Hypothetical question on daylight science and seeing the stars during daytime....

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 08:29 pm
Dreamed something Saturday morning. Figured if I don't write about it now, then I'd just as well as forget the whole thing (possible idea for a science fiction novel). Without going into much detail (not in the mood to type out several pages of contextual details that just might make the one simple question blurry and confusing) on the dream itself. The dream involved possible covert alien manipulation of my eyes (the protagonists) so I unknowingly could see stars during the daytime and some alien activity that would have been hidden during the daytime because the activity would have been hidden by the sun's light.

Since in my dream I wasn't feeling too well and that I could see stars at the time, in my dream I believed it was nighttime. Until I asked someone in that dream what time it was and they mentioned it was 4:00PM.

Theoretical concept behind an idea for science fiction:
Could one filter out sunlight during the daytime and see stars as if it actually nighttime during the day? I'm aware the actual science of genetic and physical manipulation of the eyeball doesn't exist. Just asking if any part of the solar spectrum (sunlight) could be filtered in order for stars to be visible during the daytime while the observer is on the ground.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 902 • Replies: 4

roger

Reply Sun 1 May, 2011 09:41 pm
@tsarstepan,
Not a filter, but here's a story I heard. If you look heavenwards with a long enough, or narrow enough (I forget which) it will block all extraneous light and you can see some stars. Alien malfactors were not addressed.

It's funny, you know. I had a dream Saturday or Sunday, too. It was horrible.
laughoutlood

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 04:00 am
@roger,
I thought I was exceptionally well behaved in your dream under the circumstances.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 04:50 am
@roger,
Was your dream Osama Bin Laden related Roger?

Plus I've heard in the past recent weeks that that looking up from a tunnel/bottom of a well scenario is an urban myth.
roger

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 08:35 am
@tsarstepan,
You are the one in an urb. Go look and report back.
0 Replies