Did Waterboarding lead to the death of Osama?

failures art

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 02:35 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

"doesn't" would be the correct word there, not "don't". I bet you attended our wonderful public school system.

I appreciate that you wish to help people here, RD. I then assume you wish for people to point out the errors your make in spelling, grammar, and formal logic that you received in home school?

I'll keep that in mind and help you like you help others.

A
R
T
failures art

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 02:38 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Being a security guard at the welfare office doesn't make you a member of our national defense.

I'm not a security guard. I'm an engineer, and I work directly in National Defense here in DC. If you are interested in the topic, I'm more than happy to share with you what I can given your lack of clearance. I think people should learn more so they can make informed opinions.

I'd be glad to help you.

A
R
T
Linkat

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 02:52 pm
From ABC news:

"At a hearing today before the House Judiciary Committee, Attorney General Eric Holder was asked if the intelligence that lead to the operation was derived from any enhanced interrogation techniques. "There was a mosaic of sources," he said.

Rep. Dan Lungren, R-Calif., asked the attorney general whether the public could rest assured that the intelligence did not involve enhanced techniques.

"I do not know," Holder testified. "

Seems fishy - why I say whether it was waterboarding or some other means of torture - they are not going to say. If they did not use such methods then why wouldn't Holder say so? I am not critizing - I mean it got the job done and these are bad guys. I just think it is naive that they convinced these guys to give information by being nice to them.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/osama-bin-laden-dead-renews-debate-waterboarding-interrogation/story?id=13518686&page=1

Truthbuster

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 03:01 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
RWingnuts are going crazy, so jealous that it was Democrat Obama who did what GOP Bush failed to do in 8 years, now trying to take claim for President Obama's masterful management of Osama Bin Laden's seizure, by lying that Bush Administration waterboarding actually led to Bin Laden's demise. Isn't it curious...RW has never once before mentioned this courier when defending their 183 uses of waterboarding with Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and what he apparently revealed.

Besides, Donald Rumsfeld, Bush Administration Defense Secretary, confirmed that Waterboarding DID NOT net the intel that led to bin Laden.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/05/03/972665/-Rumsfeld-confirms:-Waterboarding-did-not-net-intelligence-that-led-to-binLaden

Plus, George Bush told Americans in 2002 that he didn't care about Osama Bin Laden any more - seeking him out for 9/11 justice was no longer a Bush priority:

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

Such a shame Republicans and RWingnuts don't have the grace and ethics to give credit where it's due - - Obama, his national security team, and the awesome Navy SEALS Team 6 (who Obama already used to release hostages held by pirates).
Linkat

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 03:06 pm
@Truthbuster,
Actually I don't think it is necessarily Bush's waterboarding - but could be some other stuff going on more recently under Obama.

It has nothing to do with politics -
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 03:20 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
Yep - I wouldn't doubt it - we are not privy to what goes on - I am sure there are lots of stuff going on that isn't pretty - it may not be waterboarding perhaps, but maybe something else - maybe something even worse.

I think it would be very naive to think there was no torture involved.

Not waterboarding, per se, but some type of harsh technique to 'encourage' cooperation, sounds like.

Secret prisons still operating throughout Afghanistan

Quote:
Human rights advocates say the severest of the Bush-era interrogation methods are gone, but the conditions at the new interrogation sites still raise questions. Obama pledged when he took office that the United States would not torture anyone, but former detainees describe harsh treatment that some human rights groups claim borders on inhumane.

More than a dozen former detainees claimed they were menaced and held for weeks at the Joint Special Operations Command site last year, forced to strip naked, then kept in solitary confinement in windowless, often cold cells with lights on 24 hours a day, according to Daphne Eviatar of the group Human Rights First, which interviewed them in Afghanistan.

Eviatar said her monitoring group does not believe the JSOC facility is using the full range of Bush-era interrogation techniques, but she said there's a disturbing pattern of using fear and humiliation to soften up the suspects before interrogation.

0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 03:42 pm
@parados,
Yeah, that'll show them terrorists.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 03:43 pm
@failures art,
Your opinion is no more than that. Your opinion. You're a pissant making a little noise in a big jungle.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 03:45 pm
@failures art,
Thanks. I've already helped you. I think we shold all look out for one another, especially those that are indoctrinated by our public school system.

I have a question for you? I thought Obama said he wanted Miranda rights for terrorists captured on the battlefield? Right? How can our soldiers read them their rights if we kill them?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 03:46 pm
@failures art,
You're so full of ****. Have people on this site bought your game?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 03:50 pm
@Linkat,
This administration will not admit that "enhanced interrogation techniques" played a big part in this. The American people will make up their own mind. It'll be fun to watch the left dodge and weave this one.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 04:02 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
<yawn>

Your perfervid zeal to defend and promote your ideology is hackneyed, at this point.

You will repeat right wing talking points endlessly, even long after they've been shown to be empty of fact and/or persuasive value.

You will ignore facts, insights, and nuance.

You will respond vacuously or venomously.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 04:11 pm
@DrewDad,
The NY Times and the Washington Post say the info came from enhanced interrogation techniques of the Bush administration. Suck on that for a while.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 04:27 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Your opinion is no more than that. Your opinion.

Grammar correction: Your full stop should have been a colon. "Your opinion is a sentence fragment by itself. I'm sure you remember from home school.

You are correct that my opinion is my own. That's hardly a major statement. your opinion is your own as well. In the end we are discussing a national security topic and your opinion is that of a country music singer, and mine is that of a national security essential personnel. So we are clear, I'm still very interested in the opinion of a country music singer, so please continue.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

You're a pissant making a little noise in a big jungle.

Your opinion on me is noted. It is not material to the thread.

A
R
T
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 04:30 pm
@failures art,
BS on your grammar correction. Why don't you tell us what lies are in the NY Times and Washington Post? They both stated that enhanced interrogation techniques led to the killing of Osama. Watch out. You're staggering. You're a big phoney. Do you really expect me to take your BS seriously?
failures art

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 04:34 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Thanks. I've already helped you. I think we shold all look out for one another, especially those that are indoctrinated by our public school system.

Me too. I also find it important to help home-schooled students when I meet them in public places and on the internet. Often they, at no fault of their own, lack exposure to some topics.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

I have a question for you?

Grammar correction: This is a statement, not a question. You should have ended with a full stop, not a question mark.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

I thought Obama said he wanted Miranda rights for terrorists captured on the battlefield? Right?

I'm not familiar with this claim. Help me by providing a quote from Obama verbatim.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

How can our soldiers read them their rights if we kill them?

They cannot. Provide the Obama quote, and then we can discuss this question combined with the death warrant issued on Friday and discuss details.

A
R
T
failures art

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 04:36 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

You're so full of ****.

Your opinion on me is noted. It is immaterial to the thread.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Have people on this site bought your game?

I'm not selling any games.

Are you no longer interested in talking about waterboarding's non-use in this event?

A
R
T
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 04:36 pm
@failures art,
Here is what I think you really should do. When you see something you're not familiar with, do some research so you are more informed when you step into the ring. Thanks.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 04:38 pm
@failures art,
You have not responded to the point about the NY Times and the Washington Post stating the enhanced interrogation techniques of the Bush administration led to the killing of Osama. Why do you disagree with the NY Times and the Washington Post?
failures art

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 04:43 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

BS on your grammar correction.

Don't be over-sensitive. There is nothing to be ashamed of. I'm sure you are very skilled at lots of things. I'm only trying to help you. You like to help others.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Why don't you tell us what lies are in the NY Times and Washington Post?

Provide the articles you're referring, and we can discuss the details.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

They both stated that enhanced interrogation techniques led to the killing of Osama.

Citation request.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Watch out.

Watch out for what?

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

You're staggering.

Would you care to explain with examples?

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

You're a big phoney.

I'm being very genuine and sincere.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Do you really expect me to take your BS seriously?

I don't have any expectations on you regarding how you react to my posts. My only expectation of you is that you support your claims so that I may respond and we can have a fact based discussion.

A
R
T
0 Replies