Did Waterboarding lead to the death of Osama?

parados

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 07:53 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Your scenario is ridiculous Renaldo. If it was realistic then there would be examples of it actually happening. The TV show "24" is fiction.
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 08:06 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:
What is an analogy? The thug thing? You're mistaken. Analogies are examples in non-literal terms. We are discussing the topic of torture to get information, and our example is one of using torture to get information. That's not what an analogy is. That's just an example; a prototype; an illustration.

http://i.imm.io/5sRm.png

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/8836/themoreyouknow.gif
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 08:11 am
@parados,
How many times have muslim terrorists flown airliners into buildings full of people?
parados

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 08:24 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Are you confusing reality with fiction again Renaldo?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 08:29 am
@parados,
I'm not one of the idiots around here still wanting everyone to believe waterboarding didn't work.
parados

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 08:39 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
No, you are the idiot that thinks it works all the time.

Do you also think every terrorist plot ended up with planes crashing into buildings?

It was stated earlier that sometimes waterboarding can lead to intelligence but it is less likely than other methods.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 09:07 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

You can't reply to my scenario so you make up one of your own. After you criticize mine for being unlikely, you then go off into fantasy land even more with your own. Pass that joint around.
Fantasy land even more? So you were in fantasy land to begin with.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 09:13 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

I'm not one of the idiots around here still wanting everyone to believe waterboarding didn't work.

Define "work."

If a technique for solving a problem works once and fails 99 times, does it work?

I suspect waiving a dead chicken over a magic eightball "works" as often as torture.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 09:20 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

My point happened to be that it should be an ethical debate.

I've been thinking about this. The problem is that you need a common moral framework to have such a discussion. I can't find that with "the end justifies the means" people.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 09:41 am
@parados,
Doesn't matter what someone said. The FACT is it lead to info that led to the death of Osama. You keep spinning.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 09:43 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Doesn't matter what someone said. The FACT is it lead to info that led to the death of Osama. You keep spinning.

So you were an eyewitness of said waterboarding?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 09:44 am
@DrewDad,
It worked because Osama is dead and Leon Panetta said it was from enhanced interrogations. Deal with it.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 09:45 am
@Walter Hinteler,
No. Are you calling Leon Panetta a liar?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 09:51 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

No. I've read that he hinted that enhanced interrogation techniques were used.
I've missed that he said it was a fact that this was waterboarding.
But - as you said earlier - I should return to this site when I speak proper English ...
DrewDad

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 10:03 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

It worked because Osama is dead and Leon Panetta said it was from enhanced interrogations. Deal with it.

This is called confirmation bias. Information that agrees with your views is accepted; information that disagrees is rejected.

Did you even read the articles posted here that described other investigative techniques?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 10:23 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Leon Panetta said useful info that led to the death of Osama was obtained by enhanced interrogtion techniques. That means waterboarding proved useful.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 10:27 am
@DrewDad,
This is called the truth. Leon Panetta said info was obtained from enhanced interrogation that led to Osama's death.

Now you may not like that and we know it does not line up with your agenda, but you will have to accept reality or continue living in your left wing ideological fog. The "bias" is in your lap, pal.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 10:32 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

yes
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 10:37 am
@djjd62,
Present your evidence.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 10:40 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Leon Panetta said useful info that led to the death of Osama was obtained by enhanced interrogtion techniques. That means waterboarding proved useful.

Thank you. I honestly like it when my English is improved by your knowledgeable teaching.
0 Replies