Did Waterboarding lead to the death of Osama?

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:55 am
@failures art,
You don't know they haven't been effective. There sure are a lot of people running around the USA saying they did work. They are in a position to know. You aren't. Since you are willing to lie to make your point, I don't see why your pals would hesitate to lie also.
raprap

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 07:05 am
@Renaldo Dubois,

Boobie, do you still waterboarding your favorite sheep for jebus?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 07:28 am
@raprap,
So I'm supposed to change my opinion because some idiot named "Mancow" says waterboarding is torture? That's funny.
raprap

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 07:38 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Am I to take someone named Murdock seriously?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mancow_Muller

Better get back to your sheep Boobie--I can hear them bleating for you.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 07:59 am
@raprap,
I never said you had to take Murdoch seriously. Murdoch isn't the issue. Waterboarding is the issue. A lot of people who know a lot more than either of us are saying it worked. You can't accept that. Looks like you have a problem and it has nothing to do with Murdoch.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 08:08 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:
A lot of people who know a lot more than either of us are saying it worked.

Interesting response.

How many people from A2K do you know, RD?
And how many of those who say that it worked do you know?
raprap

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 08:14 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Waterboarding is torture. Torture is a piss poor method of determining factual information as the tortured will generally tell the torturer what they want to know.

Real intelligence requires work, only the lazy and the stupid resort to torture as intelligence gathering. That is unless the interrogator is a psychopath--

BTW the mathematics of game theory is far more effective than coercion under physical threat--ask any cop.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 08:41 am
@raprap,
Wikipedia is not considered a scholarly site by its founder and college professors. Try again.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 08:42 am
@Walter Hinteler,
None of you have access to the info. The head of the CIA does and he said enhanced interrogation worked. If he's lying, now is the time to show us.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 08:43 am
@raprap,
That's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. There is no law against being wrong.
raprap

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 08:49 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
For a simple biography of a contemporary radio personality---get a grip boobie. That dog won't hunt.

Want additional sources

This from the Wiki references

Quote:
References

1.^ Bachman, Katy (11 July 2006). "'Mancow' Exits Chicago's WKQX-FM". Mediaweek. Retrieved 23 May 2009.[dead link]
2.^ Rosenthal, Phil (22 October 2008). "Mancow Muller to join WLS-AM lineup". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 23 May 2009.
3.^ "Radio earthquake: Mancow & Cassidy out at WLS | Feder". blogs.vocalo.org. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
4.^ "News Talk Radio 77 WABC New York". Wabcradio.com. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
5.^ Feder, Robert (1989-12-31). "Dreck, lies and videotape: On the air in '89". Chicago Sun-Times: p. 1
6.^ a b Kaufman, Gil (28 July 2003). "Limp Bizkit Walk Offstage After Chicago Crowd Gets Hostile". MTV. Retrieved 23 May 2009.
7.^ "Industry News: Bizkit Too Limp". dB Magazine 315. 28 October 2003. Retrieved 23 May 2009.
8.^ "Fans sue Limp Bizkit over walkout". BBC News. 9 October 2003. Retrieved 23 May 2009.
9.^ "Mancow Roars Back In Chi-Town". 2009-03-30. Retrieved 2010-05-29.
10.^ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/10/mancow-muller-and-pat-cas_n_457134.html
11.^ http://www.fcc.gov/Speeches/Tristani/Statements/2001/stgt146a.pdf - Letter from FCC Enforcement Bureau's Charles W. Kelley to David Smith, 7/2/01
12.^ http://www.fcc.gov/Speeches/Tristani/Statements/2001/stgt146.html - Press Statement of Commissioner Gloria Tristani Re: Enforcement Bureau Letter Ruling Regarding Indecency Complaints Against WKQX (FM), Chicago, Illinois
13.^ "Mancow Drops Lawsuit Against Anti-Indecency Advocate - 8-3-04". Radioink.com. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
14.^ "Multiple media sources report that Emmis Communications has signed a consent decree with the FCC". Radiohottalk.com. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
15.^ http://www.radioink.com/HeadlineEntry.asp?hid=124080&pt=archive">Decency Activist David Smith To FCC: Don’t Renew Emmis Licenses - 8-10-04
16.^ Talk Radio Network (28 November 2005). "Mancow Pursues Hit&Run Driver Who Ran-Down Cowboy Ray". Press release. Retrieved 23 May 2009.
17.^ Schulte, Sarah (21 November 2005). "'Cowboy Ray' critically injured in hit-and-run". ABC News. Retrieved 23 May 2009.
18.^ a b Toomey, Shamus (12 January 2006). "Hit-run fatal to Mancow's 'Cowboy Ray': $13,000 reward for ID of driver who struck him Nov. 20, radio host says". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 23 May 2009.
19.^ "AMW Fugitive Data File For Unknown Cowboy Ray Killer". America's Most Wanted. Retrieved 23 May 2009.
20.^ a b Pollyea, Ryan (22 May 2009). "Mancow Water boarded, Admits It's Torture". NBC News. Retrieved 23 May 2009.
21.^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tqZwWYWAiA
22.^ Byrne, John (22 May 2009). "Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before saying its torture". The Raw Story. Retrieved 23 May 2009.[dead link]
23.^ "Did Erich 'Mancow' Muller Fake His Waterboarding for Publicity?". Gawker.com. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
24.^ "Mancow's 'Waterboarding' Was Completely Fake". Gawker.com. 2009-05-29. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
25.^ "Did Erich 'Mancow' Muller fake his own waterboarding? Glub, glub". The Los Angeles Times.
26.^ "Mancow Addresses Accusation That His Waterboarding Was A Hoax (VIDEO)". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2010-10-07.

Rap

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 08:53 am
@raprap,
Waterboarding isn't torture and you will have to live with the fact that millions of Americans disagree with you.

Wiki is not a scholarly source.
raprap

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 08:58 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
I would consider the source and consider two options;

The head of the CIA is a reasonable man and rationalizes an unreasonable act as conscious protection.

The head of the CIA is a political animal and makes statements to protect his politics.

I personally thank gawd that waterboarding was discontinued eight years ago when it came to the attention of the American people. It reaffirms my faith in the American people--
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 09:01 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
Waterboarding is torture and you will have to live with the fact that millions of Americans disagree with you.

What a change the removal two little letters can make.
raprap

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 09:03 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Not opinion boobie--simple reproducible science.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 09:04 am
@raprap,
Another example of your dishonesty. Very revealing.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 09:07 am
@raprap,
Why is waterboarding considered torture and shooting an unarmed man in the face isn't?
raprap

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 09:24 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Changing the subject again, boobie. Typical of you.

All right--if it was a cop, I would consider it unreasonable to shoot an unarmed suspect. But seal team 6 aren't cops, they're soldiers and as such they were trained as soldiers and given defined 'rules of engagement' for the mission.

They were expressly instructed that any male was to be treated as hostile unless naked. Osama wasn't naked, he was hostile and immediately rendered ineffectual.

BTW clothing was considered a mask for a potential suicide bomb and since women have also been suicide bombers I consider it amazing that Osama's youngest wife survived.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 09:37 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Waterboarding isn't torture.

Then you disagree with our own armed forces who receive waterboarding as training on torture resistance?

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

One more thing. When you replied about abortion you said you would fight the government if they try to legislate your body. Abortion isn't about your "body'. It's about the human being inside your "body". I think you have a few cells in your noggin that are losing power.

Thank you for your opinion, however, the mother's body is most definitely a part of pregnancy. Her physiology literally changes. That means she is custodian of the rights of the unborn, and may choose as she sees fit for her. Between the standard of viability, and our current laws, the is a balance of interests of the woman, then unborn, and the state.

A
R
T
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 09:42 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

You don't know they haven't been effective.

You have not answered my questions about you being taken captive and waterboarded/tortured. If it is effective, you must be admitting, that you'd ultimately give up the information that would ultimately harm or kill your loved ones. So which is it?

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

There sure are a lot of people running around the USA saying they did work.

No more than those who say it did not. Your point?

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

They are in a position to know. You aren't.

Except they aren't. The people in the know give the credit to other methods.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Since you are willing to lie to make your point, I don't see why your pals would hesitate to lie also.

I have not lied, and who are my "pals" that you are referring to?

A
R
T
0 Replies