who doesnt understand genetics and denies evolution like you. The fact is that bugs become immune to DDT in about 5 generations (and for mosquitoes in the tropics thats a matter of 8 or so months). Youve argued unsuccessfully the point that you believe re: DDT and science disagrees with you in all points

Im dead set against any ethanol production because ethanolt does not increase anything but profits to distillers. The use of ethanol in gas is actually a deterrent to good gas mileage and ruins an engine just as badly as the old "tetraethyl lead" scam.

The real successes in the environmental movements have shown up in a very large part to convince industries that environmental stewardship and good public health policies are also good business. Mining responsibly can be done and dont think it got done by the mining companies suddenly opening their eyes one day. I work for mining claims and I spend half my time trying to convince the owners and drillers to practice sound reclamation processes and prevent pollution from ground water and surface water intermixing.
Ive helped several industries in the iron range to spend money on expensive extraction quipment that removed asbestos from the mill tailings and, at the same time allowed the mining of lower grade ores. Such a piece of equipment was instralled at a cost of 65 million and payed fopr itsel in less than two years due to the increased ore production.
Other cpmpanies just kept dumping their asbestos into the Great Lakes and eventually caused them a suit for cleanup. My company made money and was spared environmnetal suits, the loser companies lost big chunks of profits, many heads rolled, and those companies "saw the light"

You really dont have any idea what you are talking about. Ive been doing this for over 30 years and I started a college paper on using environmental pollution prevention as a business strategy the year after the Cayuhoga River caught fire in Ohio. My paper was an invitation to a great grad school , and I never looked back.
There is no fight about protecting snail darters v mining. WE CAN DO BOTH, and if you would stop being so politically motivated by some worldview that is basically Paleozoic, then maybe you could understand that todays environmental businesses arent involved in CLeaning up the past mucks as much as they are trying to convince their clients to prevent new ones and be responsible, sustainable, while still moving forward.

farmerman

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 11:48 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Destroying the United States by throwing legal monkey-wrenches in every real energy initiative.
I had to highlight this one as an example where the "two party system" has it wrong on both sides. The righties only want to hear about "drill baby drill". The lefties only want to hear about alternative energy and conservation. WE NEED BOTH, and until the parties are at loggerheads we aint going anywhere. I listen to you and that idiot H2O man (who rarely has anything intelligent to say anyway) and , pf course Okie and all I hear is thios mantra of more petroleum. Thats basically stupid by itself. We should be uing these resources and changing to a gas economy nd col gasification (most of the coal thats left in the Appalachians is too close to inhabited areas and mining would cause major problems) . Gasification can result from steam injection or COs discharge into fracked coal measures.
As this is going on we need to be doing advanced research into battery tech, solar power, geothermal, nuke, etc.

Both sides have it wrong and both sides have a piece pf the right answer.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 11:50 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Right now, gas drilling is harming the residents who live ner the fracked wells THAT IS A SCIENTIFIC FACT. Should we pay them off and get em to move until the gas is gone?

The solution is simple, filter the water at the point of entry and the point of use and make it safe to use and drink. The cost to the drilling company and the homeowner will be minimal.

Farmerman, how do you feel about coal mining in this country?
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 11:51 am
@farmerman,
It's a shame you are so closed minded, you miss many chances to learn something new.
farmerman

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 12:04 pm
@H2O MAN,
Talking to you is like talking to a budgie, your vocabulary is limited, you are bereft of ideas, and you constantly repeat awhat youve heard from your dimwitted radio talk show leaders.

farmerman

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 12:08 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
The solution is simple, filter the water at the point of entry and the point of use and make it safe to use and drink. The cost to the drilling company and the homeowner will be minimal.
These are wells dipshit. The water and gas entry points could be anywhere. Repair os stupid. Its actually much cheaper to install a new well with a maximal grout program.

No reputable water treatment company has any gas collection system that will protect a water supply (or a house foundation) from leaking gas.
Several homes have exploded in Pa. One last year killed 3 kids who were inside sleeping and the mother went and turned on the shower which kicke on the well pump and the whole house went up.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 12:19 pm
@farmerman,
It's no surprise to me that Farmer is not aware... IT'S A SCIENTIFIC FACT that well water can be filtered and purified. The reduction of gasses in ground water is rather easy. Farmer, you are obviously in way over your head when it comes to treating problem well water.

Back to my question: What are your thoughts concerning coal mining in this country?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 12:20 pm
@farmerman,
Your facade needs some repair, we can see through the cracks.
I'm sure you have some book smarts, but your real world experience appears to be limited.
You live in the farmlands of PA... you should know much more about well water than you do.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 12:40 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:

I had to highlight this one as an example where the "two party system" has it wrong on both sides. The righties only want to hear about "drill baby drill". The lefties only want to hear about alternative energy and conservation. WE NEED BOTH, and until the parties are at loggerheads we aint going anywhere. I listen to you and that idiot H2O man (who rarely has anything intelligent to say anyway) and , pf course Okie and all I hear is thios mantra of more petroleum. Thats basically stupid by itself. We should be uing these resources and changing to a gas economy nd col gasification (most of the coal thats left in the Appalachians is too close to inhabited areas and mining would cause major problems) . Gasification can result from steam injection or COs discharge into fracked coal measures.
As this is going on we need to be doing advanced research into battery tech, solar power, geothermal, nuke, etc.

Both sides have it wrong and both sides have a piece pf the right answer.

I agree 100% with your above post. The stance taken by the two parties seems to be simply our way or no way. A perfect example of the idiocy of Washington politics where neither can or will admit that the other side has a valid concern.