Spoiler = ? ppl =?

contrex

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:17 am
@JTT,
Do you have trouble imagining how neurotypicals think?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:23 am
@contrex,
Quote:
Maybe I'm being dumb here,

That's a possibility, C, as I have provided a link that would have explained all for you.
contrex

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:28 am
@JTT,
Pls answer

Do you have trouble imagining how neurotypicals think?

JTT

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:42 am
@contrex,
Not in the least. The Peeves threads showed how a large group of neurotypicals think about language.

I must admit, and I think that this is what you're driving at, that I don't have a great deal of patience with neurotypicals who, all too typically, exhibit vacuous behavior when it comes to language.

Pls answer.

But what are you going on about? Have you gone to the link, have you got yourself up to speed on what is going on? Did you take my initial remarks about 'much more' in a personal fashion?
contrex

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:55 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
But what are you going on about?

I have deduced from your obsessive traits and profound lack of empathy and social skills that you are an Aspie. It was a "eureka!" moment. That's all. I will now cease peeking at your "ignored" posts.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:55 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

JTT wrote:
But what are you going on about?

I have deduced from your obsessive traits and profound lack of empathy and social skills that you are an Aspie. It was a "eureka!" moment. That's all.

Christ, that would explain a lot

Cycloptichorn
contrex

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:57 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Christ, that would explain a lot

I don't think he's the only one. I do see where the "assberger" epithet comes from.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:05 am
@contrex,
You are such a liar, Contrex. You tried this silly trick a couple of years ago. Do your "eureka" moments continually do flashbacks on you like this?

And what's this now, the tenth or fifteenth time that you have threatened "ignore"? Have you heard the story of the boy who cried wolf?

Were the questions I asked of you too complex?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:08 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

You are such a liar, Contrex. You tried this silly trick a couple of years ago. Do your "eureka" moments continually do flashbacks on you like this?

And what's this now, the tenth or fifteenth time that you have threatened "ignore"? Have you heard the story of the boy who cried wolf?

Were the questions I asked of you too complex?

I think that he's merely pointing out the fact that, on every single thread you participate in, you act like a perfect ass. Not very friendly to people.

You're obviously intelligent, but somehow that doesn't translate into understanding the fact that if you can't make personal connections with people, they don't give a **** how right you are on a point or an issue.

Cycloptichorn
JTT

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:12 am
@Cycloptichorn,
This from a guy who won't enter into a discussion until he gets a promise that the other party will agree to change their mind.

What are you doing in a thread on language, Cy, trollin'? Smile

No matter, you're welcome here. Add your two cents to the language issues if you like and no one will demand that you first agree to admit that you're mistaken before you discuss your ideas.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:14 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

This from a guy who won't enter into a discussion until he gets a promise that the other party will agree to change their mind.

What are you doing in a thread on language, Cy, trollin'? Smile

I read these threads all the time. I just don't comment very often, because this isn't my specialty, and I don't feel like I have more to add to the conversation than others here.

Quote:
No matter, you're welcome here. Add your two cents to the language issues if you like and no one will demand that you first agree to admit that you're mistaken before you discuss your ideas.

Why turn this back around on me? Do you think people simply don't notice when you do that, or understand the tactic? Address your own behavior. I dare ya.

Cycloptichorn
contrex

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:22 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Do you think people simply don't notice when you do that

Many Aspies can't imagine how other people think.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:23 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
I think that he's merely pointing out the fact that, on every single thread you participate in, you act like a perfect ass. Not very friendly to people.

"on every single thread", eh, Cy? You may have gotten this silly idea because I don't suffer fools lightly. On these recurring language issues, the recurring stupidity, largely from the same small few, just keeps rearing its ugly head.

Actually, it's odd that you've missed that that's very much you.

I'm the one who has, numerous times, pointed out to Contrex, Setanta and others that they are being asses to ESLs.

Notice how quickly Contrex sought the safety of his little personal cocoon. He actually does this all the time on the language threads.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:27 am
@JTT,
Even in response, you're an ass - and blame everyone else for your behavior but yourself.

Yes, it's on every single thread that I see you posting on. All of 'em. I rarely see you engage in a friendly conversation with anyone here. It's usually an attempt by you to show how morally or linguistically superior you are to everyone else. What about that says 'hey, I'm a nice person, let's engage in conversation?'

Cycloptichorn
contrex

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:28 am
@JTT,
Cy, this is amusing... he's flailing around like a cornered rat... when shall we release the terrier?
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:46 am
cycloptichorn is right.
JTT

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:56 am
@contrex,
How's "ignore" working for you, C?
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:59 am
@MontereyJack,
He's written something, but I'm not going to look!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 11:08 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
Yes, it's on every single thread that I see you posting on. All of 'em. I rarely see you engage in a friendly conversation with anyone here.

You've not been looking. This is just what you see as a grand attempt at retribution.

Quote:
It's usually an attempt by you to show how morally or linguistically superior you are to everyone else. What about that says 'hey, I'm a nice person, let's engage in conversation?'

Absolute drivel.

I've never suggested that I'm morally or linguistically superior to anyone. For the latter, I'm the one who defends, from the likes of Contrex and a few others, those who are derided as being language challenged.

For the former, I think you take great umbrage that I've described, with copious fact, that the US is a terrorist nation, a nation that has committed, numerous times, mass murder, a nation that excels in torture and rape and all other manner of brutality, ... , and this is the best response that you can come up with.

Now, as we are in this thread, if you have some questions or comments that you would like me to address, by all means, ask away. You won't find me running to the safety of 'ignore', or making lame excuse as to why I won't engage in any discussion.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 11:09 am
Cyclo wrote:
Quote:
You're obviously intelligent, but somehow that doesn't translate into understanding the fact that if you can't make personal connections with people, they don't give a **** how right you are on a point or an issue.

Huh? I don't know about anyone else, but when I'm reading something someone has written for informational purposes - I'm much more interested in if they are right on a point or issue than if I have a personal connection with them.

So, you only listen to people with whom you have a personal connection?

Interesting.

And I don't want to get into any name-calling or personal insult throwing contests.
I'm just intrigued by this statement and want to address it.